Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Ivy

Options
  • 16-10-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I know this post is about the plastic stuff but maybe you could help me. I'm looking for cheap fake ivy to use in a set design for a play. I could use the real stuff but it would only last a night or two under the theatre lights and would need to be replenished.

I've been to Plant Life near Thomas st and plan on getting out to Johnstown Garden Centre too but so far the ivy is about 26 quid per small garland, which is over my budget.

Can anyone point me in a cheaper direction?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Try Michael Guineys, the Waterford shop has a section with artificial flowers and they have all sorts of stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

looksee wrote: »
    Try Michael Guineys, the Waterford shop has a section with artificial flowers and they have all sorts of stuff like that.

Really? Michael Guiney's as in the one off O'Connel st too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

yeah Guineys is on North Earl Street..

or you could try Flamingo Display... I'm sure if you google them you might be able to see their stock. They do stuff for window displays and I think they also supply artifical flowers.

They are near Fashion City.. Belgard Road Industrial Estate or somewhere around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, I don't know if the one in Dublin does artificial flowers, but they do in Waterford. Whether they would specifically have ivy would depend on what happens to have come in. Your best bet would be the kind of pound-shop / household stuff store - do Clery's still do that sort of thing? Come to think of it, is Clery's still there? Its a long time since I was shopping in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

foxinsox wrote: »
    yeah Guineys is on North Earl Street..

or you could try Flamingo Display... I'm sure if you google them you might be able to see their stock. They do stuff for window displays and I think they also supply artifical flowers.

http://www.flamingodisplay.com/index.php

THanks for that. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow

looksee wrote: »
    Yes, I don't know if the one in Dublin does artificial flowers, but they do in Waterford. Whether they would specifically have ivy would depend on what happens to have come in. Your best bet would be the kind of pound-shop / household stuff store - do Clery's still do that sort of thing? Come to think of it, is Clery's still there? Its a long time since I was shopping in Dublin!

Thats a good point too... Yep, Clery's is still there and is still the main meeting point on O'Connel st... under the clock....
    Thanks for all the help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement