Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repaying BOSI Loan early

Options
  • 16-10-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

We have a BOSI car loan with 2 years to run.
    We have the cash to repay it and it would improve our "bankability" if we had the monthly repayment to "spare" each month.

However when we looked for settlement value it was far in excess of the Principle+Remaining interest. We are talking about over €1000 and the people on the phone haven't a clue and will not negotiate.

I want to repay early but I will kill me to pay more than Principle and Remaining interest. Any suggestions??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

narommy wrote: »
    I want to repay early but I will kill me to pay more than Principle and Remaining interest. Any suggestions??

Cheers
    I thought BOSI were trying to wind down their Ireland business and would welcome people paying loans off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thats an odd one. They only usually charge 3months of interest plus the principal. Its of no benefit you to clear it if its going to cost more.

I would have a look at the terms and conditions if you still have them and see if there is anything regarding clearing the loan early. I would also call again just to be sure the person did not make a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Fixed rate car loans normally have charges if paying off early. Variable shouldn't. Thats the way most banks run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Jet Black wrote: »
    Thats an odd one. They only usually charge 3months of interest plus the principal. Its of no benefit you to clear it if its going to cost more.

There is a benefit in that it would much improve our monthly finances and show that we have €x,xxx to spare each month........thus hopefully improving our bankability, but it kills me to pay over odds for it :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is it a fixed rate loan? These normally have hefty penalties for early clearance. If it's not, then consult the original T&Cs of the loan, as any fees or penalties should be listed in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement