Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind Blu-ray

Options
  • 15-10-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Got this today and its awesome, no more black bars surronging the picture like the dvd transfer. The overall picture quality is fantastic, theres alot of film grain but i like it :), the only downside is theres no 5.1 option but i assume it was originally done in stereo.

Now where is the Spirited Away blu-ray I want so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Nausicaa's easily my favourite Ghibli film, it's seriously awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

It's a classic ghibli, but I felt the script was too forced upon me!

It's no spirited away, anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

just back from hmv. nausicaa bluray was over 30 euro. i will repeat that OVER 30 EURO!!!!! i really wanted to buy it but that price is incredible. it wasnt even a double disc. it didnt have any extra cardboard on it with bits of glitter. i am dumbfounded

i think it was 36 euro to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I got it for 28 euro when it was released in hmv, even though its only £14.99 on Amazon , so if hmv are charging u more ,then thier charging more than their own store in Cork lol :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lesson: don't buy anime in a store.
    Or at all, torrents are the future, amirite
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I just bought this in-store because i wanted to see it that night
    also torrents are not the future , I'll take a 50gb 1080p bluray over some 720p-rip at 2-3gb any day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anything other than the latest Hollywood releases are ridiculous prices in HMV, their World Cinema section gives me a heart attack every time I pass it at the cumulaitve cost of buying films I want from it.

Just go online, Play, Amazon, Zavvi are your friends (if they even have it).

Advertisement