Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weeding

Options
  • 16-10-2010 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

OK i have dug out my back garden,got rid of all/most of the stones,weeds,rubbish etc as i want to plant a lawn, now i know its to late to plant grass seed,but now the weeds are coming back up big time, do i put down weed killer all over garden until i am ready to plant grass next spring or do i leave it alone, any help appreciated thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

You should go over it with roundup or gallup which is the same but a bit cheaper.. It will be slower to act this time of year but will still kill off the weeds..

I'd do it again in the spring to catch the new growth on the weeds and germanating seeds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

bbam wrote: »
    You should go over it with roundup or gallup which is the same but a bit cheaper.. It will be slower to act this time of year but will still kill off the weeds..

I'd do it again in the spring to catch the new growth on the weeds and germanating seeds...

:) Thanks bbam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I've planted lawns at this time of year a few times.. they have always grown ok.

Might just need to fill a few patches in Spring..

:)

Advertisement