Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superquinn kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

What ever you do, do not use stork as lube. Also WD40 is not a lubricant.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

hate to be pedantic, but wd40 should only be used for lubricating the likes of watch mechanisms and such. Nowhere on the can does it allude to being a lubricant. you could find yourself in a ball of trouble if you're expecting it to lubricate something heftier!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Yes it is.

It's a water displacer, there is a difference. Use it as a lubricant on your bicycle and see what happens.

I know that you see the world in terms of bikes but just because you can't use it on a bike doesn't mean it's not a lubricant. FFS water is used as a lubricant in some marine applications. Any substance which reduces friction can be thought of as a lubricant, strictly speaking.

Also,

The title of the homepage of their website says

WD-40 LUBRICATES, CLEANS, PROTECTS, PENETRATES AND DISPLACES MOISTURE.

Also, on the FAQ page it says that

WD-40 'is a light lubricant' and that "WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and tenaciously held to all moving parts".

I still wouldn't put it on my flute though. Or my bicycle chain.

• Advertisement

I hate being wrong :mad: It doesn't suit my supercilious personna.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I still wouldn't put it on my flute though. Or my bicycle chain.
    Putting a bicycle chain on your flute is pretty kinky, in fairness, with or without stork or wd40!

I think there's only one n in persona, but anyway yeah, I hear ya buddy. I have that exact problem too.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

The verisimilitude of your argument was impressive all the same, even though it turned out to be a pile of ****e

I was arguining it was and some mechanic said it wasn't, I thought he'd know best, which is how I came to believe it wasn't. How much is it in Superquinn?

• Advertisement

I love wd40. its got me out of more jams than I can count but as a lube its pretty useless save for the lightest of applications. I'm an aircraft engineer and believe me relying on de auwl wd40 as a lubricant (regardless of the blurb on their website) is not a good idea, it simply doesn't have the correct viscosity. people will read this thread and think its ok to use it in all sorts of situations where it simply isn't suited. Always use a lubricant that's fit for purpose.
    Like KY jelly for example!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

And if there's any left over you can do a bit of cooking. But why would you use tissues when the Kilkenny Advertiser is free anyway?

Everyone uses the reporter these days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I never realised how many Pedantic Pats lived in Kilkenny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

WD40 is magic stuff. What else would get an economy sized tub of Sudocrem that has been spread over a brand new carpet out! It saved my life. :D

Jinxi wrote: »
    I never realised how many Pedantic Pats lived in Kilkenny:D

I heard this on the radio the other morning:

Pedantic Pat was sat down by his wife and she said "Pat our marriage is at a crossroads, we can turn one way and continue our marriage but you have to stop being pedantic or we can turn the other way towards a divorce". Pedantic Pat replied
    "I think you'll find that's a T-junction"

I'll grab my coat

How exactly did this thread go from discussing the price of margarine to whether or not wd 40 can be used as lube???

How exactly did this thread go from discussing the price of margarine to whether or not wd 40 can be used as lube???

Do you think it's possible to get four pages on the price of Stork margarine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Okay cooks, run along to Tesco two bars for 1Euro TenCent. And whilst you are in Clonmel Tesco finest sausages are brilliant or you could always pop into Marks and spencer won't find better, pity we have neither in Kilkenny. Good old Malcolm

Do you think it's possible to get four pages on the price of Stork margarine?

I think the thread ran it's course after about 1.5 pages . . .:P

Tesco finest sausages are brilliant or you could always pop into Marks and spencer won't find better, pity we have neither in Kilkenny.
    I am told that the Tesco sausages, while delicious, have a skin that cooks to the consistency of cured leather and eating them is akin to chowing down on a hot spicy foreskin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Okay cooks, run along to Tesco two bars for 1Euro TenCent. And whilst you are in Clonmel Tesco finest sausages are brilliant or you could always pop into Marks and spencer won't find better, pity we have neither in Kilkenny. Good old Malcolm

Blaming Malcolm Noonan for your lack of sausage options is probably taking the ridiculousness of this thread a bit far.

Anyway, Superquinn sausages are top drawer. Or go one better and hit John Joe Cullen's at the top of John Street.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Blaming Malcolm Noonan for your lack of sausage options is probably taking the ridiculousness of this thread a bit far.

Anyway, Superquinn sausages are top drawer. Or go one better and hit John Joe Cullen's at the top of John Street.

Superquinn sausages are the best you'll get outside of a butchers . . .

I concur. Superquinn sausages are fab, and with a bit of commitment from everyone we can drag this meandering thread out to at least 7 pages!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I concur. Superquinn sausages are fab, and with a bit of commitment from everyone we can drag this meandering thread out to at least 7 pages!!!!:D
    7 pages....ok

Once I had some dunnes finest sausages

they looked like superquinn sausages

But they had loads of fatty bits..... Yech

Then I had a superquinn sausage,

then another,

and another,

I'll never look back!

apparently it is something to do with the pressure they are pumped into the skin, be careful many butchers sell Hodgkins sausages loose as homemade, there seems to be lots of regulations regarding making the bangers.
    Now the high st has gone back to two way I will probably go to superquinn in clonmel or Waterford, really enjoy a good banger with onions and mash happy eating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Seen in one of the papers today that Kerrygold butter can be bought in London, cheaper than it can be bought in Kerry!!

Ha only in Ireland......(or england???):confused:

no doubt, if my memory serves me right isn't Kerrygold Adams Butter of Leek in Staffordshire. The whole of the food retailing industry is extremely complex, they have just discovered they can't sell yoghurts claiming it is good for your gut, they don't actually know. Same as the Stork margarine owned by Unilever,manufactured?. Jacobs where do they come from now, Cadbury's some appears Premier foods another giant. Heinz Netherlands, you have to remember it is a global market, remember the chickens from Brazil, where do our chickens come from? Are there any flocks big enough to support what we consume, dream on with the genuine Irish product, one last one Bacon, watch the foreign trucks being unloaded, Irishhmmm.

Remember during the swine flu, I can't remember if it was Denny or Galtee that was safe because it came from Denmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Foxy, please reread this quote from your last post and tell me why it's illogical;
    Are there any flocks big enough to support what we consume

I'm on for dragging this thread to 7 pages. Must try these Superquinn sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Superquinn sausages are the best kind.

Buy Irish.

Advertisement