Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

david75 wrote: »
    So I got Anduril in the post today. Serious customs charge. Worth it though. It's intimidatingly big. Beautiful though

That blade was broken!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Haha:)
    Good one

It has been remade!!!

I'm thinking of hanging it by the front door so when airticksy some around I can go 'a day may come, when you cut off me leccie! But it is not this day!!!'

Ye never know

Feck. I can't remember who it was said 'that blade was broken!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

The King of the Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

King of The Dead? he might say "that line was broken" though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Isn't the line actually "That line was broken"? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was the King of the Dead.

Jaysis youse are nerds.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It was "That line was broken" referring to their was no true King of middle earth or what ever.

It was "That line was broken" referring to their was no true King of middle earth or what ever.

It has been remade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jaysis youse are nerds.

Haha

Lol says the buyer of tat from film :-)

• Advertisement

That was implied in my post :)

That was implied in my post :)

Was it? Imply harder next time lol

I will:)
    Hung. Soon to be joined by Glamdring(Gandalfs sword) on the far side of that frames poster:)
    AD492437-2108-432F-A188-7A86887A90AD-376-00000001F0BA6871_zps9c8b38c6.jpg

Looks well hung up lad I must say :)

What ye call the dog?

What dog? My dog?

What dog? My dog?

Lol it is a picture of a dog to the right of the sword tip isn't it?

Eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The Desolation of Smaug trailer..

Was dupped ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug

WB have taken it down nearly everywhere, so I don't know how long this link will last...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvyo3i_the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-official-trailer_shortfilms?search_algo=2#.UU-07oaIzE1

Well that's fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Well that's fake.
    ok :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Just watching LOTR on Film 4 tonight and ad said The Hobbit is out on April 8th! Can't wait to get it and watch it again!

On another note watching the trilogy again is brilliant (have it all on dvd but love when it's on tv too:)) and the pace is perfect, never feels rushed but there's so much going on that you feel pulled along on an epic adventure straight away, love it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Just watching LOTR on Film 4 tonight and ad said The Hobbit is out on April 8th! Can't wait to get it and watch it again!

On another note watching the trilogy again is brilliant (have it all on dvd but love when it's on tv too:)) and the pace is perfect, never feels rushed but there's so much going on that you feel pulled along on an epic adventure straight away, love it!:D

Is it the extended version or the cinema release one on film4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Is it the extended version or the cinema release one on film4?

Cinema release, would love the extended one but that plus ads would probably give a running time of 5 hours!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I have gotten so used to watching the Extended Editions of LOTR that I dont think I would watch the theatrical versions anymore. I wonder will they have extended editions of the Hobbit films? anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBM wrote: »
    I have gotten so used to watching the Extended Editions of LOTR that I dont think I would watch the theatrical versions anymore. I wonder will they have extended editions of the Hobbit films? anyone know?

God I hope not, it was dragged out enough as is. The Hobbit is a very straightforward adventure tale, making three movies out of it is enough money grabbing without adding extended cuts into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

krudler wrote: »
    God I hope not, it was dragged out enough as is. The Hobbit is a very straightforward adventure tale, making three movies out of it is enough money grabbing without adding extended cuts into the mix.

ya I suppose your right :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

krudler wrote: »

i would disagree completely, the hobbit whilst was a short book, skimmed over so much that needed explanation, its great they decided to flesh out the more interesting side stories, really will close off the movies nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

SarahBM wrote: »

There's going to be an extended version of The Hobbit.
    Consumers will have a lot of choices when it comes to which version of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” they decide to have at home. There will definitely be an extended edition in time for the holidays confirmed by a press release from Warner Bros., but the choices are greater than just to get the theatrical version or the extended version.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/03/19/69620-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-home-theater-lowdown-dates-covers-exclusives/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I found the bloatedness of the Hobbit mostly tolerable. Having an extended version is a mistake.

It's not like there's loads of extra material they had to leave out like in the theatrical LotR. Presumably it'll be more pointless dialogue that doesn't go anywhere. Maybe some extra goblin killing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Gbear wrote: »
    It's not like there's loads of extra material they had to leave out like in the theatrical LotR. Presumably it'll be more pointless dialogue that doesn't go anywhere. Maybe some extra goblin killing.

there was huge amounts only skimmed over in the books that unless you read the other books by tolkin you wouldnt know whats going on, I'm very happy they went into detail into the side stories of gandalf and the witchking and the early issues with the dwarves and elves than the book barely skimmed over. I hope they milk the book for every last tale, its easily one of the best books ever written for me

Advertisement