Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick toy show vs late late toy show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Yawn! I guess the only kicks some people get involve idiotic slurs at even the good news from Limerick.

We'll just watch the Dublin version again this year and delude ourselves into thinking that The Billie Barrie Kids are representative of all the layabout ASBO candidate offspring of the dole-sponger, drug-addicted gang members from Crumlin and Tallaght and Ballymun and the inner-city estates of Dublin.

Oops! Cheap and unfair generalisation, there......no need to apologise, though, it's in good company in this thread.
    Is Limerick your ould one or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 readyornot

lads ye are all great slagging the limerick toy show off and limerick as a city, one thing ye forget this toy show in limerick is been done in aid of irish charities such as banardo's( who work with disadvantage children all over in ireland including dublin), crumlins hospital(dublin), limerick youth service st. munchins action center instead donating your time slagging it off donate money which will help these charitie.one last thing the people who are runnig this show in limerick are doing it for free and not been paid unlike RTE chiefs who get paid to throw our money down the drain so if ye want to slag off someone slag off rte chiefs,banks and especially the goverment who can't even help out these charities due to the recession (which they caused along with the banks);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

That's what I meant.

In my opinion, Limerick is a dump. I agree. I've lived there for 7years, so I can comment on it. I wasn't standing up for the city, I was just saying maybe if the outsiders have a reasonable level of intelligence they might come up with a new insult? That one's a bit old now.

There are nice parts and bad areas in every city. It is dumb to call a whole city a dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 limericklassie

how sad :(that these idiots can bring something sooo good as the limerick toy show (which i may add is for charity) down :mad:, ye need to go get a life seriously, we in limerick don't care what ye think, the show will still go ahead and it will be the best thing ever, the organisers are doing a fantastic job and we in limerick will turn out in our thousands to watch it and to be part of history:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Can the people directly involved in this toy show please raise your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 limericklassie

Can the people directly involved in this toy show please raise your hands.

there are alot of people involved in the toy show, and yes they are allowed there opinion as much as the next person, i mean come is this about the toy show personally, or is it just limerick that ye have a problem with:confused:, alot of limerick people can come on here a slag Dublin off but we are much better than that:). it is not just limerick who will benefit from the toy show its Dublin aswel, so why don;'t ye get off ye're high horses and support this great cause because some one ye know will need the help of the services that are benefiting from the toy show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

cruiser178 wrote: »
    If you have lived in limerick for 7 years you must have gained something or earned a lot of money something you couldn't do in the town you came from,so why call limerick a dump?

Nope, didn't gain anything or earn a lot of money there. I call Limerick a dump because you can't walk down a street without having knackers scowling at you, supposedly homeless people beggin for a 'spare eura' from you for their fags, or seeing travellers calling into any shop they pass to steal. There are some decent people in Limerick, but they're the people that agree it's a scum hole.

Potentially it could be a good place to be, but you'd have to nuke the knackers and put in an awful lot of work to making it look nice, and bringing in actual facilities.
    Limerick3 wrote: »
    There are nice parts and bad areas in every city. It is dumb to call a whole city a dump.

I disagree. In my opinion, like I said, Limerick is a dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

If you have lived in limerick for 7 years you must have gained something or earned a lot of money something you couldn't do in the town you came from,so why call limerick a dump?

Probably but ah is full of threads like that,i wanted this thread to be a bit of banter one old worn out toy show v a new more vibrant toy show that will benefit many charitys including childrens hospital crumlin dublin.

I think myself! its good to have the Banter, but are you guys for real? the two shows The limerick toy show, and The late late toy show, are going to be great for both party's considering its going to help charity's and also give the kids all over the country, a much needed boost all over this Christmas,:rolleyes: it should be kept to the topic not turning into who's better than who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

flanno_7hi wrote: »
    Jail?

Felt like it...but no.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Nope, didn't gain anything or earn a lot of money there. I call Limerick a dump because you can't walk down a street without having knackers scowling at you, supposedly homeless people beggin for a 'spare eura' from you for their fags, or seeing travellers calling into any shop they pass to steal. There are some decent people in Limerick, but they're the people that agree it's a scum hole.

Potentially it could be a good place to be, but you'd have to nuke the knackers and put in an awful lot of work to making it look nice, and bringing in actual facilities.

Come on now thats a bit ott you cant say you were begged off every time you walked down the street.Iv'e lived here all my life and i dont get that every time i walk the streets of limerick city,yes there is beggars but not to that extent.
    Hopefully the media will cover this event the way it should be covered,positively and not the usual drivel they write.
    Watch out llts limerick is taking the spot light this year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

"and next were going over to 12 year old johno who hs been playing with the pocket knives"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

WOW where in limerick did you live if you dont mind me asking cos im from england and moved here in 2000, and the only beggers ive seen are in cruises street, only certain travellers steal from shop i work in cpw and all the travellers that come in BUY their phones as for knackers scowling at you...... if you dont look at them you wont notice them scowling. im sure the palace you live in at the moment is perfect but i really wouldnt like to live in your self absorbed little world.

opinions like yours should stay yours.

'and here we have billy, advertising all kinds of sharp, efficient cutlery!'
    Mousey- wrote: »
    "and next were going over to 12 year old johno who hs been playing with the pocket knives"

WOW did you miss the above post or just too arrogant to think of your own??

Meh. I'm not going to argue. clearly you've lived a sheltered life in limerick. And this is the internet, so I'll give my opinion where there's a forum to give it. ok, thanks :D

Mousey- wrote: »
    "and next were going over to 12 year old johno who hs been playing with the pocket knives with his cousins anto and deco all from tallagh.So lads tell me what do ya think of the knives.
    shu up ryn or we bleedin cu your big bleedin ears off.

fixed,no need to thank me mousey:p

• Advertisement

Meh. I'm not going to argue. clearly you've lived a sheltered life in limerick. And this is the internet, so I'll give my opinion where there's a forum to give it. ok, thanks :D

im not arguing lol just wondered where in limerick you acually where when you were there?

Ahahahahaha ok bye now;)

caspa307 wrote: »
    im not arguing lol just wondered where in limerick you acually where when you were there?

I'm not going to list the places I've lived.

was it under a bridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Wow. I've nothing against Limerick but there are a lot of thin-skinned people on this thread.

Awful lot of retards if you ask me!!

• Advertisement

Spudmonkey wrote: »

Just over 500 posts in 6 years and you come on here with the sole contribution of calling other ppl retards gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Given some of the pathetic slurs, I'd tend to agree.

Mind you, it was a thread about a great initiative in Limerick to run a toy show that will benefit kids, so maybe we shouldn't let said retards hijack it.

ill bet you hate england and support man utd at the same time dont ya,

id also stick money on it anytime limerick is getting good press your a proud limerick man in fact ill even bet you cheered on munster tonight.

caspa307 wrote: »
    ill bet you hate england and support man utd at the same time dont ya,

id also stick money on it anytime limerick is getting good press your a proud limerick man in fact ill even bet you cheered on munster tonight.

I don't hate any country, I don't support any football or rugby team, I am never proud of any county or city whatever connection I do or don't have with it, and I'm a woman.

I'm from Tipperary and not once have I gloated about them winning that cup thing.

Why wouldn't you assume because I don't like Limerick that I'm a hypocrite? I don't see the connection. I don't go blathering on everywhere about how much I hate Limerick, or anything really. Someone assumed I was from Limerick and proud of it, and I corrected them. That's it really. You're the one making a big deal out of how I feel about it.

Give up already.

Just over 500 posts in 6 years and you come on here with the sole contribution of calling other ppl retards gtfo.

I'm actually from Limerick and to tell you the truth I find it quite pathetic to see the keyboard warriors here degrading someones locality. Then again with the crap I've seen in the cesspit that is after hours, nothing surprises me...

BTW the number of posts I have made constitutes what exactly?

I'm actually from Limerick and to tell you the truth I find it quite pathetic to see the keyboard warriors here degrading someones locality. Then again with the crap I've seen in the cesspit that is after hours, nothing surprises me...

BTW the number of posts I have made constitutes what exactly?
    Your right noting but the post you quoted calling posters on this thread thin skined and your contribution looked like you were agreeing with that and the word "retards" didn't sit well with me.If i picked you up wrong i apologise.

Mind you, it was a thread about a great initiative in Limerick to run a toy show that will benefit kids, so maybe we shouldn't let said retards hijack it.

Apologies Liam. That previous post was aimed at the hijackers rather than those who actually were contributing. However the thin-skinned poster before you obviously gave you the wrong impression I was targeting the wrong people...

Your right noting but the post you quoted calling posters on this thread thin skined and your contribution looked like you were agreeing with that and the word "retards" didn't sit well with me.If i picked you up wrong i apologise.

No bother at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Given some of the pathetic slurs, I'd tend to agree.

It's AH, nature of the beast!

Donegal gets it share of stereotypes too, often from people in counties that should know better!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Lot of celebs getting in on the act http://www.munsterimages.ie/2010/10/photos-from-limerick-toy-show-press.html come on dubs are ye gona make it too easy for us to take the title or wa:D

• Advertisement

I don't hate any country, I don't support any football or rugby team, I am never proud of any county or city whatever connection I do or don't have with it, and I'm a woman.

I'm from Tipperary and not once have I gloated about them winning that cup thing.

Why wouldn't you assume because I don't like Limerick that I'm a hypocrite? I don't see the connection. I don't go blathering on everywhere about how much I hate Limerick, or anything really. Someone assumed I was from Limerick and proud of it, and I corrected them. That's it really. You're the one making a big deal out of how I feel about it.

Give up already.

bla, bal, bla, if you don't mind me asking! where you live? do you guy's do anything entertaining for your kids e.t.c. i don't think your a hypocrite? your worse than that, your one of these people, that hate the thoughts of Limerick people coming together. getting good positive news for once turns your stomach into knots! Grow up and support the people, who make an effort to make this society a better one! The limerick toy show,will bring a buzzing atmosphere to mighty! Limerick.:D

Lot of celebs getting in on the act http://www.munsterimages.ie/2010/10/photos-from-limerick-toy-show-press.html come on dubs are ye gona make it too easy for us to take the title or wa:D

Hey! Cruiser, there cool Pictures, i seen a big thing on the paper that the whole Munster team, are behind this great toy show this is really great to see and by the looks of it. its all true, is it true Gay byrne, is coming out of retirement for the limerick toy show was told that tonight.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Cathal McCarthy

I'm looking forward to the Limerick Toy Show and I hope I'm not disappointed. The Late Late Toy show is a rushed affair, packing in as many toys as possible with out giving the kids a chance to properly review them. If a toy is crap or a bit of a let down then the kids should be allowed to say so. Turbirdy wasn't so bad, but Kenny used to annoy me the way he would try and stop the kids from slating the toys when they weren't impressed with them. I hope the Limerick Toy Show is different and will give more time to the kids views. Afterall we're in a resession and I for one would like to know if Santa is bringing value for money.

Ps. Can the people that are only interested in slaggin off my City please go away and find a thread where they can all bask in their own smug malcontentedness. This is something positive coming out of Limerick and its all in aid of worthy charities and services, both local and national. Im sure there's a 'I love to hate Limerick' or 'Stab City Scandal' thread where you can go and wallow. Its not so much that I'm thin skinned as its wearing thin at this stage.

Pps. looking forward to the toy show.

Its going to be the under dogs Munster, pull together too take on the mighty Leinster:eek:, in the battle of the toy show! come on Munster, we can give them the Hacka, and give them what we owe them?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Excellent, no posh Billy Barry kids then, just Antneys and Jacintas.

Excellent, no posh Billy Barry kids then, just Antneys and Jacintas.

I would hope that the Limerick Toy Show would include kids from all over the City and that there's no discrimination. Someone's accent can tell you where they're from, but not who they are or what they're like. Likewise with their address. Some people make snap judgements about others based on nothing more than their own small mindedness and limited knowledge. From my experience, children don't discriminate unless they've been taught to by their parents. I hope the Limerick Toy Show brings kids from all over the City together in friendship and fun - many accents, one voice!

nononsense wrote: »
    if you don't mind me asking! where you live?

What?? Are you asking a question? I live in Tipperary, as you can see over there <-- What difference does that make?
    do you guy's do anything entertaining for your kids e.t.c.

I don't have children. What are you talking about?
    i don't think your a hypocrite?
    Are you asking me something?
    your worse than that, your one of these people,

It's "you're", as in you are. However you don't know me, so you can't tell what kind of person I am.
    that hate the thoughts of Limerick people coming together. getting good positive news for once turns your stomach into knots! Grow up and support the people, who make an effort to make this society a better one!

I never mentioned anything about being against positive things or people, or in fact, anything to do with this toy show. Take the time to look back over my posts so you can see what I actually said. I couldn't care less what people want to do or not do, if they want to put on some show, let them go ahead. I'm really indifferent to it all.

I never mentioned anything about being against positive things or people, or in fact, anything to do with this toy show. Take the time to look back over my posts so you can see what I actually said. I couldn't care less what people want to do or not do, if they want to put on some show, let them go ahead. I'm really indifferent to it all.

I took the time to look back over your posts. "Limerick is a dump" and "nuke all the knackers" jumped out at me, but you're right you never mentioned the Limerick Toy Show, which is odd, as this is a thread dedicated to the show. I'm sorry that you spent "7 miserable years" in my City. Though, judging from your posts on this thread, I suspect that you'd be miserable wherever you lived. Happiness is not a place, it's a state of mind and you are who you are, no matter where you go. If you're so "indifferent to it all" then why all the posts? You're even checking people for their spelling! I think you might need to get out a bit more, why not cheer yourself up and get a ticket for the Limerick Toy Show. Santa will be there, you could ask him for something nice.

I took the time to look back over your posts. "Limerick is a dump" and "nuke all the knackers" jumped out at me, but you're right you never mentioned the Limerick Toy Show, which is odd, as this is a thread dedicated to the show. I'm sorry that you spent "7 miserable years" in my City. Though, judging from your posts on this thread, I suspect that you'd be miserable wherever you lived. Happiness is not a place, it's a state of mind and you are who you are, no matter where you go. If you're so "indifferent to it all" then why all the posts? You're even checking people for their spelling! I think you might need to get out a bit more, why not cheer yourself up and get a ticket for the Limerick Toy Show. Santa will be there, you could ask him for something nice.

If you're going to try quote what I said, get it right. I didn't say it was 7 miserable years in 'your' city :rolleyes: I said I've lived there for 7 years, so I can comment on it based on my experiences. And that's what I've done, so you can't try make out like I'm wrong.

And if you did really look over my posts you'll see the reason for all my posts is because of people like you picking on what I've said, which is that I don't like the scumbaggish atmosphere of Limerick city. That is my opinion, and I'm not going to change it because you happen to think differently. I actually originally posted here to say the 'stab city' tag is boring, and have only continued because you want to try convince me I'm wrong.

So just let it go, you're not right because you think you're right. You're not getting anywhere, you're just dragging the whole thread into a discussion about how shit limerick is (or isn't).

• Advertisement

If you're going to try quote what I said, get it right. I didn't say it was 7 miserable years in 'your' city :rolleyes: I said I've lived there for 7 years, so I can comment on it based on my experiences. And that's what I've done, so you can't try make out like I'm wrong.

And if you did really look over my posts you'll see the reason for all my posts is because of people like you picking on what I've said, which is that I don't like the scumbaggish atmosphere of Limerick city. That is my opinion, and I'm not going to change it because you happen to think differently. I actually originally posted here to say the 'stab city' tag is boring, and have only continued because you want to try convince me I'm wrong.

So just let it go, you're not right because you think you're right. You're not getting anywhere, you're just dragging the whole thread into a discussion about how shit limerick is (or isn't).

The reason posters picked on what you said is because in two separate posts you referred to limerick as been a dump,a scumbag atmosphire and travellers thieves amongst other rubbish did you think posters would agree with you?
    Limerick is a beautiful city(have a look at post # 30)and this toy show is going to be another jewel in limericks crown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I would hope that the Limerick Toy Show would include kids from all over the City and that there's no discrimination. Someone's accent can tell you where they're from, but not who they are or what they're like. Likewise with their address. Some people make snap judgements about others based on nothing more than their own small mindedness and limited knowledge. From my experience, children don't discriminate unless they've been taught to by their parents. I hope the Limerick Toy Show brings kids from all over the City together in friendship and fun - many accents, one voice!

Yawn :rolleyes:

Try not to be so sensitive to every throw-away comment esp. in After Hours, I'm not from Lk City but just out the road and I consider Limerick to be 'my' city, I'm not having a go, you can turn off the P.C radar now.

Sheeps wrote: »
    The mayor of limerick city wants to legalise incest. Sums up Limerick really.

Have you some sort of a source for this or did you just pull it out of your hole? If you did I think it does more summing up about you than anything else...

The thread had degenerated long before I got here, with posts like yours refering to the "scumbaggish atmosphere of Limerick city". You're entitled to your opinion love, and nobody has asked you to change it, just to take it elsewhere. I take it you won't be going to the Limerick Toy Show then? Probably just as well, I'd say you've made Santa's naughty list with all those nasty little posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The thread had degenerated long before I got here, with posts like yours refering to the "scumbaggish atmosphere of Limerick city". You're entitled to your opinion love, and nobody has asked you to change it, just to take it elsewhere. I take it you won't be going to the Limerick Toy Show then? Probably just as well, I'd say you've made Santa's naughty list with all those nasty little posts.
    lol

Yawn :rolleyes:

Try not to be so sensitive to every throw-away comment esp. in After Hours, I'm not from Lk City but just out the road and I consider Limerick to be 'my' city, I'm not having a go, you can turn off the P.C radar now.

Sorry if I took you up wrong sham, I'm fairly new to this postin lark and I didn't expect to find so many nasty posts, hard to tell 'friend' from 'foe'. I don't consider myself to be PC, just POed with all the negetive remarks.

• Advertisement

So, does anyone know what acts will be preforming at the Limerick Toy Show, aside from magician Leon Anderson and dance group Flawless, which is all the Limerick Leader would reveal. I heard a rumour that the Cranberries would be preforming, the drummer lives around the corner from Shelbourne Park, so it might be true.

Can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sheeps wrote: »
    Yeah, I read this somewhere too. Didn't know if it were true or not but it seems that it is. Kind of shocking.

What do you mean "too" ? The original claim was YOUR OWN POST, and now you're trying to pretend that you're a second person who read it ? :mad:

I doubt Biggins will appreciate his username being used in this way; I'll let him know via PM and he can reply in-thread.

BTW, I hope your vindictive schizophrenia clears up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sheeps, Do not post in this thread again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thank you Liam - I was disgusted to see my name wrongly attached to a sick post.
    I won't further de-rail current thread but simply say I'm not impressed by a now rightly deleted post.

I appreciate the mods quick action.

Now, lets go back to the main topic please?

What?? Are you asking a question? I live in Tipperary, as you can see over there <-- What difference does that make?

I don't have children. What are you talking about?

i thought, you might have some nephews or nieces! that would love to go a toy show like The limerick toy show,

Are you asking me something?

i was asking a simple question? do you have anything entertaining? in your area, for the kids, down in Tipperary:rolleyes:

It's "you're", as in you are. However you don't know me, so you can't tell what kind of person I am.

very true,:D

if you couldn't care less about The limerick toy show, why get involved in the Topic in the first place?

you are of course intitled to your views! but why just stay on The topic, about this great event! what is happening in a so called bad area? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement