Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection - need upload!

Options
  • 15-10-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Howdy

Any of you fellas know who provides a broadband with decent upload speed? (1mb/s is not decent >_> )

regards
    mystiq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

mystiq wrote: »
    Howdy

Any of you fellas know who provides a broadband with decent upload speed? (1mb/s is not decent >_> )

regards
    mystiq

There are companies that provide residential broadband packages with more than a 1mb upload.... in Ireland?

Hardly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Agricola wrote: »
    There are companies that provide residential broadband packages with more than a 1mb upload.... in Ireland?

Hardly.

UPC, the third largest provider, have 3 meg upload available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

You might want to check out the broadband forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mystiq

Spear wrote: »
    UPC, the third largest provider, have 3 meg upload available.

but they are terrible company.
    latency sucks etc, afaik, unless something changed in past two years in way they operate (they have WORST support i've ever seen!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

but they are terrible company.
    latency sucks etc, afaik, unless something changed in past two years in way they operate (they have WORST support i've ever seen!)

Well, I am missing a meg off my download speed.

992071988.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Spear wrote: »
    Well, I am missing a meg off my download speed.

992071988.png

This is why I want UPC now.

100KB/s download is not enough, and with an upload speed 3 times faster than what I download at currently? with pings one third of my greatest ever? I'm sold.

Cannot wait until they are in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Spear, I officially hate you! :D

Im paying 43 a month for a 2mb connection (which becomes a 1mb for afew hours every day) wireless connection.

Looking at the packages on the UPC site makes me sad and angry. :(:mad:

Agricola wrote: »
    Spear, I officially hate you! :D

Im paying 43 a month for a 2mb connection (which becomes a 1mb for afew hours every day) wireless connection.

Looking at the packages on the UPC site makes me sad and angry. :(:mad:

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_broadband.html

i think this is wifi and they got good connection quality across ireland from what i heard. someone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So, UPC is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_broadband.html

i think this is wifi and they got good connection quality across ireland from what i heard. someone confirm this?

Terrible Latency from what I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I use UPC in the city centre. To be fair their service really depends on where in Dublin (or Ireland) you are. Although hotfile has been acting up the last few days, in general the service is great & v fast. Get about tops 3.5MB/sec.

1001003857.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Magnet do a package where its 12mb upload/download, the package is aimed at gamers and costs 60 per month.

Krieg wrote: »
    Magnet do a package where its 12mb upload/download, the package is aimed at gamers and costs 60 per month.

12 meg upload? Are you sure about that? If would need to be fibre for that. Magnets Bolt gaming package is ADSL2 based, and thus can't go anywhere near 12 meg up.

Aye it is :P
    krieg wrote:

It's 512kb/s for all their packages - at least that's what they say.

Aye it is :P
    krieg wrote:

It's 512kb/s for all their packages - at least that's what they say.

If magnet rep confirms 12upload, then they got a client here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yeah im probably wrong then. yep no mention of it on their website.

Advertisement