Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality of Setanta on Eircom BB?

• 16-10-2010 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Watching the Man U v W Brom game on Setanta via Eircom BB at the moment and the quality of the stream is very poor. There used to be two buttons where you could switch between the standard and a better quality stream. Have they been removed? Buttons were called 300 Kbps and 800 Kbps if I recall correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Thanks. Yes, they are live. Setanta show the Saturday 3pm games in RoI.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Watching the Man U v W Brom game on Setanta via Eircom BB at the moment and the quality of the stream is very poor. There used to be two buttons where you could switch between the standard and a better quality stream. Have they been removed? Buttons were called 300 Kbps and 800 Kbps if I recall correctly.

Don't you see the bit rates buttons on the bottom of the player?

No. Don't seem to be there. Here's what I see:

5087551038_0eee33d4a6.jpg

Added the x's. Buttons used to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Keep hearing bad things about this stream, you would be better off using sopcast or veetle for a decent stream imo.

• Advertisement

Thanks d22. Yes, I use sopcast & veetle too. The sopcast stream of the Villa Chelsea game yesterday evening was far superior to what Eircom seem to offer.

Contacted Eircom about this issue. Little joy from them. Anyone else notice the option to select the higher quality stream has gone. As Condi says above a bitrate of 298 Kbps is now indicated.

139069.jpg

139070.jpg

Was looking at this again. Checked on the mate's computer. He has the option to select between the lower and higher quality stream options still. I have not. Annoying I have lost this option. Is it run via the Windows Media Player. Maybe he has a different version to me? Any ideas?

Advertisement