Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC internet not connecting/slow intermittently

• 15-10-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I have had UPC for about 7 or 8 months now. I have the 6MB package.
    I find that the internet can be very slow when I first turn on my PC to connect to the internet, and also get a lot of dropped pages, especially in the first 15 minutes after I logon, but also intermittently throughout the day.

Nothing has changed in my PC in the last 3 years, but I never had these problems when I was using DSL.

Has anyone experienced this or have any solutions? When I ring UPC customer service, they just say that there is nothing wrong with the system and that it must be my PC, but I never had these issues before going with UPC.

Any thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Stuart mulvaney

Hi I move to (that croud) last few months and i have nothing but modem resetting by its self, even though after having had a number of technicians call to my house to try and fix my broadband issue, no technician to date has resolved this matter. They have been convinced each time they have remedied the problem but, alas the problem recurs after a short while,

I called them for the final time and made a complaint, because the person on the phone has spoke to her supervisor and they have done everything that they could possibly do, Separate line drop new box in house even switched router, and the complaints department have contact the area manager, to deal with the out side

I know how you feel, you’re not the only person have the issue,

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Got 20 meg a few months back and all i can say is this UPC service is the worst BB i have ever used in quite a number of years using BB, i have had 3 "engineers" who all done and said the same thing with no success, 3 replaced routers and i am still getting disconnected EVERY night at least twice but mostly about 5 or 6 times, i also have the phone with them too so when the BB goes so does the phone. If you are thinking of using the service for gaming ? forget about it from 7pm to about 10pm the pings go from about 40 to 130 to a server in the UK. I was then told by "Customer Service" that they do not support ping or latency issues and if i want to phone a Premium number they might, might be able to help me, An absolute shambles and will be contacting comreg.

Soon to be an ex UPC customer (TV,PHONE,BB)

Advertisement