Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superquinn kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Remember during the swine flu, I can't remember if it was Denny or Galtee that was safe because it came from Denmark.

That wasn't swine flu that was when the feed was contaminated . . .

Threadhead wrote: »
    Superquinn sausages are the best kind.

Buy Irish.

Definately. Fúck tesco!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Remember during the swine flu, I can't remember if it was Denny or Galtee that was safe because it came from Denmark.
    That wasn't swine flu that was when the feed was contaminated . . .

Egads, Havoc! Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

i heart you guys...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Egads, Havoc! Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Not really, it all helps keep this thread alive.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

So where does everyone here shop?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ft9 wrote: »
    So where does everyone here shop?

MacDonagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I mostly shop in Lidl, anything I can't there I try rest of them. Rarely Superquinn though, they were just too damn expensive for too long. Selling a bottle of water for €44 was madness.

Supervalu and lidl, but that question is too on topic for my liking.

Who likes cake? whats your favourite type of cake? I like cake and cake is completely off topic and should stretch this out for another two pages . . .

No dicussion of where you buy you cake that would bring it back on topic . . .:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Good tangent for thread extension Tony. I'll oblige by asking where is the best place to buy ingredients for baking cakes?

• Advertisement

catbear wrote: »
    Good tangent for thread extension Tony. I'll oblige by asking where is the best place to buy ingredients for baking cakes?

maybe a supermarket??

i liek to use margarine in my cakes . . .and we're back!!!

Biscuit cake! No cake like it...

This house believes that so-called biscuit 'cake' is not cake. It fulfills none of the basic requirements of cake and furthermore, it is the contention of the house that such reckless nomenclature is peddled primarily by culinary dilettantes and arrivistes as they grapple toward their ever elusive approximation of bourgeois gentility.

Discuss, with references to WD-40, solid-state lubrication and the seemingly unending innaccuracy of Captain Havoc's statements (where appropriate).

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

I'm forced to agree with fabbydaddy on this one with one caveat:
    yes chocolate biscuit cake is NOT a cake.
    however:
    cake tastes good
    chocolate biscuit "cake" tastes good
    so maybe it is a cake.
    any other suggestions on what it should be called?
    has anybody recently had some in a cafe here in the marble city that they can recommmend?
    Am pretty partial to a bit of the auwl CBC, drizzled in lashings of WD.......

I would imagine that the Gourmet Store on High St would be the spot, although Im not sure if they would have it but they seem to have everything else. Caramel slices in there are feckin serious yokes!

That is of course if the one way system does not interfere with your ability to access the Gourmet Store. If you do manage you could pop up to Superquinn and purchase the ingredients to try make one yourself. I hear theres great deals up there on margarine at the minute.

Be warned though, you may well bump into some crazed lunatic cycling around that area proclaiming false information, about lubricants and swine flu. You have been warned and I wish you every success in your quest for biscuit cake!

cake tastes good
    chocolate biscuit "cake" tastes good
    so maybe it is a cake.
    any other suggestions on what it should be called?

Roast beef tastes good, yet I do not see people tripping over themselves to shoehorn it into a cake-related naming convention.

Your deductive reasoning is as flawed as Captain Havoc's understanding of light lubricants and indigenous pork production.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I did a compare and contrast in terms of buying the exact same shopping one week in Dunnes and the next week in Superquinn, as I was concerned about price differences.

Turned out to be about 2 euro cheaper in Dunnes but I felt that I'd rather spend that 2 euro on not being in Dunnes so now I mostly shop in Superquinn when I'm in town.

Of course, Lidl blows them both out the water pricewise and there's a lot of quality foods there to so when I can, I'll head out there.

Also, Biscuit cake is a cake made of biscuits, yeah? Like carrot cake is a cake made from carrots and jaffa cakes are cakes made from jaffa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The real crime here is that the OP wants to use that ****e!
    The '80's are over man.
    LET IT GO!

Be warned though, you may well bump into some crazed lunatic cycling around that area proclaiming false information, about lubricants and swine flu. You have been warned and I wish you every success in your quest for biscuit cake!

:mad:

Roast beef cake!
    hmmm
    why have two courses when you can combine them into one
    its dinner
    its a desert
    its dinner
    its a desert
    readily available in the big tesco in kilkenny
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

well what about shopping on line with tesco, okay there is a delivery charge, but no car parking charges no waste of fuel in the bunged up High St and if you are not happy one can always pop out to your other favourite store, living near 9 milehouse we are somewhat limited one reason we go Clonmel rather than Kilkenny, as an aside anyone know where and when the swo called Kilkenny Town Bus runs

WEll my super efficient wife makes Biscuit cake with Lidl's Chocolate and Lidl's butter and Lidl's digestive biscuits, super quality and at a reasonable price, if you are an adventurer buy Lidl's marshmallow and turn the whole lot into a rocky road, no charge for our recipe just happy to make your day
    I would imagine that the Gourmet Store on High St would be the spot, although Im not sure if they would have it but they seem to have everything else. Caramel slices in there are feckin serious yokes!

That is of course if the one way system does not interfere with your ability to access the Gourmet Store. If you do manage you could pop up to Superquinn and purchase the ingredients to try make one yourself. I hear theres great deals up there on margarine at the minute.

well what about shopping on line with tesco, okay there is a delivery charge, but no car parking charges no waste of fuel in the bunged up High St and if you are not happy one can always pop out to your other favourite store, living near 9 milehouse we are somewhat limited one reason we go Clonmel rather than Kilkenny, as an aside anyone know where and when the swo called Kilkenny Town Bus runs

I LOVE shopping online with Tesco! People think online shopping is for invalids and people with avoidant personality disorder but I totally disagree. Here's why shopping online is great:

-You can do a weekly shop in ten minutes without even leaving the house - great for that busy working professional
    - It gets delivered to your door for €4
    - If you think of something you need during the day, you can just log in add it to your basket, meaning that you wont forget to get it next time you shop
    -It remembers what you bought the last time, so shopping is just a simple matter of ticking a few boxes
    - It automatically displays the special offers and the most optimum quantities in which to order something
    -Comparing the price of 10 similar items is a piece of cake, it's all on the screen in front of you, including the specific price of items (price per unit, price per kilo) so you really can get the best value
    -You can keep track of how much you are spending on your shopping BEFORE you have to pay for it... online shopping makes it easier to stick to budgets and easier to exchange items for similar items of lower value or change your mind at the last minute before you pay
    - You don't have to queue like a plebian and endure screaming kids and peons
    - You don't have to pay for parking or sit in traffic, push trolleys around, lug shopping in and out of car boots and unpack everything again at home

The only disadvantage is not being able to pick up bread, fruit and veg and examine it prior to purchase, which is why you get those bits and pieces in Eurospar or somewhere on your way home and buy your weetabix (or generic own-brand alternative), domestos and tins of peas online.

3 questions:
    what is the range of deliveries for tesco and are there different prices for delivery to different areas?

and if chocolate biscuit cake IS a cake how come throwing a few marshmallows into the mix force it to lose its coveted cake moniker and turn it into rocky road which is clearly not cake?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

rocky road is most delicious ice cream. FACT!
    450obitrobbins.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

fabbydabby wrote: »
    great for that busy working professional

Not many of them to the Euro these days. :(

Supermarket shopping is my social life and my therapy. I had visitors the weekend before last and since then I have been asked by at least five checkout ladies how did it go with the visitors. I talk too much. :D

Apparently the charge varies on which day you choose to have shopping delivered, monday is the cheapest "4euro", where you live only defines from which Tesco the shopping comes, in the city we presume Carlow, for us nr 9milehouse Clonmel. As for the rocky road it is still a cake as such.
    Carrot cakes only have a minute amount of vegetable
    What about the town bus, where does it start and where does it end and where does it go in between, why can I not leave the car and have a jump on and jump off ticket one presumes it goes to St Lukes, McDonagh Stn, Langton's, Woodies Cillinhill and High St, though on reflection Kilkenny is rather like Bruge in Belgium, horse drawn conveyances would solve the one way system problem and if we actually dug up John St you could floaT DOWN TO lANGTON and might just as well do Maudlin St and back round the council offices to Jon St, One other benefit would be the copious quantities of manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Couple of questions regarding Tescos delivery service

1- How accurate are their deliveries as to what was ordered? Are they always spot on or would this have to be checked every delivery?

2- Delivery day and time. Do they give a particular time for delivery or would one have to wait at home all day for them to arrive?

• Advertisement

1 - I can't give you an exact figure for this as I have never analysed it but anecdotally I would say 'very'. If your item is not available for whatever reason you have two options on your order. You can instruct them to select a similar item of their choosing (maybe Daz instead of Ariel or whatever) or you can instruct them to omit it altogether and credit your account to the value of the item.

2- You pick a two hour delivery window from the matrix on their site.

Advertisement