Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a gift

Options
  • 16-10-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Last year I bought my old man a bottle of Middleton very rare, this year I'd like to get him something similar but not the same again (not that he didnt love it!), has anyone got any recommendations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Hi everyone,
    Last year I bought my old man a bottle of Middleton very rare, this year I'd like to get him something similar but not the same again (not that he didnt love it!), has anyone got any recommendations?
    Thanks

The Jameson 18 is a bit better than Midleton VR, in my opinion, although I have not tasted the most recent vintages of the VR.

Redbreast 15 would be a great gift, as would Jameson Gold, both a good bit cheaper than the Midleton VR.

The Celtic Whiskey Shop have a single cask Pure Pot Still from Midleton that's nice.

Or you could go for a Bushmills, like the 21-yr-old. You might also be able to pick up a Bushmills 1975, which can be fantastic.

From Cooley, there's a brilliant Connemara 17 and Tyrconnell 17. Both 100 euro or under.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LeifErikson

Thanks, Brockagh. Think I might go for the Redbreast 15, it seems to be very highly regarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Brockagh wrote: »
    The Jameson 18 is a bit better than Midleton VR, in my opinion, although I have not tasted the most recent vintages of the VR.

Redbreast 15 would be a great gift, as would Jameson Gold, both a good bit cheaper than the Midleton VR.

I'd second either those two ... the Redbreast being my favourite but the Jameson would be more subtle.

If he likes Jameson 12yo he should have no problems with the 2 above.

Advertisement