Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One computer in the house has very slow internet

Options
  • 15-10-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a good computer that I built over the summer, and everything worked fine. Then the internet connection got very poor lately and I got a message saying that the "Dependency Service Failed to Start" when going into the network and sharing centre. I decided to wipe the computer and reinstall windows 7 hoping that would solve the problem. That particular message is gone but the internet connection is still much slower on it.

On the other wireless computers and laptops around the house I get 300kb/s download speed, but this computer does not get more that 40kb/s for some reason lately. Can anyone suggest anything?

Specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 860
    Ram: 4Gb Corsair Dominator
    GPU: ATI 5850 Toxic
    PSU: 850 Corsair
    Linksys Wireless Card

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

This is a wireless networking section.
    If you have good Internet on one laptop it's not a wireless issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

try update you wireless card drivers, or even try a usb wireless and check if you getting the same speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Do you still get a slower speed when in the same location as one which gets a faster speed, or have you only tried it in it's usual location.

Is any other device near it emitting wireless signals?

If another wireless connected machine works faster when located directly next to it then it's likely to be a hardware or driver problem on your machine.

Advertisement