Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RDS stamp fair

• 15-10-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

just wanted to check was anyone at the stamp fair today in the RDS, im thinking of going up tomorrow just wanted to find out what coin and note dealers were there

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

just wanted to check was anyone at the stamp fair today in the RDS, im thinking of going up tomorrow just wanted to find out what coin and note dealers were there

All the regular coin/note dealers were there, the only one I noticed missing was Keith from the UK. The room was a bit smaller than Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I went along to this also. I managed to pay twice the admission price by going in the wrong door and being charged €10 for the 'Over 55's' show despite saying to the person on the door I only wanted to go to the stamp part of the exhibition.

I thought the amount of coin/medal dealers was pretty good really. Not much interest in stamps but wanted to get some archival paper and acid free document storage solutions.

Seeing as I had paid for the over 55's show I decided to check it out and it was more interesting bizarrely enough. There were lots of genealogy & local history & related stands & information, photo restoration, History Ireland magazine stall selling back issues for peanuts, National Library of Ireland stall, archeology Ireland, also a woman selling genealogy document storage solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

didnt get up to this in the end, made a few atempts but no joy,
    was there anything out of the ordinary on offer there or was it just run of the mill stuff? any of the dealer doing good deals or had some rare items?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I literally just went to pick stuff up and drop stuff off, so I was only there for about an hour and only had a quick glance around. Same ole stuff, though you can always get rare items from the likes of the American guy Del Parker, if you're willing to pay through the nose that is.

Advertisement