Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Claremont Court, Finglas Rd, D11 ??

Options
  • 15-10-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just about to rent in here .. looks like a lovely estate, close to town with settled community....anyone on here from there or lived there ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Assuming you are indeed renting here and not buying ;), you are across from the cemetery and the 2 garages are your convenience stores within distance. Watch out for horrendous traffic and parking at peak hour. Its a grand area otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Great buses along the side of the cemetery, all the 40's to Parnell St, 140 from Ikea to Merrion Sq (?). Close to an Aldi/Lidl too, and Tesco up towards Finglas a bit. Phibsboro should have everything else within a reasonable walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

gurramok wrote: »
    Assuming you are indeed renting here and not buying ;), you are across from the cemetery and the 2 garages are your convenience stores within distance. Watch out for horrendous traffic and parking at peak hour. Its a grand area otherwise.

Actually intend buying there...........but not for year or two :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Yep, I live there (renting for the past 3 years), it's a really lovely estate.

We commute by bus so I can't speak to the traffic, but it does seem to be heavy at peak commute time, the buses are pretty good though; 40/40a/40d to Parnell St and 140 to Leeson St. If you walk further towards Phibsborough you can also get the 13,4,19,83 depending on need.

Not sure which of the houses that are for rent you're taking, as of about a month ago there were 5 there, all around the 1400 mark, one of which i wouldn't touch with a barge pole, but the rest weere grand. If you're backing *directly* onto the train tracks there can be a problem with kids throwing rocks at windows from the cabra side (anecdotal) but the trains themselves are suprisingly quiet.

Shopping wise, 24 hour petrol station at the estate entrance, Lidl a short walk away, Tesco a little further, and the 24 hour Tesco in finglas is pretty close too.
    Welcome to the neighourhood ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

Ste.phen wrote: »

all around the 1400 mark, one of which i wouldn't touch with a barge pole, but the rest weere grand.

What is/was wrong with 'the one' ? :confused: :rolleyes:

I'll be commuting by motorbike, as always, and herself only works off Thomas St so she may leave car home and cycle (rather her then me LOL)

Thats all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

We viewed the 'wrong' one about 18 months ago while thinking of moving elsewhere, the landlord gave us a bad vibe, all the fittings were original (i.e 70s/80s), there was a top floor conversion done that I wouldn't consider safe by any stretch (esp. since it had a kitchen up there!). It was probably perfectly livable, but for the price they were asking there was much better available, even in the same estate. The rest all seem[ed] to have a higher spec finish, wooden floors, modern kitchens, etc.

For a Thomas St commute, cycling would be fastest, though buses to O Connell St / Parnell St are very frequent and quite fast. Walking would be <1 hour too, which may compare favourably to whatever your current commute is

Advertisement