Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing in a Live race on C4?

Options
  • 15-10-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Saw in a Paddy Power shop today that they will be enhancing fancied horses in all Saturday's Live races on C4.
    The bloke on the audio mentioned Frankel, Twice Over and Delegator, can't remember what the other horses were though.
    I presume it will be a 1 tic enhance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Probably would be. If you fancy an outsider though,bet365 is the way to go. Back a winner over 4/1 in a race on Channel 4 and they give you the same stake free on the next live race,and on the next race aswell if you win that one,and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Max of a grand in PP.
    Bet365 good offer, what's the chances of getting a 4/1 winner though in those races?

Very good to be honest,a lot of very competitive handicaps get shown on channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I think it's a bit sneaky as it forces you to avoid the main favs in most of the races as they wouldn't be over 4/1.
    Examples today:
    Delegator 6/4
    Frankel 4/6
    Twice Over 7/2
    Barizan 6/4.
    Cesarewitch, you'd be hard pushed to get the winner.

I don't think it forces anything,just offers punters looking for a value bet even better value. After all,Barizan and Delegator were both beaten by horses over 4/1,and bet365 are often still near top price on alot of favourites,just about attracting more punters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fav is 6/4, 2nd fav is 13/8 (McCoy & Walsh) in an 8 runner race (3.15 Cheltenham) and it's 10/1 bar these 2.
    That's 75% of the book on the 1st two, so you'd be hard pushed to find anyone backing any of the others (apart from the e/w punters).
    The book was 114%, no wonder so many bookies make money.
    It's an offer by 365 all right but not the best one I've seen.

And the winner of that race was 14/1.

Indeed it was but how many people would have backed a 14/1 shot against
    2 horses under 7/4?

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I would.

Plenty,the race was 10/1 bar the 2,and was playing 3 places.

• Advertisement

Plenty,the race was 10/1 bar the 2,and was playing 3 places.

3 places but the 1st two in the betting you would have imagined would have taken 2 of the 3 places so in effect you were backing a horse to finish in the final e/w place, not that easy to pick that horse from those available.
    The next in the betting were 10/1, 12/1,12/1 and then the 14/1 winner.

Not necessarily,other wise you would have done place only betting

Advertisement