Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti theft device for handbag

Options
  • 16-10-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hiya, im looking for something similar to this product:

www.grabguard.com

Tried buying from their website but not letting me and cant find any similar product!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

why not use a combination lock/pad lock and a shop length of plastic coated wire or chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Guard dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

These stores apparently stock this.

A cable lock is the term you want to search for if you're looking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Murt10

I was in the Mater hospital in a public ward last year and could have done with something like this.

There were a couple of other patients there, who you would not trust as far as you could throw them. I suppose junkies by definition are more prone to illness than non addicts.

Another friend of mine was in Jamess', and it was even worse there.

Anyway, they give you a bedside locker that has no locks of any kind. The top drawer in the locker, where you would normally put your personal belongings, laptop, MP3 player, wallet etc., can be pulled open from either side.

I had a strong wire bicycle lock brought in to me. It might have looked hideous, but at least it sent out a clear message, F*** Off and rob some other patient.

Beware of patients who drink a luminous green substance that is brought round to them by nurses.

Advertisement