Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare on N25

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Kahless wrote: »
    Perhaps he is talking about the news on the radio, not the terrible excuse for a website news section.

In either case - he is incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

^ Yes we know you are after saying it about 10 times already,we all know we are incorrect,and you are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I have not mastered the art of posting link's yet.
    Shame is for Catholic's only.

Fair enough, it's pretty tricky posting links alright. Copy and paste can be a right bugger.

Did anyone on WlrFM mention Real IRA in relation to the arrests?

What's with the little silly remark at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

^.Anything is easy if you know how.
    With the recent activity concerning SDU and RIRA,then SF suspend two members,one of whom was arrested,a person may well be forgiven for assuming the two incident's are connected.
    Not a remark but a opinion.

^.Anything is easy if you know how.
    With the recent activity concerning SDU and RIRA,then SF suspend two members,one of whom was arrested,a person may well be forgiven for assuming the two incident's are connected.
    Not a remark but a opinion.

True, it's easy when you take the time to find out how.

So you assumed Sinn Fein members were arrested on suspicion of being Real IRA but you never actually heard it from WLR FM, why did you say you did then. Looks fairly likely your assumptions are correct but innocent till proven guilty and all that and no point backing up an assumption with a lie.

Your remark about "Shame is for Catholics only" was very unnessecary.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    True, it's easy when you take the time to find out how.

So you assumed Sinn Fein members were arrested on suspicion of being Real IRA but you never actually heard it from WLR FM, why did you say you did then. Looks fairly likely your assumptions are correct but innocent till proven guilty and all that and no point backing up an assumption with a lie.

Your remark about "Shame is for Catholics only" was very unnessecary.
    So the two are connected.
    If a person sin's they may feel shame,are catholic's not born with original sin until they are baptised.

So the two are connected.

No, they are not connected and you've already been corrected on this. 2 members were suspended - 1 of which was for allegations against them, of which were not related to the recent RIRA/Bombing stuff. The other - I'm not sure what for - but it also wasn't related to the RIRA stuff.

I don't know anymore than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We're in danger of veering totally off topic lads try and reel it in please. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It'll be interesting to see if an more details come out about the explosive device. If it is related to the Barntown incident and was ready to go, as someone has said, then it's a major development and confirmation that things could be about to turn very ugly again very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

lets face it lads, that bomb could be connected to
    - traveller feud
    - drugs
    - dissident republican
    - mightnt have anything to do with Waterford people at all

so its more than likely a blend of 2 of the above 3. eg travellers and drugs or dissidents and drugs.

• Advertisement

So it was to do with the IRA
    Two men arrested during Garda investigations into dissident republican activity were brought before a special sitting of the Special Criminal Court in Dublin today.

Sean Ryan (aged 28), of Mandeville Lane, Waterford and Samuel Devlin (aged 51), of Mountjoy Square, Dublin were each charged with membership of an unlawful organisation styling itself the Irish Republican Army, otherwise Oglaigh na hEireann, otherwise the IRA on October 15.

They were each also charged with the unlawful possession of an improvised explosive device at the TOP garage, Butler's Town Roundabout, Cork Road, Waterford on the same date.

Detective Garda David Gantley, Special Detective Unit, gave evidence of arresting Devlin in Waterford yesterday for the purpose of bringing him for charging at the Special Criminal Court.

He said that after he was given the legal caution, Devlin replied: "Definitely not guilty on both charges."

Detective Garda Frank Crowley, SDU, gave evidence of arresting Ryan in Waterford yesterday for the purpose of being charged.

He said that Ryan replied: "No comment", when he was cautioned.

The court remanded both men in custody until Wednesday when bail applications are expected to be made.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/pair-charged-with-dissident-activity-appear-in-court-478143.html#ixzz12hvtYlfE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So it was to do with the IRA

If im right alot of people will know this lad to see around , i done quick facebook search :) and a mr ryan popped up dob 1982 makes him 28 , if is him its last person i would of taught of bein involved in this kind of activity.......:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

According to last weeks News & Star...

There were two Sinn Fein members arrested over serious allegations in relation to dissident activity in Waterford. There were also two members, according to David Cullinane, suspended over serious allegations against them as per party policy.

Article not online yet, but thats what I understood to be the article in the paper. I don't think it was in relation to this topic at hand which has happened after that report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »

There were two Sinn Fein members arrested over serious allegations in relation to dissident activity in Waterford. There were also two members, according to David Cullinane, suspended over serious allegations against them as per party policy.

Article not online yet, but thats what I understood to be the article in the paper. I don't think it was in relation to this topic at hand which has happened after that report.

So are you saying there were four Sinn Féin members suspended in total?

They reported incorrectly. 2 members were suspended, but it wasn't for allegations in relation to dissident activity. I don't know exactly what it was for - But I do know it wasn't over dissident activity.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So are you saying there were four Sinn Féin members suspended in total?

2 members were suspended. It wasn't however for dissident activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

How can you say with such certainty that it wasn't when you also say you don't know what it was for?

Kahless wrote: »
    How can you say with such certainty that it wasn't when you also say you don't know what it was for?

I've been told for certain that has nothing to do with the recent dissident activity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If the press are wrong, and they quoted David Cullinane I do believe as saying two members were suspended for serious allegations, then why have they not issued an apology?

If the press are wrong, and they quoted David Cullinane I do believe as saying two members were suspended for serious allegations, then why have they not issued an apology?

I'm a bit confused. They were suspended because of serious allegations weren't they? So why would the press apologise when thatls the truth?

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused. They were suspended because of serious allegations weren't they? So why would the press apologise when thatls the truth?

It was my understanding they were suspended because of dissident activity, from that article, which apparently isn't the case. Plus, WLR reportedly said the same. So if they were wrong, they generally retract or apologise?

It was my understanding they were suspended because of dissident activity, from that article, which apparently isn't the case. Plus, WLR reportedly said the same. So if they were wrong, they generally retract or apologise?

I know but look at what you wrote: "and they quoted David Cullinane I do believe as saying two members were suspended for serious allegations" Why would they have to retract that or apologise for it, you didn't say dissident activity, that;s why I was confused. :)

2 members were suspended, but it wasn't for dissident activity. It was a coincidence that it happened around the same time as this ongoing dissident issue. The papers assumed it was linked and printed it that it was for dissident activity.

As David said on the paper - One was suspended for 'serious allegations'. It is my understanding that they are not of a political nature and has nothing to do with the party itself.

I would certainly expect an apology to be printed in the News & Star.

^ One hell of a coincidence.How unlucky for Sinn Fein

^ One hell of a coincidence.How unlucky for Sinn Fein

It's not unlucky. It's poor journalism. Next time, they should clarify their facts before printing erroneous articles.

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's not unlucky. It's poor journalism. Next time, they should clarify their facts before printing erroneous articles.

Maybe someone should say what the facts are,so us,and as you say the local media,wont be speculating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

in fairness theres bigger issues needing our attention in this town rather than cowboys been ra men or ra men been cowboys ,4 feilds mising up in gort ta locka nows dat a story haha :)

in fairness theres bigger issues needing our attention in this town rather than cowboys been ra men or ra men been cowboys ,4 feilds mising up in gort ta locka nows dat a story haha :)

Haven't a clue what this means. Not in any way trying to slag you off but what do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i blame the booze:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement