Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Irish breakfast in the city

Options
  • 16-10-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm looking for a list of places & prices(approx.) serving a full irish breakfast in cork city on weekday mornings.
    I know Newport does a mini for €4.90 and large is €7.20 i think. Also whether it was good or not.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Tony's Bistro - North Main Street.. oh the memories! Haven't been in ages but it used to fix me after a night on the tiles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Tony's is your best bet for a HUGE breakfast.

Mikes Diner on MacCurtain street does a good one too, my buddy works there, best in the morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Gotta second Tony's. Savage breakfast

Not sure if it's Mike's Diner but there is one on the same side of the street as Bru Hostel but before it.. which did a pretty good breakfast too. Crazy menu - even has bovril and soda bread on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Nash 19 does breakfast:

19 Princes St
    Cork, Co. Cork
    021 4270880
    www.nash19.com/
    I think is quite nice although I have not been there is a while.

The River Lee Hotel on the Western Road also does a good (if pricey breakfast)
    http://www.doylecollection.com/locations/cork_hotels/the_river_lee_hotel.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tinnuvial

Idaho Cafe for a breakfast bap. They only open at 8.30am though. Also Puccino's in Paul St.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

If you're willing to make the trek upto UCC, the New Bar there does a decent fry. You get LOADS for 5.50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Amicus is about €8.
    Fenn's Quay and Liverty Grill both do breakfasts, not sure of the prices though.
    All top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Larry Tompkins bar does a great breakfast. I think it's €8, haven't been there for a number of weeks, have to go back again.

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Tony's Bistro - North Main Street.. oh the memories! Haven't been in ages but it used to fix me after a night on the tiles :D
    Tony's is your best bet for a HUGE breakfast.

Mikes Diner on MacCurtain street does a good one too, my buddy works there, best in the morning though.

I find Tony's good for food but their breakfasts are awful I think, rashers seem like they were boiled, sausages are awful too, bland bland bland, lots of it though in fairness. The canteen at work has me spoiled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    If you're willing to make the trek upto UCC, the New Bar there does a decent fry. You get LOADS for 5.50 :D

If you're willing to trek all the ways to UCC then skip the new bar breakfast altogether (unless it's improved since 2008) and go straight to the Green Kiwi on college road besides AIB, proper sized full irish for around 6.50 I think, again unless it's changed since '08.

I like Tonys, but think it's overrated tbh, it's the just the place everyone points out when considering breakfast in the city, not saying it's bad but a "huge" full Irish costs you upward of 10-11 euro. I agree to an extent with Rover, sausages and rashers not great!
    Same size in the Kiwi, nicer and half the price!

babo9 wrote: »
    Same size in the Kiwi, nicer and half the price!

Also savage talent in Kiwi, I doubt hot ladies go to Tonys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

babo9 wrote: »
    , again unless it's changed since '08.

Catering company changed in '09. Kiwi is grand for a fry up alright... For comfort, the new bar wins though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I think Tony's is totally overrated and not even that tasty. I got to Kafa's in Blackpool shopping centre, massive fry for 10 euro, tasty coffee and big chunky toast. I also go to Brambles by Foto Golf Course, you don't get a massive amount of food but the pork is all local stuff and very tasty.

themonboys wrote: »
    I got to Kafa's in Blackpool shopping centre, massive fry for 10 euro, tasty coffee and big chunky toast.
    The only thing is itis not really in the city centre, also you will smell like a fry for the day afterwards. They really need to sort out the extraction system in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

The only thing is itis not really in the city centre, also you will smell like a fry for the day afterwards. They really need to sort out the extraction system in there.

True it's not in the city centre. As for the extraction system, I never noticed it before but will in future. ( dam you if you've wrecked my breckie spot!!!!!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

The only thing is itis not really in the city centre

Used to be :( why the hell did they move it to Blackpool, I know it was in an awkward place in town, but blackpool!

Steak rolls were savage for a hangover :D

themonboys wrote: »
    True it's not in the city centre. As for the extraction system, I never noticed it before but will in future. ( dam you if you've wrecked my breckie spot!!!!!:))

Sorry about that! :o You should check out the Olive Pot just under the over pass on Thomas Davis Street (out the back door of Dunnes Blackpool), here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Blackpool,+Cork,+Ireland&sll=52.375344,-8.5349&sspn=0.023998,0.055189&g=Blackpool,+Ireland&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Blackpool,+County+Cork,+Ireland&ll=51.912618,-8.472567&spn=0.001529,0.003449&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.912698,-8.472498&panoid=41dfMM6fzH3U2KKYRbxcbQ&cbp=12,290.92,,0,5
    The building was to let when the Google car passed but it is open for business. It's much nicer than Kafkas Blackpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

O' Flynns Gourmet Sausage Grill in Winthrop Street is savage. Got a breakfast there Saturday morning some weeks ago. Can't remember the price but it was reasonable. If its quality you want then I'd recommend you give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I always enjoy Bullys on Paul Street for a fry. They have a 'mini' option too for about a fiver. The important thing is they get the toast right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tinnuvial

kcb wrote: »
    I always enjoy Bullys on Paul Street for a fry. They have a 'mini' option too for about a fiver. The important thing is they get the toast right.

They are gone, I passed by last week and there's a new restaurant there.

tinnuvial wrote: »
    They are gone, I passed by last week and there's a new restaurant there.

Bully's is gone!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Bully's is gone!! :eek:

yeah, it's gone.
    upstairs :)

there's a gourmet burger place where it used to be, but Bully's is up the stairs to the right of the burger place.

deRanged wrote: »
    yeah, it's gone.
    upstairs :)

there's a gourmet burger place where it used to be, but Bully's is up the stairs to the right of the burger place.

Phew drama over :D

Advertisement