Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ROI resident bought RTG phone up North.?

Options
  • 16-10-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Want to get an Android READY To Go model from Orange but don't know if I can just walk into an Orange/CPW shop in Belfast hand over the cash and get one. Anybody bought a phone up there? -- Not a SIM, but PHONE!

They have an online shop, but looking for UK utility bills and the like.

Thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

dohouch wrote: »
    Want to get an Android READY To Go model from Orange but don't know if I can just walk into an Orange/CPW shop in Belfast hand over the cash and get one. Anybody bought a phone up there? -- Not a SIM, but PHONE!

They have an online shop, but looking for UK utility bills and the like.

Thanks

I think you mean pay as you go type phone?
    If so, you need nothing except the cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I presume your on about getting the Orange San Francisco, if so, yes you can just walk in and buy it for £99 + a £10 top up which is required with Orange. I plan on getting one in manchester when im over there next month :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You usually have to call orange from within the UK and provide a valid UK post code before they will activate any phone on their network. They're by far one of the most bureaucratic networks I have ever dealt with.

There's a lot to be said for the simplicity and transparency of setting up and porting Irish mobiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Went up to Newry and got one yesterday. Didn't ask me for any ID. Had to agree with their terms that exchange or return of the handset was not possible. This however did not affect the warranty, which is replacement (first few weeks) or repair in case of faulty software/hardware. Can't say much more about it since this is my first android phone.

Followed all the instructions from blade.modaco.com to get the handset unlocked (five pounds or even cheaper), rooted and flashed. Was very straight forward.

Want to stick the sim card from my O2 modem into it and use it as a portable internet tablet + google voice + cabbage. Rang O2 about it, they were iffy about it, although polite enough. They were mostly saying that they do not support this and insisted that I should buy one of their data plans. Have not had luck with this yet.

Advertisement