Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare on N25

• 16-10-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear bout the bomb scare out on old main N25 road to Kilmeaden? a device was found in a vehicle, The Defence Forces were called in, the area was made safe at 3.50am

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was wondering why the road was closed! Just heard about it on radio this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wonder how this device was discovered? Did the Gardai spot a dubiously parked/abandoned vehicle and take a look or was it phoned in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

No idea how they found it, i was coming off the outer ring road onto the butlerstown roundabout, i saw a garda car drivind fast out onto the Whitfield road, this was bout half 8ish
    Jus heard it was a pipe bomb and two men were arrested aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

STIG83 wrote: »
    No idea how they found it, i was coming off the outer ring road onto the butlerstown roundabout, i saw a garda car drivind fast out onto the Whitfield road, this was bout half 8ish
    Jus heard it was a pipe bomb and two men were arrested aswell

I got passed by a garda car on the cork road near the old waterford crystal around that time, wonder if that's where he was going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody know who these half brain fools are ? Eh hello the war ( if there ever was one ) is over !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

decies wrote: »
    Anybody know who these half brain fools are ? Eh hello the war ( if there ever was one ) is over !!

Nothing to do with that,something to do with the two arrests made last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I heard the tinker feud is related to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Crazy,

One of the things I never thought I'd see around town is a bomb disposal team.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I heard the tinker feud is related to it.

Its nothing to do with that feud, The Star's crime correspondent tweeted this last night,
    Another significant seizure of an apparent explosive device by gardai probing RIRA. This time in Waterford. Busy week for SDU. #gardai

^ As i said it had to do with the two arrests last week in Waterford,and a few more around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

The sinn fein/IRA thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I always wondered if there was much of a following of CIRA or RIRA in Waterford. Ignorant fools!

The sinn fein/IRA thing?

Yeah from what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

the car was stopped and searched thats how they found it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The sinn fein/IRA thing?

What Sinn Féin / IRA thing?

Sinn Féin has nothing to do with this. Get your political parties right. :rolleyes:

Yeah from what I heard.

You heard wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

decies wrote: »
    Nothing to do with that,something to do with the two arrests made last week.
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Its nothing to do with that feud, The Star's crime correspondent tweeted this last night,
    Another significant seizure of an apparent explosive device by gardai probing RIRA. This time in Waterford. Busy week for SDU. #gardai
    ^ As i said it had to do with the two arrests last week in Waterford,and a few more around the country.

So it is something to do with the first quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

intelligence led operation , and to do with the Barntown discovery is what we heard .

The device was apparently ready to go ( where to we don't know )

dlofnep wrote: »
    You heard wrong.

No bother boy.

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    So it is something to do with the first quote?

Has nothing to do with the feud currently going on in Waterford City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Has nothing to do with the feud currently going on in Waterford City.

I'd understand "hello the war ( if there ever was one ) is over" to be referring to the IRA and Northern Ireland.

Well seen as this is Waterford,i was referring to the feud that's going on here,to some it could be construed as a "war".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The sinn fein/IRA thing?

What have Sinn Féin got to do with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Sinn Fein Waterford have suspened two members this week,one was arrested in connection with RIRA and both are under investagation by SF for unacceptable behaviour,hence the connection.

Sinn Fein Waterford have suspened two members this week,one was arrested in connection with RIRA and both are under investagation by SF for unacceptable behaviour,hence the connection.

That is incorrect.

dlofnep wrote: »
    That is incorrect.
    WLRFM.news,10/10/2010

WLRFM.news,10/10/2010

It was reported erroneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

WLRFM.news,10/10/2010

http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/5470/Sinn-Fein-suspends-two-Waterford-members.aspx

That does not say anything about Real IRA and that's probably why you didn't post the link too.

For shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

deisedevil wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/5470/Sinn-Fein-suspends-two-Waterford-members.aspx

That does not say anything about Real IRA and that's probably why you didn't post the link too.

For shame!

Perhaps he is talking about the news on the radio, not the terrible excuse for a website news section.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »

For shame!
    I have not mastered the art of posting link's yet.
    Shame is for Catholic's only.

Advertisement