Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphone to scart cable

• 16-10-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right section, but I have a wd mini tv and it uses a headphone connection to a scart or a red/yellow/white into a scart adaptor at the minute.

Basically im looking @ getting two more of these cables to leave in various tvs when i move the wd mini tv around. Any help or even a proper name for them would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Headphone into scart? I never heard of that.

Do you mean this?

RCA to Scart
    0,0,18,19807,360,360,c401f25d.jpg

or do you mean S-Vhs?
    21auyyVE9-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

This is the cable and then I put the scart lead apaptor from an ole N64 cable on top. Sorry, I should have posted this in original post.

wdtv_mini_15.jpg

Oh sorry yeah, i have a few of those for the likes of my old video camera and Palm Treo Pro

They're called Stereo to AV (aka Camcorder cable)

Ebay one here

Tallon wrote: »
    Oh sorry yeah, i have a few of those for the likes of my old video camera and Palm Treo Pro

They're called Stereo to AV (aka Camcorder cable)

Ebay one here

Grand stuff thanks, its a strange cable alright, I think its more to do with the box being so small that the headphone socket six fitted best.

Can you get them with scart top or do I just buy two of em separate?

jeffk wrote: »
    Can you get them with scart top or do I just buy two of em separate?

Yes, but they are very very rare.

The best option is to do what your doing (Using a scart adapter) Unless something like this would suit you

bec127800367.jpg
    Ebay link

• Advertisement

Yes, but they are very very rare.

The best option is to do what your doing (Using a scart adapter) Unless something like this would suit you

bec127800367.jpg
    Ebay link

In that option would an headphone to headphone cable work?

Not a normal one, but a spin one (Like 3 lines on the connector Video, sound Left and asound right)

Ill go with the Stereo to AV and the scart adaptor so, thanks for the help!!

No probs

Cable and adaptors arrived today and they don’t work. Seems that wd have wired the cable different, even though it’s the same connectors/colours.

I was cheeky and emailed wd and they are sending me one, so @ least i have the scart adaptor already and can leave one cable in my tv and the other one between the other tvs.

• Advertisement

Try the different colours (I.E. red to yellow etc)

It's wirred the same, just coloured different

Try the different colours (I.E. red to yellow etc)

It's wirred the same, just coloured different

EXCELLENT!

That done the trick, prob look like a thick for not trying that but thanks a mil all the same!!

No no, it's one of those things that doesn't seem logical till you do it

No no, it's one of those things that doesn't seem logical till you do it

Yes VERY true, I took it as red to red etc and then read on wd forums its to do with the internal wiring. Sure @ least ill have a genuine one as back up.

Advertisement