Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom user needing advice for UPC

• 16-10-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

hi im a eircom 8mb NGB broadband user im getting around 4.3mb average speed..im not complaining or anything but the UPC 15mb for CHEAPER than i pay for my eircom seems agreat deal..i pay E65 every 6 weeks for my eircom, the UPC 15mb is E32 for a MONTH so even for 6 weeks its cheaper than E65...could anyone give me their reviews of the UPC 16mb preferably for a southside dublin user?..i mainly want it for ps3 online gaming basicly to cut out the small lag i get the odd time and bring my ping down basicly max out myo nline gaming, is it good for online gaming?...what do u think my speed will be on the 15mb if my eircom 8mb gives me 4.4mb, around 9ish?...im confused wether to stay or move :(

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I was in the same boat as yourself.Supposed 8mb Ngb.Lucky to get 2mb on a good day.Switched to UPC and have no complaints at all.

I generally use the server below for pinging since I know exactly where I stand.On eircom it was 35ms prior to the NGB upgrade and after it was anywhere from 80-500ms.

Multiplay servers Im pinging at 35ms.Playing BF2 last night on a dutch server and getting 55ms.Even some US servers Im pinging at less than 120ms.

Pinging ph33r.theirishguard.com [89.234.64.91] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 89.234.64.91: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=124
    Reply from 89.234.64.91: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=124
    Reply from 89.234.64.91: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=124
    Reply from 89.234.64.91: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=124

Ping statistics for 89.234.64.91:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 12ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

MarkY91 wrote: »
    hi im a eircom 8mb NGB broadband user im getting around 4.3mb average speed..im not complaining or anything but the UPC 15mb for CHEAPER than i pay for my eircom seems agreat deal..i pay E65 every 6 weeks for my eircom, the UPC 15mb is E32 for a MONTH so even for 6 weeks its cheaper than E65...could anyone give me their reviews of the UPC 16mb preferably for a southside dublin user?..i mainly want it for ps3 online gaming basicly to cut out the small lag i get the odd time and bring my ping down basicly max out myo nline gaming, is it good for online gaming?...what do u think my speed will be on the 15mb if my eircom 8mb gives me 4.4mb, around 9ish?...im confused wether to stay or move :(

What are you thinking if you can move do it.
    992809420.png
    26166692.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Never knew about pingtest.

Heres mine.

26170754.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

cheers for the comments people you have swerved me more to changing :p here is my speedtest...as u can see its fairly good but upc are offering better for cheaper so its common sence to change:)..

993762157.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so i rang UPC today and she asked if im using upc television, i said nope im on sky, then she asked did i get a letter from upc:confused: i said nope so she asked my address to see if i could get the service, im in crumlin so obviously, she said they would ring me back within 5 days to tell me if i can:(..customer service was terrible she was a total bitch:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement