Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to block cold coming in garage door

• 15-10-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

We have a garage on the front of the house & the internal door let in some serious amount of cold last year. I do plan to put up a curtain over the internal door but aside from that, I'm just looking for suggestions on how to keep the draught from the garage to a minimum. Does anyone have any experience with those garage door silver insulation things? Are they any good? Is there any alternative?

Would appreciate any advice offered :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

my uncle draftproofed his garage door and passenger door as he uses his garage for sitting in alot and fiddling at things :) think he said it cost him about £90 to do and although I put a radiator in it for him even when the rad is not on the cold doesn't feel like its coming in much since he did that

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NokTok

Thanks sparkpea, did he use the padded foil type stuff that you can get in b&q/woodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I think it was more just the brushes to stop the draft coming through the gaps in the doors, doing it top bottom left and right

Advertisement