Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

For some reason I've always got the impression that Mags Mullins owns what could only be described as a gigantic assortment of dildos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Conor King is unreal! 4 timer at Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Had them all in a Lucky 15*

*May not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

For some reason I've always got the impression that Mags Mullins owns what could only be described as a gigantic assortment of dildos
    :)

Fuckin' hell.

Last decent cider I had was Aspall's the day before last years Tingle Creek over in Esher. They have it in Against The Grain but I just go for Stouts & IPAs in there.

Must try one or two soon. Bulmers is nothing but an alcopop

An excellent bar, but I find that:
    -Its too dear for a session
    -The beer is too strong for a session.

Its a nice treat for 2-3 pints on a school night, or as a warm up for a session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Any one got any promotions codes for setting up Betfair account? Need to lay off a few bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

In Kilkenny on holiday with the missus & the kids. Nice enough town for a trot around, significantly less kn@ckers about than other spots I've been in too... Also, dunno if it was pure luck or what, but the hotel bar served me up a savage pint of Arthur last night, so it's all good thus far...

If you can either dump the children with relatives or get the wife to let you off in town on your own go to Brewery Corner. Down by the Smithwicks Brewery. Owned by Carlow Brewing.

carmanard wrote: »
    In Kilkenny on holiday with the missus & the kids. Nice enough town for a trot around, significantly less kn@ckers about than other spots I've been in too... Also, dunno if it was pure luck or what, but the hotel bar served me up a savage pint of Arthur last night, so it's all good thus far...

Best pint in Kilkenny, is a place just over the bridge on the way into the town. Almost directly across the river from Matt the Millers. Savage pint.

Staying outside of town in the Springhill Court out on the Waterford road, bit far of a trek in without driving, but I'll convince herself to drive back out this evening so I can check those recommendations!!! Heaps of families with young kids in the hotel, the lobby (and the bar) was more like a bloody crèche than anything else when I nipped down for my holiday tradition of a pint or two when the nippers have nodded off. So I just threw on my iPod, enjoyed my 2 pints & headed back to the room to watch The Hangover fairly quickly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Slattsy wrote: »
    Best pint in Kilkenny, is a place just over the bridge on the way into the town. Almost directly across the river from Matt the Millers. Savage pint.

Tynan's?

Thats the one !

Nipped into Tynans for a swift pint while the ladies were gone shoe shopping. Damn fine pint of Guinness, damn fine... Went down to Brewery Corner too but hadn't time to stop in, so I just gazed at the menu & in through the window like an urchin on Christmas morning :) Definitely putting it on my list of places to visit....

carmanard wrote: »
    Nipped into Tynans for a swift pint while the ladies were gone shoe shopping. Damn fine pint of Guinness, damn fine... Went down to Brewery Corner too but hadn't time to stop in, so I just gazed at the menu & in through the window like an urchin on Christmas morning :) Definitely putting it on my list of places to visit....

They do a tasting board with 5 glasses of beer for a tenner. Get that.

meriwether wrote: »
    They do a tasting board with 5 glasses of beer for a tenner. Get that.

I'll be getting that next time I'm in so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Just got this e-mail:

Alright Lads, Stanjames have made a mess of the womens 10k market.

Dibaba will be 5s on here with Defar opting for the 5k.

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/08/the-sports-fans-lose-again-meseret-defar-and-tirunesh-dibaba-not-to-double-in-moscow/

They put Dibaba in at 13/8 with Defar 10/11 for the 10k.

I checked the rules and there's no rule 4 or anything on outright bets.

http://www.stanjames.com/UK/541/betting#action=market-group-list&bo-navigation=59179.2,95427.2&market-group=709994.2

Bombs away on Dibaba for the 10k.

The lenghts I went to to get a decent bet on these!! Cheers for the initial heads up. They should both be 1/6 by the end of the week

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The lenghts I went to to get a decent bet on these!! Cheers for the initial heads up. They should both be 1/6 by the end of the week

2/5 Dibaba with Stan James for the 10k. They're still quoting 2/1 Defar

Seem to have pulled their 5k market

2/5 Dibaba with Stan James for the 10k. They're still quoting 2/1 Defar

Seem to have pulled their 5k market

That 2/5 is still massive. Got a further bet at 7/10 Defar for the 5k earlier with Bwin, an a/c I don't mind if I lose. SJ/Betpack was a different job, had to be the shops!

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    That 2/5 is still massive. Got a further bet at 7/10 Defar for the 5k earlier with Bwin, an a/c I don't mind if I lose. SJ/Betpack was a different job, had to be the shops!

Sh!te, completely forgot the Betpack angle. Just obliterated my Stan James a/c!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Aletta Ocean, Stoya and Memphis Monroe lol

• Advertisement

Sh!te, completely forgot the Betpack angle. Just obliterated my Stan James a/c!

Haha, at least you'll have a nice 'clean' bp to work with for again! I buried both into a couple of mutiples that shouldnt lose, but I've found it's really not worth losing an a/c if you can help it atal so went the shop route for singles. I'm running out of friends for SJ a/c's ruthless bastards that they are

John Smith's BOGOF going for the Tingle Creek again this year.

Actually not that long to go now, the Wheatsheaf won't know what hit it!

Yer man playing music in the hotel bar here just finished up by playing the national anthem. Haven't seen that done in years!!!

Powers are 5/1 Woods for the USPGA. 4/1 best elsewhere but he's 5.8 on Betfair so it might well be available later in the week

They're 10/1 McIlroy for a top 6 finish. 10/10.5 on Betfair for a top 5. 33s best price so you can't get that place price even if you also have to have the win bet also

Powers have the 5/1 Woods back up in the shops to €200 max "while stocks last" if anyone wants it

8/1 McIlroy now. Think some lad from Hills said McIlroy to miss the cut was their worst USPGA result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Powers have the 5/1 Woods back up in the shops to €200 max "while stocks last" if anyone wants it

8/1 McIlroy now. Think some lad from Hills said McIlroy to miss the cut was their worst USPGA result!

What price is mcilroy to miss the cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

For all you soccer fans I see tevez declared again in the last at Yarmouth after landing a double figure touch at Kempton last night ( was double figures yesterday am, coasted home despite losing 6 lenghts at the start). No penalty, 8/1 looks big in a 6 runner event, albeit up in grade. O 'Briens daughter over to ride the 2nd fav in same race.

Just recovered from a dreadful Ballybrit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Today is one of the slowest days of my life at work, 2 and a half hours in and we have taken 46 dollars

O 'Briens daughter over to ride the 2nd fav in same

think I have the wrong lady there, aidans daughter would be claiming 10lbs rather than 3.

think I have the wrong lady there, aidans daughter would be claiming 10lbs rather than 3.

It's her alright, I'd recognise her anywhere. ;) But yeah it is her since it's an apprentice race and she has already won a few races she can't claim the full allowance.

• Advertisement

For all you soccer fans I see tevez declared again in the last at Yarmouth after landing a double figure touch at Kempton last night ( was double figures yesterday am, coasted home despite losing 6 lenghts at the start). No penalty, 8/1 looks big in a 6 runner event, albeit up in grade. O 'Briens daughter over to ride the 2nd fav in same race.
    Just recovered from a dreadful Ballybrit.

Nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Johner wrote: »
    It's her alright, I'd recognise her anywhere. ;)

You must like them young Johner, I think she's 16 :p

You must like them young Johner, I think she's 16 :p

It is unreal how thick the majority of customers are

Stuck a small ew on John Huh aka question mark? in the final major @ 225/1. Love trying to predict the impossible.

Stan James have dropped the ball with their women's 3k steeple chase market also...

• Advertisement

How Colonel

UrbanSea wrote: »
    How Colonel

Their 3s on jolly isn't lining up

Franciscan Well coffee porter tonight. While I don't drink coffee at all I like the subtle coffee hit off other stouts/porters but this is way too much for me. Like drinking an alcoholic coffee.

It does claim to be a "Dessert Porter" I suppose

Their 3s on jolly isn't lining up

They've pulled the market but haven't tried to void bets

Any of you lads on Westwood again in the golf?

No bet for me but see he's doing pretty well after the first round

• Advertisement

Didn't get a bet on him! He was -2 by the time I started watching so the price was gone. He will probably win now that I don't have him backed! :rolleyes: Adam Scott looks like the one to be on though.

Infanta Branca is a massive each way price at 25/1 in the second at Tipp dropped back to 5 furlongs for the first time this year

Anyone know anyone selling a polar bear preferably in the city centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anyone know anyone selling a polar bear preferably in the city centre

I may be able to help you out there. Drop me a pm.

Infanta Branca is a massive each way price at 25/1 in the second at Tipp dropped back to 5 furlongs for the first time this year

OR NOT

Westwood only went and did a Westwood! Scott looking very strong.

Indian Maharaja looks a proper race horse really nice debut by Bolger's in second

Indian Maharaja looks a proper race horse really nice debut by Bolger's in second

Top drawer pedigree too

Looks like Galileo is default for anything decent from the Danehill line but seeing as Again was a (dual I think) G1 winner it was surely a no brainier for Coolmore

That other Elusive Quality colt who won the other night could be the best they have, looking forward to seeing War Command again Sunday

'I may be blind but at least I'm not black'- Stevey Wonder

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement