Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming our Future

Options
  • 16-10-2010 1:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Some of you may have heard of this apolitical movement who are trying to effect change out of the ashes of what we have of an economy at the moment, and I guess trying to reprioritise what is important.

There are local consultation events around the country that anyone and everyone can feel their voice can be heard at and one is coming up in Sligo. Ideas from the local meetings are then brought up by representatives to a main meeting in Dublin at the end of the month.

I thought I might flag the local forums to you as it appears to be some sort of positive constructive opportunity that is beginning to occur and may be nice to get involved in. Its seems to be a very much a grass roots movements and whatever comes of it (and I wish it success) it is nice to see that people are beginning to want to break the silence and get empowered and mobilised for change.
    Please check the local county events in
    http://www.claimingourfuture.ie/

They also have a Facebook page at the bottom of that link so it may be worthwhile to show your support if interested.

Advertisement