Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

There are people on this site who are very nasty ,so I will not give any more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

sting60 wrote: »
    There are people on this site who are very nasty ,so I will not give any more info.

That's not fair! Give us more info :mad:

Oh wait...I read that as your not giving us any more info about the nasty people....thats the info I want :D

There are very sad people on this site who for some reason want to run me down,yet they have never given a winner.I have the biggest cert ever to run on a track[bumper].This horse is very very top class.Have every penny in your pocket on this.First time out @ about 8/1 early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

I hate seeing "biggest cert ever" but I'm always happy for people to fill my pockets with more pennies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

sting60 m8.. is bumper the name of horse. is it running in coming days.. what ever about the others. im grateful for last winner. your A1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

No pudzy he means it'll run in a bumper race

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

UrbanSea wrote: »
    No pudzy he means it'll run in a bumper race

cool, thanks urban, was just wondering cause im sure david pipe has horse in the yard called bumper.. anyway sting will prob post name when time is right.. baranger was a steering job last day.. thats the way tips with good info should be winning.. made me 500 profit

Glad to hear you made a few quid. I had no money to back it

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Lads which day is best to go to for the xmas festival in Leopardstown? I am thinkin Stephens day.

I'm more excited about the racing tomorrow than I was for today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I'm more excited about the racing tomorrow than I was for today

Same as meself :pac: The King George should be a cracker!

Kempton is a no bet card for me,but still fancy about 10000 horses.

Zerashan runs today I gave him first time out but Davy Russell said he was beaten going to the start.He hated the ground ,If soft is not in the going forecast then at 16/1 he is a hugh player e/w against Mullins.This is a serious horse but wants good or better ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Zerashan runs today I gave him first time out but Davy Russell said he was beaten going to the start.He hated the ground ,If soft is not in the going forecast then at 16/1 he is a hugh player e/w against Mullins.This is a serious horse but wants good or better ground.

Backed him myself, he was going really well but just emptied like pot with a hole in the bottom as it got to the business end.

So my bad luck is still going and seriously thinking of packing in betting:mad:

Thousands Stars did me for €900 winnings on the 29th, a single, double and treble all knocked out.

Zama Zama did me for €600 winnings on the 30th, 4fold, treble and double knocked out.

My biggest bet yesterday was on Glens Boy who was going to in but for a loose horse stopped sideways 2 yards for the line, loose horse did not hamper the winner.

Rant over...

Gentleman Duke looks to be well in at Naas today, if fit will win.

Drift said it all sting.

I couldn't believe the projected SP of the winner last night,3/1 or something. I knew he wouldn't be that long,he had been backed off the boards in a stronger race last time out but was hampered and unseated.Opened up evens and won at 2/5 today

Drift said it all sting.

I couldn't believe the projected SP of the winner last night,3/1 or something. I knew he wouldn't be that long,he had been backed off the boards in a stronger race last time out but was hampered and unseated.Opened up evens and won at 2/5 today
    David Casey does what he was told to do on Gentleman Duke I guess.Would not let him go at the start[wouldnt settle]because he would be taking on JPs other horse.I like Casey but sitting back on the horse when riding him into each hurdle.Strange very strange.The betting didnt make sense because if Gentleman Duke was not in his [JP]ownership the fav would not be 2/5 because of the flat rating of Gentleman Duke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

That Barenger lad is running at 1.05 in Donny Sting, I know you tipped him up last time, any word on him for tomorrow?

only1stevo wrote: »
    That Barenger lad is running at 1.05 in Donny Sting, I know you tipped him up last time, any word on him for tomorrow?
    Sorry but I wont tip odds on shots.Barenger is fit they are looking at how well he goes today over the trip ,They think he will win the 3 mile novice hurdle at cheltenham[Albert Bartlett].All I can say is watch the race and if he wins well then rush down and back him ante post for Cheltenham.

• Advertisement

Sorry but I wont tip odds on shots.Barenger is fit they are looking at how well he goes today over the trip ,They think he will win the 3 mile novice hurdle at cheltenham[Albert Bartlett].All I can say is watch the race and if he wins well then rush down and back him ante post for Cheltenham.

Just watched the race, Henderson must have been using it as schooling session for him over the fences as it looked like he'd never seen one before!
    The Albert Bartlett is one race he won't be winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

only1stevo wrote: »

Just watched the race, Henderson must have been using it as schooling session for him over the fences as it looked like he'd never seen one before!
    The Albert Bartlett is one race he won't be winning.

Seen the race myself, Tinkler certainly wouldn't have helped the cause but didn't jump at all.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Seen the race myself, Tinkler certainly wouldn't have helped the cause but didn't jump at all.

Yea for sure. On another note Jeremiah McGrath rode a nice race, seems to be picking up a few winners, seems a competent pilot, Henderson should throw him up on a few more of his own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Wasnt sure of where to put this so said I'd leave it here. Have a look at the 1.40 at Musselborough. Should be down the page there http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/?&aff=687&SL_RG_Navlink_8

Horse was high in the betting but drifted like a barge and was inexplicably offered at 3/1 in the place market on Betfair before the off. Kept out the back. But have a look at the 4th flight if you want a giggle

What horse are you on about Hulk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Kickahead, ridden by some Gagan claimer and trained by Ian Williams

No more info.

Was waiting for a horse to run at christmas and he didnt run dont know if he had a problem.He runs at Taunton in a very hot bumper ,Hobbs will be hard to beat but if Un Ami is as good as im told he is he will win.Was told in October he is by far the best bumper horse in the yard.8/1 would be tasty.

When does it run ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Slattsy wrote: »
    When does it run ??
    4.20 tomorrow at Taunton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Anyone heading to the Thurles races tomorrow? :)

4.20 tomorrow at Taunton
    Sorry about that ,was told tonight tha horse was coughing after the race.Im told this horse is top class he travelled so well then ,bang nothing.Watch all his horses from now on.Wright this horse in your book big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Fck sake, had a tip for Naked Cowboy there in Dundalk. Back it each way at 4/1 1/4 odds and you guessed it, comes 4th in a 14 runner handicap with the 3rd a short head in front of him. Worst way to lose your dough :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Is S de Sousa joining Godolphin as second jockey or as joint first with Frankie

Pinesky wrote: »
    Is S de Sousa joining Godolphin as second jockey or as joint first with Frankie

Seems to be second jockey.

I saw on sky sports news today they announced he was replacing Richard Hills at Godolphin. Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I saw on sky sports news today they announced he was replacing Richard Hills at Godolphin. Hmmm.

Richard Hills wasnt at Godolphin

Richard Hills wasnt at Godolphin

I'm fairly certain that way his point....

Right you are Slattsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

How do you rate Maurice Linehan he brought home a nice gamble again today.Jonjo seems to be sparing his claim. Donn mc clean raves about him and the PP voice over was gushing about him today. What do the real experts think ?

• Advertisement

Pinesky wrote: »
    How do you rate Maurice Linehan he brought home a nice gamble again today.Jonjo seems to be sparing his claim. Donn mc clean raves about him and the PP voice over was gushing about him today. What do the real experts think ?

Great potential, he's very good value for his claim compared to 95% of claimers.
    I'd have him without his claim over the like of Thomas, Scu and A Thornton anyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Check your PaddyPower accounts everyone.

They are handing out free bets, seem to be ranging from €2 to €50.
    I got €20 myself.

Sweet for an antepost accum!

Doubt I have one, haven't used them in a while

This is all I got

Where have you been? We haven't seen you in ages! Well, we've missed you and want to welcome you back with an EXCLUSIVE free bet offer!

Place a bet with Paddy Power this weekend, and we'll give you a matched free bet up to €20!

Just found out one my mates beat his cancer such a beauty delighted for him :D:D:D

Just found out one my mates beat his cancer such a beauty delighted for him :D:D:D

Great news man, that bastard took one of my friends at 30.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

That's fantastic news, Urban! It's great to hear a 'good news' story like this on lollipop day. I lost a family member to oesophageal cancer about 18 months ago, so to hear of someone surviving cancer is always good and shows that it's not necessarily a certain-death scenario!

Thanks guys. He's only 18 so good to hear.

Cancer is a right balls though.

Thanks guys. He's only 18 so good to hear.

Cancer is a right balls though.

Pardon the pun.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just out of interest do many people here follow Hugh Taylor on attheraces? He is a great person to follow for horses, he gives out a few tips each day and has a full writeup on why he is selecting them. Has a pretty decent strike rate as well.

He tipped Oscar Charlie at Lingfield today and it won @ 3/1.

His 2nd today is Aaman @ the 3.40 @ Southwell.

Here is the link

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=497771&lid=&raceid=&title=Hugh+Taylor&ref=atrNav+-+Default+Sub&nav=&sub=&day=

Yes i like him but people dont like him because once he posts up a horse you cant get the price he advises at. In fairness its not his fault he is imo the best tipster around and the bookies shorten his tips right away and it takes away alot of value. People dont like him because when he posts up his results he puts up the price he advises at but the punters cant get on at that price so people complain. But in fairness his job is to tip up horses he cant do anything about the bookies shortening the prices even if his profit margains are not realistically what the punters are going to get.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement