Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

The Hammers will be safe as houses.

I know Big Sam is a Knob but ask Blackburn or Bolton fans if they'd like him back. They didn't know what they had.

Didn't Newcadtle get relegated after they sacked him ?

He is not my favourite manager but his teams are steady mid table premiership teams usually punching above their means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

fangee wrote: »
    I think Cardiff will stay up.

I'd give Cardiff the best chance and Caulker is a brilliant signing for them though but don't see them scoring enough goals. When you look at the teams that were down around the bottom of the Premier League last season it's hard to see some of them having such bad seasons again. I just don't see who else will go down. Stoke, Sunderland and Villa would be my three that will be down around the bottom but think they will all be safe. Newcastle,Norwich and Fulham have made some really good additions and I think Southampton will be okay. Palace and Hull don't stand a chance of staying up imo, Cardiff would definitely be my favourites to join them, I'd give them an outside chance of staying up but it wouldn't surprise me to see the three of them struggling from an early stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Johner wrote: »
    True! West Ham should be in around the top 10 this season. Ravel Morrison needs to start! Most impressive player on the pitch when Chelsea youths played United a few years back in the Youth Cup and that includes Pogba! If he wasn't such a headcase he would have been unreal. Having some preseason though! Still has a chance for him to fulfill some of his potential.

Also think Downing and Carroll are two very good signings for West Ham despite what Pool fans would have you believe. Solid squad with the likes of Rat,Demel,Reid,Jarvis,Maiga,Vaz Te,Noble,Nolan,Downing and Carroll! Don't rate Collins though think they could do with a new centre half!

Yeah on paper we have a decent squad but the problem is will carroll stay injury free.rat was an excellent signing and morisson played well in pre season friendlies.i dont really rate vaz te,think he is a decent championship player only.we need a decent striker to feed or feed off andy carroll.i might ask in powers on saturday if they have a price for the hammers to finish in the top 10....COYI :)

I'd give Cardiff the best chance and Caulker is a brilliant signing for them though but don't see them scoring enough goals. When you look at the teams that were down around the bottom of the Premier League last season it's hard to see some of them having such bad seasons again. I just don't see who else will go down. Stoke, Sunderland and Villa would be my three that will be down around the bottom but think they will all be safe. Newcastle,Norwich and Fulham have made some really good additions and I think Southampton will be okay. Palace and Hull don't stand a chance of staying up imo, Cardiff would definitely be my favourites to join them, I'd give them an outside chance of staying up but it wouldn't surprise me to see the three of them struggling from an early stage.
    I think palace are definitly doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Mark Hughes to be first manager sacked is around 20/1. Value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Someone text me something very similar last night.

Palace & Hull won't have huge expectations so even if they looked in trouble by Xmas the trigger may not be pulled.

Read it in one of the Sunday papers. Thought it might be a sneaky bet ( I like those ones!!!)

Hughes is 33s in a few places. Must have a look at the first few fixtures, chairmen might get itchy trigger fingers if the likes of Stoke or Sunderland start poorly

It was one of the Sunday red tops that gave that tip. Anyway, I might lob a small bet on at 33's then.

The biggest footy punter I know is quite keen on Southampton, likes em ew w/o the big 6

Likes Sunderland to go down at 5s & to finish bottom at 20s

• Advertisement

Leaving Cert results night? Yes please, last bus into town! Yeeeeeehaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Treated myself to a wee navy suit

Any price on betfair for the hammers to finish in the top 10? Not sure if the bricks and morters take those bets.

There's a market up on Oddschecker

9/4 West Ham with a good few firms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Its that time of year again.

1.43 Lolerpool at home to Stoke at the weekend. My (reasonably rough) model implies for that to be fair Lolerpool are approx 24 points better than Stoke over the 38 game season. Sporting Index pitch their spreads in such a way that they make Lolerpool 25pts better so I'm not far off

Guess the question is are either Lolerpool being over rated or Stoke under rated

Ah yes :)

The biggest anomoly in sports betting is back. The most scrutinized and most bet on sport in the world, one of the biggest league's, and these retadarded prices crop up game after game, year after year

****ing hell man, myself & the lads have taken Stan James for fortunes. If the US women's 4x100 team win it'll probably be 5 figures between us (one of the lads has em in a few multiples, I don't unfortunately)

Owe you massively for the 10k and 5k stuff (provided Defar wins). Mostly Betp and some SJ for my biggest ever sports win between the two. Even got a couple of doubles on the two in obscure spots (titanbet etc) :D

Anyways, a very good source tells me that Carceres is too big a price at 9/2 with our new favourite bookie in the long jump. Get on
    It's just over 1.16 the big 3 coupled at best odds/Betfair (even assuming 5% commission) in the Premier League betting.

Not saying I'm backing it but its surely value

I thought Chelsea at 1/2 w/o the Manchester clubs was huge.

I've advised Saldado top goalscorer on this site at 22's, but also think Ladbrokes 125/1 Anelka 4 places e/w is quite good

Oh, and Leaving cert results nite FTW

Was talking to a few lads at the weekend. Apparently Liverpool look great on most stats, shots on goal, possession, corners etc

They just don't convert. Found this article a pretty good read:

http://www.eplindex.com/26154/liverpool-shoot-score-should-less-be-more-stats-analysis.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Was talking to a few lads at the weekend. Apparently Liverpool look great on most stats, shots on goal, possession, corners etc

They just don't convert. Found this article a pretty good read:

http://www.eplindex.com/26154/liverpool-shoot-score-should-less-be-more-stats-analysis.html

Depressing stuff watching Liverpool the past 2 years. We just need a proper number 9 that'll take his chances.
    Like Soldado! Or Francis Jeffers lol

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Treated myself to a wee navy suit

Made by?

There's a market up on Oddschecker

9/4 West Ham with a good few firms
    cheers colonel, might just have a nibble at that. 9/4 seems a fair price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Slattsy wrote: »
    Made by?

Nay Vee

No value at all.

Newly appointed and the owner will stick by him even through relegation if it happens.

Turn your attention towards Alan Pardew. I have no idea what price he is but looks the most likely to me.

I'd be wary of saying Palace & Hull will "definitely" go down. Both Swansea & Norwich were odds on for relegation 2 years ago after promotion and both are still there. Swansea doing a good bit more than simply hanging on it too

Over the last 10 years an average of 1.3 newly promoted teams have gone back down, this falls to 0.8 over the last 5 years & all 3 stayed up in 2012 when, as already stated, 2 of them were odds on to go back down. Guessing Palace & Hull are worthy favourites to go down but the bookies aren't exactly taking any chances

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

LC night is Galway last night was absolutely jammers.

Wonder if Johner is up yet?

Preying on the younger/drunker wimmins last night, damn i wish i was young again !!

I'm up. :cool: I've honestly never came across such easy women in my life. Chat up line was wanna give me a kiss, and it worked nearly every time. Great night and a great way to celebrate my 60th! Hehe.

• Advertisement

(insert South Park gif here)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I'm up. :cool: I've honestly never came across such easy women in my life. Chat up line was wanna give me a kiss, and it worked nearly every time. Great night and a great way to celebrate my 60th! Hehe.
    did you get any "sly" pics on your phone?:cool:

Out in Leopardstown for The Happy Mondays. Justin Carthy is betting under a Ladbrokes umbrella, are Chronicle gone?

Out in Leopardstown for The Happy Mondays. Justin Carthy is betting under a Ladbrokes umbrella, are Chronicle gone?

Ladbrokes bought them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Ok lads me of all people should not be posting this in here, but I just can't contain myself :D

I have a set limit on my account at €20 a week and as I was off today and it was payday i fancied a little bet tonight and luckily it came in!

15 Aug 2013 16:57 Fontwell 19:00 Outright Betting, Guards Chapel, 7/1
    WON
    Fontwell 19:00 Outright Betting, Guards Chapel, 7/1
    WON
    Fontwell 19:30 Outright Betting, Rudigreen, 10/3
    WON
    WON
    Fontwell 20:00 Outright Betting, Franklino, 12/1
    WON
    WON
    Doubles €1.00 E/W, 3 bets, €6.00 €258.22
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    Treble €1.00 E/W, 1 bet, €2.00 €619.44

:eek:

• Advertisement

Congrats Mr.Jingle, great win there. Just make sure the money goes somewhere productive now as soon as you withdraw, i.e would be a great time to pay insurance/tax or to open a savings a/c. This is usually a very vunerable time, just after a big win. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Congrats Mr.Jingle, great win there. Just make sure the money goes somewhere productive now as soon as you withdraw, i.e would be a great time to pay insurance/tax or to open a savings a/c. This is usually a very vunerable time, just after a big win. Best of luck

Think i'll treat myself to a nice new phone and i've already booked a nice few days away in September, the bookies won't be seeing this cash again :D

damn, I fell into the trap and clicked the link:mad:

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Ok lads me of all people should not be posting this in here, but I just can't contain myself :D

I have a set limit on my account at €20 a week and as I was off today and it was payday i fancied a little bet tonight and luckily it came in!

WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    Doubles €1.00 E/W, 3 bets, €6.00 €258.22
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    WON
    Treble €1.00 E/W, 1 bet, €2.00 €619.44

:eek:
    wow nice one, I can only dream about getting up as many bets as those, enjoy your winnings :)

Well done mr.jingle! Lovely win :)

Decent Betfair punt on.....you guessed it......Lolerpool to win the Premier League!

Happens every single year, as Gordon Gekko once said "fools and their money are lucky enough to get together in the 1st place"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Colonel, thanks for that Dibaba/Defar info last week. Great post!

Crumbs wrote: »
    Colonel, thanks for that Dibaba/Defar info last week. Great post!

No worries, a couple of us backed it and after that didn't care who backed it and where the price went!

Scott: Let's go over to the County Courthouse, live to Kent Brockman.

Kent: -- ockman, just outside the County Courtroom where an argument about chowder has spilled over into the biggest trial in Springfield history. Behind these doors, a federal judge will ladle out steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice in a case the media have dubbed "Beat-Up Waiter." This reporter suggested "Waitergate", but was howled down at the press club.

• Advertisement

I think Swansea at 10/3 at home to United is a pretty decent bet. Swansea have a good home record and look very strong this year. Think Bony is going to tear it up. Have him in my fantasy football team. :cool:

4.0 Swansea on Betfair, they're quite strong

I'm guessing Man U's variance is quite a bit higher than last year with a new manager but I'm very tempted to back them at 2.14

You wont get a better bet than the hammers@ evens to beat cardiff. Thats coming from my head, not my heart.i rarely back football, but that evens is too hard for me to resist. I will be having a nice wedge on it.

I'm on Cardiff -10. :)

11/10 United is a superb price. The Moyes factor may come in throughout the season, but for day one it'll be plain old United playing on their normal instinct. Vidic, Carrick, Van Persie, and probably Ferdinand and Giggs will feature. A team full of experience to whom it wont make a blind bit of difference who's on the line. The form argument is out the window too after sunday. What price would United be in this game last season? 8/11 max in a 100% market. A jump to over 11/10 is ridiculous

You wont get a better bet than the hammers@ evens to beat cardiff. Thats coming from my head, not my heart.i rarely back football, but that evens is too hard for me to resist. I will be having a nice wedge on it.

I disagree. Can see a 0-0 or an away win.

I think Sunderland are a huge price to win tomorrow.

In bed with a coffee and a muffin going over my fantasy football team.
    Stressed out like a mutha ****a !!!

Slattsy wrote: »
    In bed with a coffee and a muffin going over my fantasy football team.
    Stressed out like a mutha ****a !!!

Even though its a rather crap fantasy game and i'll probably lose interest, I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at mine last night too. Probably more than i'll spend on my fantasy NFL, even though i've paid a fair few bob into those leagues

A lot of lads lose interest once they start doing rubbish.

NFL is sport i dont get. Too boring.

I fancy a load of draws this weekend in the football. Easily 3 or 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Nothing more enjoyable than going on the absolute lash arriving in at 3.30 expecting your 1 yr old son to wake at 8 when the Missus goes to work instead decides to wake at 7...where can I cash these chips in?

• Advertisement

ste2010 wrote: »
    Nothing more enjoyable than going on the absolute lash arriving in at 3.30 expecting your 1 yr old son to wake at 8 when the Missus goes to work instead decides to wake at 7...where can I cash these chips in?

Oh god that sounds awful.
    Thankfully i've no kids yet (too young :P) but the thoughts of being hungover and having to be a responsible Father haunts me even now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement