Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 120 Discussion ***SPOILERS***

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Anybody watching Hathaway and Pyle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Anybody watching Hathaway and Pyle?

We had the live feed, with the fights being in London.

unknown13 wrote: »
    We had the live feed, with the fights being in London.

Watching it on http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c6ee5b1e3a0b myself.

Hardy and Condit up soon. Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Watching it on http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c6ee5b1e3a0b myself.

Hardy and Condit up soon. Should be good.

Well stay away from this thread then until you have watched it as it contains SPOILERS as said in the title

scudzilla wrote: »
    Well stay away from this thread then until you have watched it as it contains SPOILERS as said in the title

Ah so it's finished then? No worries, thanks for the heads up. Just started watching it about 20 mins ago and thought I was watching a live feed.

Ah so it's finished then? No worries, thanks for the heads up. Just started watching it about 20 mins ago and thought I was watching a live feed.

Not it is on tape delay for most of the markets. Canada and the UK are the only exceptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SDTimeout wrote: »
    This board has lost a bit of it's previous upholding imo due to the fact people just want them to lost because they are "Brits" Glad Bisping won, he looked very sharp.

I wanted Bisping and Hardy to lose because they are insufferable big mouths. Hathaway I actually wanted to win.

Bisping isn't that bad, Hardy is a complete ass so glad he lost. He took the loss well though. Bit of a glass jaw on him now.

Aikiyama was gassed again in the final round. Never seems to do well out of the first round. Great at Judo but never seems to use it. A few throws on Bisping would have softened him up after the solid connection he got in the first minute.

Roll on 121 - next week they were saying? Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

For the bisping fight there is no way in hell it shoulda been 30-27!! Akiyama did alright!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Ah don't be so pedantic

Of course he's a fcuker, you seen his hot GF?

He's a fecker but atleast he's a man of his word. He did fight Condit with his eyes closed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    He's a fecker but atleast he's a man of his word. He did fight Condit with his eyes closed. :D

I don't dislike Hardy myself. The stuff he says pre-fight is said purely to create hype.
    Bisping on the otherhand seems to genuinely believe he's one of the top fighters in the world. Hilarious really as no area of his MMA is top class. Can't wait for his ass to be knocked out yet again.
    Despite his loss last night, I still think Hathaway will go on to become a very good fighter who'll be around for a while. Still quite young & will continue to develop his game.

I don't dislike Hardy myself. The stuff he says pre-fight is said purely to create hype.
    Bisping on the otherhand seems to genuinely believe he's one of the top fighters in the world. Hilarious really as no area of his MMA is top class. Can't wait for his ass to be knocked out yet again.
    Despite his loss last night, I still think Hathaway will go on to become a very good fighter who'll be around for a while. Still quite young & will continue to develop his game.

I can understand and expect the "I'm going to knock him out" or "I'm going to make him tap" stuff but Hardy went way overboard saying Condit volunteered for a savage beating and he can beat Condit with his eyes closed. And ofcourse he still cries about wrestling and the GSP fight.

10_Hardy_v_Condit_01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I can understand and expect the "I'm going to knock him out" or "I'm going to make him tap" stuff but Hardy went way overboard saying Condit volunteered for a savage beating and he can beat Condit with his eyes closed. And ofcourse he still cries about wrestling and the GSP fight.

10_Hardy_v_Condit_01.jpg

It's the typical British "I'm the best, I'll Knock you out" ****e that all their "Top" Athletes go on with. Remember Ricky Hatton? "I'm going to knock out Pacquiao" same goes with Dan Hardy and Bisping they are truly the most up-their-own arse fighters I have ever seen. Remember when Hardy was fighting GSP and all he did was talk ****e only to be out wrestled by Georges...the man is a one trick pony...the Chuck Lidell of England.

That picture makes me so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Actually have a lot more time for Bisping these days than I used to , but agree he's far from top level. Was happy to see him win.

Hardy on the other hand is very easy to enjoy seeing get shut up :D

He was humble in defeat though.

Edit: Did anyone think Bisping looked at little like forest griffen with that haircut lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

• Fight of the Night: 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Michael Bisping vs. 22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Yoshihiro Akiyama

Doesn't say a whole lot for the event if that was given fight of the night. Pretty poor I have to say.

• Advertisement

shampon wrote: »
    the man is a one trick pony...the Chuck Lidell of England.

What? You can't be serious! How can you compare Chuck Liddell with Dan Hardy? Chuck Liddell is a division one wrestler and world class striker he is by no means a one trick pony and he's twice the fighter Dan Hardy will ever be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

poor card overall

when kongo beat crocop i thought he was a fighter going
    places and ive lost good money on him against herring.
    he'll never beat a top 5 fighter and i was hoping he got
    beat last nite so they might cut him.
    A bit of a clown if you ask me but maybe he didn't understand
    english/the referee.
    he threw the fight away.

the same applies to bisbing imo.
    what chance will he ever have against
    silva, marquart, belfort or even sonnen?
    i would say none myself.

condit surprised me, i had him backed to win the fight
    on points at 3/1 and had a large bet on both the main
    fights going the distance at 4/6+4/5...what a disaster.
    was sure hardy condit would go the distance.

thankfully hathaway was just to short to back (1/5)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

delighted hardy got what was coming to him :D

had condit doubled up with bisping, didn't fancy any of the other fights. poor card over all, roll on 121 :cool:

What? You can't be serious! How can you compare Chuck Liddell with Dan Hardy? Chuck Liddell is a division one wrestler and world class striker he is by no means a one trick pony and he's twice the fighter Dan Hardy will ever be.

Yeah if the guy wants an American fighter to compare Hardy to I would say Baroni is a better comparison. Another loud mouth one-dimensional fighter that never amounted to anything.

Btw. whatever happened to that "Secret Weapon" Hardy said he had for his training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I don't know, the way Bisping acts all humble after a fight and in interviews, I just don't believe him. It seems like an act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Not true, i wanted Hathaway to win but not Hardy and Bisping cos they're dicks.

I met Bisping around 3/4 years ago and had a few beers with him, he was a real cool guy, i've run into him on a few occasions since and each time he's become more bigheaded and obnoxious.

This says it all no doubt.
    just an act and still a dick.
    the same as hardy and daley.
    hathaway quite the opposite by the looks of it.

i'll be screaming for scott smith when he meets daley in strikeforce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

I'm deadly serious, Maybe I phrased the sentence wrong horse.

Liddell is a consummate pro and outside the ring, he gives the air of being an absolute gent, things that Dan Hardy will never, ever be. All this said, the type of moronic,idiotic,hipster jerks that call themselves Liddell fans, have his haircut and walk tall claiming to have the power the Iceman has, is something he has in common with Dan Hardy.

I jumped up screaming when that little c unt was knocked out. Words can not describe how I feel about that ****ing mouthpeice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Guys is there anywhere online that I could watch this?

Very impressed with Condit again last night. He's one tough mofo and has the skills to go with it.

I hate Hardys talk, but I was so underwhelmed by this event that the only thing I was excited for was seeing Hardy get KTFO by Condit. SO in fairness to him, he sold the event to me!!

The Kongo fight was tragic!

I don't know, the way Bisping acts all humble after a fight and in interviews, I just don't believe him. It seems like an act.

Bisping is a nice guy and is good to the fans. I like him as a person. But as a fighter I don't like him, he is very overrated. Anderson, Marquardt, Maia, Okami, Sonnen and Belfort would all give him a beating, all except Maia could stop him by KO.

Guys, I'm sure a large percentage of us were jumping for joy when Hardy got KTFO, but fighter bashing isn't allowed so keep the criticisms constructive. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Hi,

Was at the event myself and I really enjoyed myself. The card itself wasn't the best and the Wilks and Congo fight were atrocious however the atmosphere of the place was buzzing.

When Hardy fought it was great you could hear everyone chanting 'HARDY' and 'EN-GER-LAND' and when he got knocked out the place was just silent.

Main event was disappointing. I agree with people saying that Sexyama shouldn't used his Judo more. None the less I thoroughly enjoyed myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

like his comments about checking out de'internet and the photoshops @ 2:06

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6afA3A8uGVA& )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Guys is there anywhere online that I could watch this?

http://www.mma-core.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Post Fight press conference

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/UFC-120-Post-Fight-News-Conference-2682

Dana knows Ireland wants another UFC event! "The Irish are freaking out, "when are you coming back to Ireland"" when answering a question about putting on other shows in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

In case you're interested...

seucn4.gif

(I was there too and the silence following the KO was great).

Add to the comments about Bisping. His cockiness knows no bounds. I thought he'd had some humility beat into him by Hendo but not so. He knew that Akiyama was a good match for him and I always expected a points win. But the crap he talks is unreal... "Apart from 2 BS decisions I've only lost 1 fight". The Evans decision was close but the Silva one wasn't. And no mention of Hamill when talking of BS decisions?

Then he celebrates beating Akiyama by collapsing to the floor of the Octagon like he'd just won the title? Not crapping on Akiyama for the sake of it but he's 1-2 in the UFC and the 1 win was a judges gift. Were it not for "Sexy"s hype and fanbase he'd be 1 fight away from the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »

seucn4.gif

Add to the comments about Bisping. His cockiness knows no bounds. I thought he'd had some humility beat into him by Hendo but not so. He knew that Akiyama was a good match for him and I always expected a points win. But the crap he talks is unreal... "Apart from 2 BS decisions I've only lost 1 fight". The Evans decision was close but the Silva one wasn't. And no mention of Hamill when talking of BS decisions?

Then he celebrates beating Akiyama by collapsing to the floor of the Octagon like he'd just won the title? Not crapping on Akiyama for the sake of it but he's 1-2 in the UFC and the 1 win was a judges gift. Were it not for "Sexy"s hype and fanbase he'd be 1 fight away from the chop.

Kept the gif in the quote cos it's so fcukin cool

Don't be worrying about Bisping, he's won 2 fights against medi-ocre opponents, and yes, thats what Akiyama now is, he'll get his arse handed to him in his next fight and be back to square 1.

MMA, The Bisping Way

1. Fight 2 mediocre opponents (or cans) and beat them

2. Fight a top quality fighter and get beat bad

3. Return to step 1

That's gonna be Bisping's career from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Has anybody seen James McSweeney's fight yet?

Now that was what I call a beating. He hit the guy with everything he had in the first round and the Brazilian just laughed at him and then proceeded to give him a terrible hiding. I think McSweeney will be lucky not to be dropped from the promotion after that.

Loved that fight. McSweeney is such a knob too, couldn't happen to a better man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

seucn4.gif

I agree on a lot of what ya said there Phil but not the underlined bit, thought the silva fight was closer than ya think, and i reckon if they were to fight again bisping would win, prob never see it though.

Dan can really take a punch but that hook was a cracker, lifted him out of it, well done to Carlos in fairness and afterwards he was very humble, especially after the smack dan was talking before the fight most guys would have liked to say gave Dan the finger, well done to both, cant wait to see whats next for both of them! Reckon we could see Condit vs Fitch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Bisping isn't that bad, Hardy is a complete ass so glad he lost. He took the loss well though. Bit of a glass jaw on him now.

That's a bit harsh to say he has a glass jaw, if fairness that shot and the way it landed on the button would put down most people. Also Hardy kind of had his head straight up in the exchange where as Condit had his chin tucked throughout. It was the shots on the ground when he was dazed that put his lights out though. Also it could easily have been a knockout the other way if Hardys hook was a few inches to the right. It looked like a crazy double ko was on the cards for a second.
    The danger is though that now he has been knocked out, it could be easier for it to happen again. Look at Chuck he used to have a granite chin and it started to deteriorate severely after the ko to Rampage. Anyway regardless I was delighted to see it happen, it nearly brought as much enjoyment to me as when Hendo decapitated Bisping. I was sorry to see Hathaway lose but it might be the best thing ever for him in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Has anybody seen James McSweeney's fight yet?

Now that was what I call a beating. He hit the guy with everything he had in the first round and the Brazilian just laughed at him and then proceeded to give him a terrible hiding. I think McSweeney will be lucky not to be dropped from the promotion after that.

This would be relative to my interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Creampie

seucn4.gif

The mohawk kind of ripples when Condy lands that left hook. :D I don't like Hardy, too cocky and in your face. I don't care if some or all of it's for show, I just don't like it.

• Advertisement

Tones69 wrote: »
    I agree on a lot of what ya said there Phil but not the underlined bit, thought the silva fight was closer than ya think, and i reckon if they were to fight again bisping would win, prob never see it though.

Sorry, what I mean was it wasn't controversial. Close fight but I don't think there's much doubt about the win. In the Evans fight you could make a case that Bisping won.

Not sure he'd win if they fought again, I think Silva would be even more agressive and attack him from the start the way he did late in the third.

What bugs me about Bisping is that he claims the Evans and Silva results were "2 BS decisions"!

Loved that fight. McSweeney is such a knob too, couldn't happen to a better man!

:rolleyes::confused:

Lads, FFS can we keep the fighter bashing out of here please. The thread has gone well so far, let's keep it that way.

:rolleyes::confused:

Lads, FFS can we keep the fighter bashing out of here please. The thread has gone well so far, let's keep it that way.

Sorry bout that. Was going to change it this morning too but forgot!

However I do dislike Mr McSweeney's behaviour and general attitude. I was quite pleased to observe his crushing defeat.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

So where can I watch McSweeney's fight then?
    Wasn't aware it was shown on tv

Advertisement