Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hulk would you fancy NI tomorrow, still not sure I can see myself trusting NI, too inconsistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Just back from Ballybrit. Some performance by missunited to beat the o Brien hotpot. I guess a crack at the greatwood hurdle in nov must be on the cards. I didn't hear post race interview. Did winters indicate that's the plan?

Sunny one minute. Pissing rain the next. Galway weather has returned to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I agree that Belgium have a talented side on paper, but they're quickly becoming the mug punt of next year's world cup. Everyone always supports a fashionable alternative for these tournaments and they go off stupid odds. Already Belgium are shorter than Italy and Holland which is wrong, but I suspect they'll go off something ludicrous like 10/1 come next June, and you'll have the likes of Spain going at 8's

Belgium/Holland/Italy all 20/1 atm.

To me Holland are over-priced, i wouldnt really give Italy a squeak at those odds, ageing team and all that. Relying on mad Mario cant be a good thing!

Brazil and Argentina favs as the record of SA teams winning the WC in SA speaks for itself. Spain at 6/1 would be my idea of a decent bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Hulk would you fancy NI tomorrow, still not sure I can see myself trusting NI, too inconsistent

It looks marginal at the moment but get the feeling you might see near 6/4 tomorrow which is probably enough to be a backer. NI have a way of putting in big performaces against good teams and are then crap against the dross, but that's probably been factored in. I actually think Austria are worth a lay tomorrow. As bad as we are, I don't think they're any better and that odds on looks very skinny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Slattsy wrote: »
    Belgium/Holland/Italy all 20/1 atm.

To me Holland are over-priced, i wouldnt really give Italy a squeak at those odds, ageing team and all that. Relying on mad Mario cant be a good thing!

Brazil and Argentina favs as the record of SA teams winning the WC in SA speaks for itself. Spain at 6/1 would be my idea of a decent bet.

Ah I didnt see Youwin had gone 20's. Yeah Holland at 25's looks fair enough. I'd have Belgium at least that price. It'll be all one way traffic for their odds from now on. Maybe it's the potential playoff, but 50's looks huge for Portugal. The were a whisker away from the Euro 2012 final (which they wouldve won I imagine). Pity Youwin don't go e/w. Might still throw a token bet on it

Ireland 3 down at half time here. Played well up to and after the first goal, second goal arguably the worst defending I've seen at the show grounds and that is saying something, gone to shreds since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I agree that Belgium have a talented side on paper, but they're quickly becoming the mug punt of next year's world cup. Everyone always supports a fashionable alternative for these tournaments and they go off stupid odds. Already Belgium are shorter than Italy and Holland which is wrong, but I suspect they'll go off something ludicrous like 10/1 come next June, and you'll have the likes of Spain going at 8's

A european team cant win in south america in the world cup.my beloved argentina will be carrying my usual wager.on paper they have an unbelievable wealth of talent and its in their back garden.brazil will be much improved from that cup tournament a couple of months ago, but i dont think they will improve enough to beat the super argies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not guilty.

tumblr_lsr6afv6AZ1qht3boo1_400.jpg

Johner wrote: »
    Not guilty.

tumblr_lsr6afv6AZ1qht3boo1_400.jpg

He was seen in a pub in manchester after the verdict having a pint with larry :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Just got the following text:

"Trap is starting Paul Green, don't think I'll even bother watching it now"

I'll be glad when he gets the boot

Greene is better than Whelan lads.

Just got the following text:

"Trap is starting Paul Green, don't think I'll even bother watching it now"

I'll be glad when he gets the boot

Seriously don't know why he's ahead of McClean.

Didn't go balls in on N.I had a small bet

Backing a team like NI is seriously bad for the heart, 1 up but they look like conceding every time they don't have the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Your old friend Hidden Cyclone has a go at the hurdles tomorrow Colonel

Your old friend Hidden Cyclone has a go at the hurdles tomorrow Colonel

Saw that. Luska Lad going too

On good, good/firm ground. Good old shark

• Advertisement

Watch a real football team tonight lads,super argies against paraguay!

Watch a real football team tonight lads,super argies against paraguay!

Columbia away to you are gay!!!!

Columbia away to you are gay!!!!

Haha i have been an argie fan since the 1978 world cup.even went to see them play ireland in the aviva a couple of years ago wearing my argentina jersey! Goooo di maria :)

I'm watching Uruguay and Colombia, have that knobhead geordie commentator on my stream though. :(

Cavani is a machine.

• Advertisement

2-0 Uruguay, deserve to be winning.

Straight on the scoops.

article-2416656-1BBC88FB000005DC-445_634x677.jpg

Haven't slept yet and I feel like I want to end my life, what a crazy night.

Stupid NI, only thing they're good for is cheap pints and sluts

Did a treble before I went to bed of USA,Venezuela and Honduras at 9/1. Woke up to see Honduras conceded a last minute equaliser. :rolleyes: Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Put one on your chest over tanya tate, it will be some consolation

That'd be the 'gas panic' after popping too many yokes !! :eek:

That'd be the 'gas panic' after popping too many yokes !! :eek:

Quadruple dropping oneself through a fine evening.

Northern Ireland also let me down in a 6 team accum for 200! Why the **** did I back those useless bastards.

Quadruple dropping oneself through a fine evening.

Oh to be young again.

They were absolutely awful. Letting in that goal at half time was pure stupidity, on the back foot the whole first half yet had a goal lead, hang on until half time but they push and are left 3 on 3 at the back in the 46th minute. Awful play

• Advertisement

Mitzos and cherries.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Why in the name of every deity there is did I think it would be a good idea to go back playing soccer last Monday night for the first time in 15 months?? Day two now of having more pains than I even knew I had parts of my body... Beef and Guinness stew for the dinner this evening though and there's a couple of cans of Arthur in the fridge to wash it down with as well, something to look forward to... :)

And the super argies go marching on!!! Money for old rope for next years world cup :)

And the super argies go marching on!!! Money for old rope for next years world cup :)

Belgium, while not being a real place, has a serious football team, definitely the best they've had since 86... Love to see them make it there, nobody would want to be pitched in against them

carmanard wrote: »
    Why in the name of every deity there is did I think it would be a good idea to go back playing soccer last Monday night for the first time in 15 months?? Day two now of having more pains than I even knew I had parts of my body... Beef and Guinness stew for the dinner this evening though and there's a couple of cans of Arthur in the fridge to wash it down with as well, something to look forward to... :)

I went for a good spin on the bike yesterday for the first time in years, my arse is ripped to shreds today

I went for a good spin on the bike yesterday for the first time in years, my arse is ripped to shreds today

You'll have a hole on you like Belladonna after that

carmanard wrote: »
    Belgium, while not being a real place, has a serious football team, definitely the best they've had since 86... Love to see them make it there, nobody would want to be pitched in against them

Next to impossible for a european team to win the world cup in south america.but they could be worth an ew nibble,personally i dont think they are any value.

Next to impossible for a european team to win the world cup in south america.but they could be worth an ew nibble,personally i dont think they are any value.

I'd be punting them e/w... Though that could go tits up if they aren't seeded (and seeing how they havent qualified for a tournament in ages that's a possibility)

Over 5k posts - FML :o

• Advertisement

Mantra tonight Johner?
    JC results out!

Mantra tonight Johner?
    JC results out!

**** I forgot all about it. Disaster. :( Kevin ****ing Webster was meant to remind me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

What do ye boys use for video form?

I usedto use Sporting life, but that appears to be subscription, and ATR.uk also appears to have tightened up.

meriwether wrote: »
    What do ye boys use for video form?

I usedto use Sporting life, but that appears to be subscription, and ATR.uk also appears to have tightened up.

I use Sky Sports website, you have sign up with Sky Bet but when you do you can watch the replays from Racing UK and ATR on it. I still use ATR aswell.

Just got myself a job in Galway :) looking forward to moving back what a city

• Advertisement

No college this year?

Anyone regular posters from Cavan ?

Anyone regular posters from Cavan ?

Do you think in all honesty that anyone would actually admit to being from cavan? :)

That was my concern.

Anyone from Cavan please PM me (i'll keep it a secret)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Where you working Urban?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement