Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MOH Question

• 15-10-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

My brother wants to play online in the new medal of honour which he got today, when he selects multiplayer and accepts the T&C it says failed to create account. You do not meet the criteria for creating an account. What meets the criteria, he put in his actual age when signing up to xbox live, could this be the porblem? He is not 18, if so is there a way around this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

RHunce wrote: »
    My brother wants to play online in the new medal of honour which he got today, when he selects multiplayer and accepts the T&C it says failed to create account. You do not meet the criteria for creating an account. What meets the criteria, he put in his actual age when signing up to xbox live, could this be the porblem? He is not 18, if so is there a way around this? Thanks.

Of course that's the probem. The game has been certified 18+ for a reason :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Derolicte

EA use their own servers for their games on Xbox LIVE. Unfortunately, they recently changed their age policy for accessing these servers. In the EU you now need to be 16 or over to sign in to play their games online. Even stuff like FIFA 11. It's ridiculous.

If your brother is younger than this, his only option is to set up a new gamertag and make sure the DOB is set to over 18.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Why oh why he put his real name on xbox age. account I don't know.

I mean, its an online console to which microsoft have unlimited access to the content we use and view on it for research and moderating.

Moose has a point however, the game is rated 18, I'm not such a dick that I would condone someone playing it if they where perhaps 15+, lets face it we've all done it, but he's obviously younger or else he would be able to access the EA servers.

You're only option is to create a new gamertag and fix the age, you'll lose all you're gamerscore but meh it's worth it for the game.

Goodluck, hope it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

thanks a million lads, great help :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement