Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable II

Options
  • 16-10-2010 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭

is being advertised for free on the xbox website, but when you try and access it from your actual box it costs €29.99. what gives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I got this i started downloading it last night and turned on the xbox this morning to finish it and then started playing from a save i had from the last time i played it on disc best deal ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Isn't it just a part of it that was free? like the 1st part. I remember when they put it on games on demand that it was split into 4 or 5 episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

well the download i got is the full game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

well the download i got is the full game

Seems you got lucky thanks to a marketplace glitch, well played Sir.
    http://www.platformnation.com/2010/10/15/download-fable-2-for-free/

always nice to see people get something for nothing out of M$ greasy mits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I initially thought it was very clever marketing by Microsoft along the lines of THQ when they gave out free copies of Red Faction: Guerilla with Darksiders. If they offered Fable II for free, a couple of weeks before III comes out, there could be plenty of people who never would have bought Fable, who try out 2, really enjoy it, and end up buying 3.

Seems I was crediting Microsoft too much though if it was just a glitch :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I got it queued up earlier today and it's now downloading as I type (/me shakes fist at Virgin Media traffic management).
    I wasn't overly enamoured by the first episode but I'll give it a bash.

As I posted in my thread (sorry :o) M$ aren't going to ban anyone over this, as it's their fault, but I wonder if they'll honour the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I got it last night too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

makes me sick to think i missed this for free!!!! anyone looking to sell a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

emm....this is still working. Just downloading it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

You sure? its down as £19.99 when i checked

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    emm....this is still working. Just downloading it now.
    I SMELL BS:rolleyes: u already have the game looked at your games list there.. and it doesnt take an hour to download a game from live.

I SMELL BS:rolleyes: u already have the game looked at your games list there.. and it doesnt take an hour to download a game from live.

Would want to get your smelling salts out so good lad.

Its 7gb, still downloading and I only downloaded that free episode ages back so thats why its in my game list.

Anyone thats interested just go to download it off the xbox website and queue it to your downloads.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/myAccount/CurrentDownloads.aspx

That's unusual. After I posted it here the page was taken down shortly after and fixed.
    I had to redownload it lastnight and I could still queue it up from the XBL webpage since I had already "purchased" it.

However if I go to the game on the console and select download again it asks for payment options.

Just an update. Left it downloading over night and it's working sound. Received achievements aswell during the game so no "unlock full game" craic. To be honest I reckon it's to garner publicity for fable 3. Wish they would do more offers like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

seems to be gone now alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

still there but not letting me download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

me either, wont start download

i just sent an email to xboxlive looking for my download to this game as i feel i shouldnt be left out as a user of the service for years...

i know this is an error but the game says its free so it should be free imo:p

• Advertisement

Only got around to trying to play it tonight.
    Game doesn't appear in my games list but when I go to the game page in the Marketplace I have a play now option. The screen fades to black and promptly returns to the Marketplace page. Has M$ pulled the plug?

Advertisement