Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Sipping a Belfast Ale here. Not to my liking at all, actually not sure if I'll finish it tbh

Have had their lager before (not bad) & Clothworthy Dobbin on cask (pretty damn good) but Whitewater have far from excelled with this effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Sipping a Belfast Ale here. Not to my liking at all, actually not sure if I'll finish it tbh

Have had their lager before (not bad) & Clothworthy Dobbin on cask (pretty damn good) but Whitewater have far from excelled with this effort

What is the relevance of "india" in i.p.a. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Ales would not keep when the Brits shipped them to India. So they had to create a special brew that would last the 3 month ship journey to india, hence the name ( or so I'm told) :)

Ales would not keep when the Brits shipped them to India. So they had to create a special brew that would last the 3 month ship journey to india, hence the name ( or so I'm told) :)

Rather than admit I didn't know that I'll do like the 2 lads on the Rice Krispies ad....I didn't know that most people didn't know that.

Finished it out of pure stubbornness!

Ah Seamus O'Hara. You never let me down

I have 5 bottles of franziskaner chilling in my fridge since last saturday, i ,m on the ridiculous late shift this week so i couldnt even get to see goodwood.i might give the beautiful weissbier a good hiding when i get home later : )

All this talk of drink is making me thirsty. I spent 3 hours sheltering from torrential rain at Ballybrit today. I think I deserve a pint. I'm putting on my jacket.

I have 5 bottles of franziskaner chilling in my fridge since last saturday, i ,m on the ridiculous late shift this week so i couldnt even get to see goodwood.i might give the beautiful weissbier a good hiding when i get home later : )

Do it! You know you want to.

• Advertisement

All this talk of drink is making me thirsty. I spent 3 hours sheltering from torrential rain at Ballybrit today. I think I deserve a pint. I'm putting on my jacket.

I repeat. Do it!

The Salthouse is your friend

Do it! You know you want to.

Haha i think i will !!!

I repeat. Do it!

The Salthouse is your friend

They do have a great selection to be fair.

http://www.germanbeerguide.co.uk/hefeweiz.html interesting guide to the hefe-weisen biers.

They do have a great selection to be fair.

I've never been to the Salthouse but the same crowd have a few places in Dublin

If you're a stout man try Buried At Sea. Pricey seeing as they brew it but an exceptional stout. If IPAs are your thing they've plenty to choose from

Does anyone here live in Miracle Village? Johner?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23063492

• Advertisement

I've never been to the Salthouse but the same crowd have a few places in Dublin

If you're a stout man try Buried At Sea. Pricey seeing as they brew it but an exceptional stout. If IPAs are your thing they've plenty to choose from

I have yet to drink a stout, of any kind. But I will. The buried at sea is staring me in the face. But I was feeling frisksy. I have a Galway Hooker in front of me.

Only in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

You've never had a pint of Guinness?

Afraid not. Most of my friends drink it. And swear by it. But they say you shxt turf the next day. I confess, I drank bud only until I found Weiss Biers a few yr's back. I have now expanded to IPA and happily enjoy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I have yet to drink a stout, of any kind. But I will. The buried at sea is staring me in the face. But I was feeling frisksy. I have a Galway Hooker in front of me.

Try everything they are all lovely :)

• Advertisement

Try everything they are all lovely :)

I'm actually going to order a sample of that burried at sea right now..... Report to follow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I do! Myself and Larry Murphy.

Strange taste. Sweet, chocolately. Light. Weird. Not what I expected.

_69025324_mv_chris_bbc.jpg

Christopher Dawson, a 22-year-old, is a registered sex offender prohibited from speaking to anyone under the age of 18. When he was 19, he had what he says is a consensual sexual relationship with a 14-year-old. He believed she was older.

Haha big pedo head on him. He thought she was older. lol.

Just spotted, called chocolate milk. 4.3%

Johner wrote: »
    Haha big pedo head on him. He thought she was older. lol.

As he dragged her from her tricycle, he felt she was older. Mad looking bastxrd.

Any of you play poker? There's a big festival in Galway for the next 2 weeks. I might try a hand of the Texas Holdem tourney's

Buried At Sea is an exceptional Stout. Free pint if you flash your Blur ticket in The Black Sheep.

The system works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Any of you play poker? There's a big festival in Galway for the next 2 weeks. I might try a hand of the Texas Holdem tourney's

Went down the other night. Nice setup. Might try one after this madness is over.

O'Haras Pale Ale on cask is fan-damn- tastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

O'Haras Pale Ale on cask is fan-damn- tastic

Its not.
    Tastes like fairy liquid if you ask me.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Its not.
    Tastes like fairy liquid if you ask me.

Just admit it man, you don't actually like beer!

Ye are like a bunch of women. Nothing feminine about the 16 inch tuna roll i just demolished

Moi ?? Moi ??? :confused::confused:

I love booze! There's a lovely red ale i drank somewhere a few weeks back and i have to say it was delicious. **** cant think of the name :mad:

I do like a tuna roll - with onions, toms and swiss cheese - a great combo.

I went for tomato mozzerella and some sort of Italian sweet relish

Moi ?? Moi ??? :confused::confused:

I love booze! There's a lovely red ale i drank somewhere a few weeks back and i have to say it was delicious. **** cant think of the name :mad:

I do like a tuna roll - with onions, toms and swiss cheese - a great combo.

And gin and tonic :(

Thank **** tomorrow is Friday and a long weekend ahead. I need a few days to relax.

****e racing tomorrow.

No day of rest for me. Finishing up work Sunday week, will be twenty five days in a row worked

• Advertisement

It'll be a nice pay cheque at the end of the rainbow though.

Spend it wisely.

Cocaine and hookers. BOOM

More like the trap challenge at.ROMFORD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What does the Saturday at Galway be like in terms of crowds?

Was up there for Ladies Day last year and as expected, it was packed. Presuming the Saturday is a lot quieter?

Baz where have you been for so long

Just demolished my personal best time, 8.8k in 37.50

Just picked up a serious piece of pork belly from the butchers for Saturday nights dinner.

It will be cooked slowly for 4-5 hours !!
    Droooooooooooooooooool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Just picked up a serious piece of pork belly from the butchers for Saturday nights dinner.

It will be cooked slowly for 4-5 hours !!
    Droooooooooooooooooool :D

Great minds... I bought a shoulder of pork yesterday, it's sitting in the fridge since yesterday night having been coated in numerous spices, will lob it into the slow cooker when I'm off to bed tonight, it'll be absolutely sensational for a feed of pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow afternoon!!!

• Advertisement

I've always been meaning to pick myself up a slow cooker. Ideal for shoulder.

You can only really roast the belly though.

I have been a self confessed lurker all week,stuck on the late shift in work and reading all the posts about the racing,jealous as hell. Oh i nearly forgot, i have the next two weeks off : ) p.s i was delighted to see bolgers horse beaten!

Ninjago to save my week. Poor few days betting wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Anyone work in Galway? Service industry post race week night on Monday in the skeff. 3 free drinks each, and free entry. Giz a shout if you want an invite.

I want an invite

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement