Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Slattsy wrote: »
    Oh god that sounds awful.
    Thankfully i've no kids yet (too young :P) but the thoughts of being hungover and having to be a responsible Father haunts me even now!!

Believe it or not its not as bad as you think or I thought it would be to be honest. Just dying for him to go for his 2 hour morning nap now and bingo..sleep time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Johner wrote: »
    I'm on Cardiff -10. :)

You did your dosh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Even though its a rather crap fantasy game and i'll probably lose interest, I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at mine last night too. Probably more than i'll spend on my fantasy NFL, even though i've paid a fair few bob into those leagues

I quite enjoy the fantasy football. Without it, I'd have little interest in the league. With it, I now take note of every assist, clean sheet, yellow card until next May!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

My friend was setting up his one in my house a couple of days ago and I felt very intrigued actually. So is anyone knocking around Kilkenny tonight? Great party in The Pump-House upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

My friend was setting up his one in my house a couple of days ago and I felt very intrigued actually. So is anyone knocking around Kilkenny tonight? Great party in The Pump-House upstairs.

What's on in the pimp house?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Back home now, went for a wee run was much harder than any I went for in America, had a nice 14 hour sleep last night.

Sky sports 1 is free all day on 121 on Sky if you have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

On me todd for a week - free gaff !!!!!!

#fapfapfap

If there's an O'Briens off licence near any of ye, they are selling 8 cans of Cobra beer for 10e.
    One of my fav beers. Delicious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Never knew they did Cobra in cans.

Very rare.
    Bought 16 just in case i never see them again.

• Advertisement

COYI!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hammers top of the league!! Blow it up now ref :)

You wont get a better bet than the hammers@ evens to beat cardiff. Thats coming from my head, not my heart.i rarely back football, but that evens is too hard for me to resist. I will be having a nice wedge on it.

:):):) appologies for the smugness but as a hammers fan i dont often get to smile too much :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Good call Droidman.

Southampton won away after being well backed, hopefully Utd can do a favour for those backing the drifters!

Family thing on at six the one night I could watch the United game at home, such a pile of ****

Ohhhh nice effort by Jones

3-0 Utd

Only sorry I didn't take 4.4 for the league outright

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    11/10 United is a superb price. The Moyes factor may come in throughout the season, but for day one it'll be plain old United playing on their normal instinct. Vidic, Carrick, Van Persie, and probably Ferdinand and Giggs will feature. A team full of experience to whom it wont make a blind bit of difference who's on the line. The form argument is out the window too after sunday. What price would United be in this game last season? 8/11 max in a 100% market. A jump to over 11/10 is ridiculous

I though Swansea would be 4/1, possibly a bit bigger. They were 4.3 during the week & 3.7ish at kick off. Thought Utd would be 10/11 or so, even factoring in that punters would probably over react to the new manager.

Pity I "only" got 11/10, they were 2.26 the last I looked before kick off. Assume someone was laying 5/4 commission free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

5/4 with Hills just before KO

Ignoring today's results Bwin's 11/10 Southampton to beat Sunderland midweek looks more than fair.

Factoring in today's results it looks gigantic!

• Advertisement

Only had 2 outright bets, Sunderland rock bottom at 20s & Southampton each way w/o the big six. Long way to go but a decent start! Gonna have to be honest, I was put onto them by the 2 sharpest footy punters I know

The same lads who put me onto those 2 bets put me off backing Utd for the title, you'd have got filled at 4.4 today. They've City 4pts ahead of Chelsea with Utd a few more further back in 3rd

I've Mark Hughes to be the first sacked @ 20's.

Thought Stoke were sent onto the field today in disarray. Shirts hanging out, socks around the ankles and no shape to the team, never mind missing a penalty that my granny would have slotted home from the comfort of her wheelchair.

I blame the Stoke Manager :)

One of the lads got me to have 1,000/30 Hughes with Hills for him. I left it. He was being backed on Betfair last night (albeit to small money)

Just watching the highlights. What a goal by Welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

The Godolphin horse was unlucky in the Arlington Million. Dank very impressive in the Beverly D, Duntle disappointing.

Went all out with a cocktail of drinks this evening. Started with Leffe on draught (yum), then a galway hooker (average), then a flying dog on draught (8.6%), too sweet & could only sip, then a fullers Ipa bottle(top notch, can only dream of draught), then back to the old reliable 5am saint. Feel fine, which means I'm pay for it in the morning.

My sack is so itchy and it won't stop

Went all out with a cocktail of drinks this evening. Started with Leffe on draught (yum), then a galway hooker (average), then a flying dog on draught (8.6%), too sweet & could only sip, then a fullers Ipa bottle(top notch, can only dream of draught), then back to the old reliable 5am saint. Feel fine, which means I'm pay for it in the morning.

Where were you? That's the thing with going to a craft beer pub, you end up mixing your drinks all over the shop to experiment. Rarely stay on the same stuff for more than 2 in a row when in the likes of Against The Grain

Where were you? That's the thing with going to a craft beer pub, you end up mixing your drinks all over the shop to experiment. Rarely stay on the same stuff for more than 2 in a row when in the likes of Against The Grain

Bierhaus, then Massimo's

• Advertisement

And surprisingly, I'm ok today. Just had a nice roast beef carvery.

A nice poo after a nice run. This is nice

H'on Limerick ta fcuk!

Chelsea look good.
    But at the same time Hull are ****e.

This could be 4 or 5 nil.

H'on Clare ta fcuk! Had to jump ship and back Clare -3

UrbanSea wrote: »
    A nice poo after a nice run. This is nice

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Bierhaus, then Massimo's

Jaysus I was in Bierhaus for one myself last night after work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Only had 2 outright bets, Sunderland rock bottom at 20s & Southampton each way w/o the big six. Long way to go but a decent start! Gonna have to be honest, I was put onto them by the 2 sharpest footy punters I know

The same lads who put me onto those 2 bets put me off backing Utd for the title, you'd have got filled at 4.4 today. They've City 4pts ahead of Chelsea with Utd a few more further back in 3rd

Was this sharp punter James Fennell by any chance?

Jaysus I was in Bierhaus for one myself last night after work.

Chances are you drank from one of glasses after it was cleaned!

Got this from yer man who gave me the nod on the athletics:

USA messed up the baton charges today so the bets on your stan james account went down. I had a few quid on Jamaica at 2.8 but was waiting on a much bigger payout. My brother was over in Moscow, he was meant to fly back tomorrow, but won 12 grand off Stan James so is heading to St. Petersburg for a week instead.

How bad! Got this reply then:

Ridiculous. His mate took em for 15 grand. All ridiculous accumulators and trebles. All of em' started off with Dibaba and Defar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I couldn't get Dibaba and Defar in doubles or above on the Stan James website. They were rejected on the betslip as related bets. Annoying.

• Advertisement

Slane girl.

Slane girl.

Classy burd.

I wonder if she's goin to Calvin Harris in a few weeks?? :pac:
    Apparently #Slanegirl is trending around the World - not sure how true that is though?

Think it was last night it was trending! I sold my Eminem tickets, was kinda glad I did as he was only on for 80 minutes! Now I'm annoyed because I might have met Slanegirl.

But on the plus side you missed Eminem.

Think it was last night it was trending! I sold my Eminem tickets, was kinda glad I did as he was only on for 80 minutes! Now I'm annoyed because I might have met Slanegirl.
    ok, who is slanegirl please?:confused:

I saw him at Oxegen in 2010. :cool: And apparently he played a near identical set at Slane!

ok, who is slanegirl please?:confused:

3 pics of the same girl are going around Twitter giving a blowy to 2 different lads and getting the box poked off her in the other. She has been christened Slanegirl. She could be under 18 though so I wouldn't be going around posting the photos!

I just realised you were slagging Eminem, fuck you Slattsy!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-investigating-slane-girl-incident-604128.html

Wow!

Gardaí investigating 'Slane girl' incident
    Gardaí are investigating an incident at the weekend in which a girl was photographed performing a sex act on a boy.

The picture, which is understood to have been taken at the Eminem gig in Slane on Saturday, has caused uproar online.

Gardaí say they have spoken to the girl involved and they are looking into the matter, but will not release any more details for privacy reasons.

Ha ha you thought i was a member of the Hitler youth didnt you !

Thats Slanegirl :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement