Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong price quoted

Options
  • 16-10-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I got a written quotation for slate for my new build but when i added it up it didn't.

I was quoted for 5,500 slates @ € 1.26 each the total i was given was € 6,390 however when i do the maths i get a total € 6,930. Can i hold him to the first total or what do i do.:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No - it's clearly a mistake. And right now, no money has changed hands so there is no binding action.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

i'll do it for €5500 :D

nah only messing

i'd say it'd be €1.26 per slate as that is what you were quoted
    most roofers would charge per slate

and 5500 x 1.26 is indeed 6930

but 5000 x 1.26 is 6390

he probably just put 5000 instead if 5500 into his calculator

or maybe he'd dyslexic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you had already handed over 5,500 and the contract was formed and completed then you'd have a leg to stand on, however as they've corrected the error before hand you will either have to pay the price or look at another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

OK, as i understand it, the quote i got had either wrong total price or the wrong price per slate, if i order the slates from the quote received and play dumb when or if he comes back looking for more money, but who's job is it to make sure the quote is correct mine or his.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

moan 77 wrote: »
    OK, as i understand it, the quote i got had either wrong total price or the wrong price per slate, if i order the slates from the quote received and play dumb when or if he comes back looking for more money, but who's job is it to make sure the quote is correct mine or his.

it was a calculatoral error

5500 x €1.26 per slate = €6930

if you only get 5000 slate you'll still have to get 500 more slates
    as any price i have ever given was per slate or per Msq

and it's both parties job to make sure the quote is correct

as if he lays 5500 slates and you only pay him for 5000 @ €1.26 per slate
    you'll have a few holes in your roof

your best bet is to contact him again and double check his prices

• Advertisement
Advertisement