Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky planning to offer phone/broadband?

• 16-10-2010 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Had a Sky salesman call at my house the other night. When I told him I switched to UPC because of the TV/Phone/BB package he told me Sky would be offering phone & broadband in about 6 months.
    Has anyone else heard anything about this? If their plans are anything like they are in the UK I'll be switching over to them as soon as I can, but I'm not sure how much of what the guy said was bull***t.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

He's likely lieing in order to get a quick sale,

Nobody has heard ANY plans of sky offering Broadband in Ireland, the setup they have in the UK won't happen in Ireland due differences in LLU availability and very high costs involved.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you use the search function you'll see a good few previous threads on this subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,203 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Cabaal wrote: »
    He's likely lieing in order to get a quick sale,

Definately this!

Advertisement