Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 120 Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can see Bisping getting caught and knocked the fcuk out here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

jayteecork wrote: »
    guys what's Joe Rogan and Goldie's Spanish like?

I really can't see them doing UFC 121 in 100% Spanish.

It's not them doing it in Spanish..

I think you may be being sarcasts, though.=P

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

scudzilla wrote: »
    Haha, Rogan/Goldie will still do there normal commentary, There will be separate Spanish commentators for the Spanish market
    baz2009 wrote: »

I think you may be being sarcasts, though.=P

really? lol!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So I take it everyone else's stream is okay? mine came back but just started skipping and is gone again. sickened

Feck Bisping is winning this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

really? lol!

Mwaha smarty pants, white text!:P
    baz2009 wrote: »

I think you may be being sarcastic, though.=P

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So I take it everyone else's stream is okay? mine came back but just started skipping and is gone again. sickened

this is ok
    http://www.liveskygames.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

really? lol!

Don't listen to them. Goldie and Rogan have their Spanish phrasebooks at the ready.

Feck wish there was another minute in that round.

I think Sexy has to stop him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

akiyama isn't a MW fighter, he is a WW fighter. too slow at MW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

God damn I want sexyama to win this so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Ouch!!

Time to say goodbye....to more kids

You just got KICKED IN THE NUTS!
    Better not end like this!

Sexy needs to use his Judo!!

Sexy is just eating punches!!!

Sexy has some chin on him in fairness.

Terrible game plan...

Balls. well at least Hardy got KTFO!!

HAHA Bisping is gonna be in hollyoaks

Good luck on your championship campaign Bisping :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

I have never seen a fighter so susceptible to a straight right, I never rated Akiyama very highly but he looked very very ordinary tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

This board has lost a bit of it's previous upholding imo due to the fact people just want them to lost because they are "Brits" Glad Bisping won, he looked very sharp.

The thing about Hollyoaks is the main audience is middle aged pervs.

Why the hell didn't sexy use his Judo to mix things up? Really one dimensional!
    Bisping is such a boring fighter imo. No area of his game is top class! He's just decent in all area's. Main event fighter my ass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

SDTimeout wrote: »
    This board has lost a bit of it's previous upholding imo due to the fact people just want them to lost because they are "Brits" Glad Bisping won, he looked very sharp.

i agree. i like bisping. he took some good punches tonight in the first and stayed up so far play to him. glad hardy got busted up, not because he's a brit, but because he's a dickhead

Welcome to Ireland.

Fair play to Bisping. Beating someone as Sexy as that takes balls. Judo needs to be in his gameplan again I think :(

Not true, i wanted Hathaway to win but not Hardy and Bisping cos they're dicks.

I met Bisping around 3/4 years ago and had a few beers with him, he was a real cool guy, i've run into him on a few occasions since and each time he's become more bigheaded and obnoxious.

STFU yacking Goldie and Rogan, surely they can fit another prelim in the broadcast when there's 16 minutes left to fill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Flat-footed and lethargic from sexy, Bisping looked lively and active throughout, didnt look like gassing, kept throwing strikes, unfortunately the only time he really looked like finishing sexy was just before the groin strike though, as soon as that happened I knew the clock would just run down with bisping getting the decision. Poor enough for a main card. . .Brock - Cain is not far away though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Of the fights with fighters I was familiar with, I predicted Browne, Hathaway, Hardy and Akiyama to win. I could not have been any more wrong

Impressive tonight from Pyle and Condit. Both executed good gameplans very well and dealt with the pressure of fighting the local guy seemingly with ease, as you'd expect from 2 veterns. Pyle did what he always does well but Condit looked really good on the feet. He did a great job of landing his kicks and dodging Hardys. The spinning elbow was sweet!

Bisping looked good but it was almost MMA fighter vs boxer in there the way Sexyama resorted to 1-2 punch combos.

Any links to the post fight press conference (that doesn't need latest version of silverlight) ?

Thanks

Fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses.
    • Fight of the Night: 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Michael Bisping vs. 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Yoshihiro Akiyama
    • Knockout of the Night: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Carlos Condit
    • Submission of the Night: 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Paul Sass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Enjoyed it tonite in particular Hardy getting Ko'd really hate him.Enjoy seeing English fighters getting Ko'd just for the fact all of them behave like their the Best Stand up fighters out there.What does Beating Akiyama do for Bisping like beating the likes of Kang & Leben that isn't impressing anyone.Beat Marquart or Wanderlei then talk about a "possible" title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That should shut the fcuker up for a few minutes :D:D:D

what age are you??just out of interest?

• Advertisement

DJKendo wrote: »
    what age are you??just out of interest?

Why? I thought that the KO was very funny, and that it may have shut him up for a few minutes as he's pretty mouthy.

Forgive me, there was me thinking this was a forum :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Why? I thought that the KO was very funny, and that it may have shut him up for a few minutes as he's pretty mouthy.

Forgive me, there was me thinking this was a forum :rolleyes::rolleyes:

isn't fighter bashing not allowed here though?

you called Dan Hardy a fúcker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

GTR63 wrote: »
    Enjoyed it tonite in particular Hardy getting Ko'd really hate him.Enjoy seeing English fighters getting Ko'd just for the fact all of them behave like their the Best Stand up fighters out there.What does Beating Akiyama do for Bisping like beating the likes of Kang & Leben that isn't impressing anyone.Beat Marquart or Wanderlei then talk about a "possible" title shot.

Marquart would literally tear Bisping a new arsehole, the guy is an absolute brute ,he'd demolish Bisping in less than 3 rounds imo

ill just say one thing about tonights card

im glad i dont have to pay for ESPN, because with the "quality" of the recent ufc cards, there's no way id pay for them

too many cards on nowadays, and in return we have too many crappy fighters there to just fill crappy cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Marquart would literally tear Bisping a new arsehole, the guy is an absolute brute ,he'd demolish Bisping in less than 3 rounds imo

ill just say one thing about tonights card

im glad i dont have to pay for ESPN, because with the "quality" of the recent ufc cards, there's no way id pay for them

too many cards on nowadays, and in return we have too many crappy fighters there to just fill crappy cards

I know he would all i'm saying is to get a Title Shot he should beat a Elite fighter not guys who are likely to get sacked. Agree about the cards looking forward to Shields vs Kampman & Lesnar vs Velasquez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sometimes you just can't put what you want to say into words.:D

seucn4.gif

Maybe he'll go from complaining about wrestling to complaining about striking.

• Advertisement

DJKendo wrote: »
    isn't fighter bashing not allowed here though?

you called Dan Hardy a fúcker.

Ah don't be so pedantic

Of course he's a fcuker, you seen his hot GF?

Here she is: http://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethholloway

Lots of videos of her on the web. Very pretty girl!

UFC have altered the American broadcast it seems to eliminate the shít fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

unknown13 wrote: »
    UFC have altered the American broadcast it seems to eliminate the shít fights.

so they get no fights then? :D

Here she is: http://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethholloway

Lots of videos of her on the web. Very pretty girl!

She's ok.
    Wanderlei+Silva+Birthday+Post+Fight+Celebration+YwVpwaAzJ6Nl.jpg

He's a fair fool though.

The circumstances, knockout, and follow up were very similar to Hendo knocking out Bisping.
    However I doubt Condit is going to make the mistake of saying something like "I wanted to shut him up a little" and get cut from the UFC.

so they get no fights then? :D

The 3 big fights weren't shít but the card as a whole wasn't great. Kongo and Wilks were poor.

is going to make the mistake of saying something like "I wanted to shut him up a little" and get cut from the UFC.

That had absolutely nothing to do with Dan Henderson being cut/leaving the organisation.

TheProdigy wrote: »
    That had absolutely nothing to do with Dan Henderson being cut/leaving the organisation.

Personally I don't believe that.

The circumstances, knockout, and follow up were very similar to Hendo knocking out Bisping.
    However I doubt Condit is going to make the mistake of saying something like "I wanted to shut him up a little" and get cut from the UFC.

Hendo was let go due to a contract dispute. He wanted more money than the UFC were willing to pay him. What he said after Bisping was absolutely irrelevant because he was due initially to fight Rich Franklin at 103 before the fans told Dana in their droves they didn't want to see that fight, so soon after the first one.

Personally I don't believe that.

Henderson was never cut from the UFC, his contract had expired and he himself chose not to renew it. Henderson didn't get the title shot he felt he deserved after beating Bisping and wanted an increase of money in his contract. Dana stated many times that they wanted to resign Dan but not for the wages which he was demanding. Henderson was offered a new contract but he didn't accept it as he felt he was worth more to the company.

EDIT: Forgot about the agreement to face Franklin at 103 as unknown 13 stated, which further validifies the fact his comments/actions during the Bisping fight were not relevant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement