Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 takeone92

i know it wrong but ap is on over 1 million a year retainer from jp...if JP tells him to pull the horse you can bet your ass he will pull it otherwise he's out of a job!id pull a horse for 1 million quid.Its wrong but its not entirely AP's fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

takeone92 wrote: »
    i know it wrong but ap is on over 1 million a year retainer from jp...if JP tells him to pull the horse you can bet your ass he will pull it otherwise he's out of a job!id pull a horse for 1 million quid.Its wrong but its not entirely AP's fault

The problem is that its loads of horses, dancing tornado during the week is another case of a horse not being put into a race.

Its got to the stage that I wont back a JP horse and that has to be wrong.

takeone92 wrote: »

The problem is that its loads of horses, dancing tornado during the week is another case of a horse not being put into a race.

Its got to the stage that I mainly wont back a JP horse and that has to be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Getting a new car this week!

Yay :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 takeone92

i dont back many of his horses but if there is huge money on iti do.jp owns a string of bookmakers no matter what he does he makes money at punters expense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I gave up backing JP's donkey horses years ago. I'll only back his horses in the big races, now and again. If he had a runner in an egg and spoon race at Towcester or some gaff track like that, I wouldn't give it a second look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Denman at his new career

378948_10151126446636120_2038900732_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Denman at his new career

378948_10151126446636120_2038900732_n.jpg

How much would you pay to have a go on him?

Considering my poverty, I'd pay 200 euro for 20 minutes on him. I mean jumping a few fences, a gallop and just knocking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    How much would you pay to have a go on him?

Considering my poverty, I'd pay 200 euro for 20 minutes on him. I mean jumping a few fences, a gallop and just knocking about.

Just knocking about on a Gold Cup winner :D

I would pay a few hundred no bother, would love to jump a wall on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Declan McDonogh Gets The Aga Khan Job

(supposedly)

ft9 wrote: »
    Declan McDonogh Gets The Aga Khan Job

(supposedly)

This has now been confirmed.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

9.30 tg4 jump boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Barry Geraghtys wife is well fit.

sonnky wrote: »
    Barry Geraghtys wife is well fit.

Picture?
    Preferably noode ;-)

Was the programme any use?

Lol. Such drifts on Plan A and Well Sharp today. Wouldn't trust any JP horse to get a run for my money

Forpadydeplasterer going for the Grand National! Never thought I'd see that.

Sure Walkon went for the Scottish one on heavy ground. Madness

• Advertisement

hucklebuck wrote: »
    I thought it was deadly..alot about Davey Russell and his fears of not making the grade and that they love their job so much. But they followed them for the season..was great

It's on the TG4 player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Forpadydeplasterer going for the Grand National! Never thought I'd see that.

Complete waste of time. Presumably his owners are just looking for the day out so they can wave their red and white scarves in front of the TV cameras again? :rolleyes:

Complete waste of time. Presumably his owners are just looking for the day out so they can wave their red and white scarves in front of the TV cameras again? :rolleyes:

Thats very unfair, you know no other horse is fasterer :P

Hucklebuck what were you doing up at that ungodly hour? I'd to my father a lift, back to bed with me.

The missus went home last weekend in my (our) new car and managed wrecked the alloy and rip the tyre by driving it into the biggest/deepest pothole EVER , just got it fixed. More €€€€€€€

Women shouldnt be allowed drive :mad:

Jump Boys is on TG4 again at 10PM on Saturday.

Barry Geraghty was on Tom Dunne (Newstalk) just now with the producer of director of the program chatting about it.

Slattsy wrote: »
    The missus went home last weekend in my (our) new car and managed wrecked the alloy and rip the tyre by driving it into the biggest/deepest pothole EVER , just got it fixed. More €€€€€€€

Women shouldnt be allowed drive :mad:
    Go on slatts, tell us all about this new car, your only mad for us to ask!!! :)

Go on slatts, tell us all about this new car, your only mad for us to ask!!! :)

Its not even funny :(

Its not 'brand' new either :o (but new for me)
    Maybe if i stopped punting and having pints on lunch I could afford a new new one :cool:

• Advertisement

What breed of a car did ya get Slatts?

What breed of a car did ya get Slatts?

Tis a cross between an Audi A4 and A6 :pac:

So an A5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seetru

Anyone have a strong fancy for the Hennessey Gold cup at Newbury tomorrow?

Essay due in 2 and a half hours. HELP ME

Anyone listen to the Timeform radio weekend preview? I was always told that a pause is better than a stop word when speaking in public. I was told, when people start counting how many "ehhs" and "umms" you say, you're doing it wrong. Enter Phil from this weeks Timeform Weekend preview....

http://www.timeform.com/display_articles.asp?page=Timeform_Radio.asp

Aw man I am very very very sick

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the Timeform radio weekend preview? I was always told that a pause is better than a stop word when speaking in public. I was told, when people start counting how many "ehhs" and "umms" you say, you're doing it wrong. Enter Phil from this weeks Timeform Weekend preview....

http://www.timeform.com/display_articles.asp?page=Timeform_Radio.asp

Is there a podcast for this stuff nulty?

ste2010 wrote: »
    Is there a podcast for this stuff nulty?

Theres a link over the box of each one for subscribing through iTunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Hills betting on the day of the week the royal baby will be born. They're 6/1 each of 7 which makes a 100% book. Strange one

Anyone know where you can pick up decent christmas trees where the seller won't mug the life out of you! Preferably around Dublin, Kildare , Laois, Carlow or Wicklow area

• Advertisement

Anyone know where you can pick up decent christmas trees where the seller won't mug the life out of you! Preferably around Dublin, Kildare , Laois, Carlow or Wicklow area

Picked up mine yesterday in Justins in Blanchardstown. 50 quid but a lovely tree, nice and full with a great shape to em.

Decorated it last night and put some lights up outside too. I love Christmas.

Lol Slatts:

"Creppin' up your backstairs"

Have you been watching Masterchef? :cool:

I know it should be creepin up your backstairs but that sounds like a trip down the Bourneville Boulevard :eek:

Slattsy wrote: »
    Picked up mine yesterday in Justins in Blanchardstown. 50 quid but a lovely tree, nice and full with a great shape to em.

Decorated it last night and put some lights up outside too. I love Christmas.

Hope you got some fruit there, yumm.

Justin was telling my pops that he got offered €2M for the land behind the shop in the boom and he told them to fupp off.

Lol Slatts:

"Creppin' up your backstairs"

Have you been watching Masterchef? :cool:

I know it should be creepin up your backstairs but that sounds like a trip down the Bourneville Boulevard :eek:

I think i was listening to The Fratelli's at the time ;)

Hope you got some fruit there, yumm.

Justin was telling my pops that he got offered €2M for the land behind the shop in the boom and he told them to fupp off.

Oucho !!

Nothing worse than picking out a horse thinking it'll be a nice price and it's absolutely ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Nothing worse than picking out a horse thinking it'll be a nice price and it's absolutely ****e

You know me to well, time to close account.

Booked my flights for the festival going weds and thur next year! Chuffed as there was a chance I wasn't going with the latest addition to the new mini family and everything! Actually glowing now I'm going really thought I wasn't ... :D now to save a few bob!
    Did anyone see a special
    On the tix somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Booked my flights for the festival going weds and thur next year! Chuffed as there was a chance I wasn't going with the latest addition to the new mini family and everything! Actually glowing now I'm going really thought I wasn't ... :D now to save a few bob!
    Did anyone see a special
    On the tix somewhere?

£35 pound a day now for Tatts, goes up to £45 on the day. If your under 23 (I think it's 23 anyway) you can buy a ticket on the Thursday for £25. That just applies for Thursdays though.

£35 pound a day now for Tatts, goes up to £45 on the day. If your under 23 (I think it's 23 anyway) you can buy a ticket on the Thursday for £25. That just applies for Thursdays though.
    Cheers oscars! I have that already sorted...the Missus is getting us a club enclosure ticket for Xmas for 1 day..just wondering was there a site giving a % discount on them. Was sure I seen it, maybe it was RP members club or something. and I'm gojng to try source a free one (fingers crossed) for the other day..have been lucky enough to source 1 for the past fee years..just treat myself as Cheltenham only happens once a year..I find you can relax a little bit more in the club enclosure aswell and easily get a place at the side of the course

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement