Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ex FCA in Afghanistan

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Ran into one of them in Bagram at the chow hall.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good story, thanks for posting..

This;
    "Another day, myself and Ian came across an Irish Army contingent and went up to say hello. They couldn't believe these two US soldiers both had Dublin accents," said Sean.

Reminded me of a time in 1989 when myself and another lad met an ex orderly room sgt from our unit in an IDF tank north of Naqoura, Lebanon!.

And the lads are from my old FCA unit too, B 'Coy 7th Bn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Reminded me of a time in 1989 when myself and another lad met an ex orderly room sgt from our unit in an IDF tank north of Naqoura, Lebanon!.
    And the lads are from my old FCA unit too, B 'Coy 7th Bn.
    A lad I grew up with collapsed with dehydration in a remote area of Japan while out running and was given 1st aid by the only person on that road - who not only was an Irish man but had served 24 years in the Irish army with my father!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

this is cool!

Thats my unit :) (swords i mean, not A'Stan)

A brother of one of the lads is our Platoon Sgt in swords. We've heard about him before.

Was only thinking last week we should do a follow up on former members and find out in which units PDF and abroad they all now serve and do up a listing of current postings with other units.

thanks for the link. Im sure his brother knows about it but sent it round anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Good old B Coy 7th (Now A Coy 65th). At the moment ex members are serving in US Army, National Guard, Irish Guards, Foreign Legion 2REP, NYPD, countless PDF and AGS. Something in the water in Swords!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Yes there is Duffman, hopefully I'll be one of those countless PDF guys at some stage :P

Advertisement