Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First sub zero temps of the winter. . . .when?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-2.7c in Tullow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

0.8c here in in the middle of Tuam with stunning and magical moonlight.
    A beautiful, moonlit night in Galway also - temp has now fallen to 0C. Should be some wonderful frostscapes to look forward to tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

-4.1C in Mullingar up to 7am. I got -3.7C 30 mins ago, now it climbing back up and currently -2.5C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

And the -3.3C at Dublin AP is an October record by more than 1C
    There's a handy table of October extremes here
    With me my record low of both air and grass min was broken.
    -1.4C and -7.1C, previous marks were -0.7C and -5.6C, records back to 2000 and 2002 respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone know what the lowest ever recorded nationally in october is???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

The parts of my garden that are still in the shade are still frosted over. Was a cold one last night alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The butter in the butter dish on the counter is harder than the butter in the fridge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

One of the bridges which is quite steep down the road from me was gritted last nite! .... THey must hav enough for the winter if they are starting to use it already! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Amazing contrast between last night and tonight.

Met Eireann forecasting night time temps tonight of 7 - 10c !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Last night was perfect for a walk. Who needs a torch when you have such stunning moonlight to guide you! It was also great to see everything covered in white this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Anyone know what the lowest ever recorded nationally in october is???
    -8.3c Markree Castle, Sligo. October 31st 1926.

-3.3c at Dublin Airport? I find this very hard to believe.
    There was a thread about this frost hollow last winter wasn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

I had -3.8C recorded on Monday morning in Maynooth. -3.3C doesn't seem completely unreasonable for Dublin airport. Unless you mean it's hard to believe it's that high?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I had -4.7c in north meath (near monaghan) the same night that dublin airport had -3.3c.
    It was a very hard frost that night but i was wondering was the thermometer wrong until i saw the figure of -3.3c in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

-8.3c Markree Castle, Sligo. October 31st 1926.

was in Dublin for marathon yday and in Car from North to South as we passed airport temperature went from -1.5c to -2.5c (at 745am) but back up to -1.0c once we got past Ballymun and near Glasnevin.

So maybe the airport is a frost hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dublin Airport had a site change in 1994 so the old -2.2 record may not be comparable. Regardless it's the coldest October temp recorded at the new site.

Actually i'm lead to believe that there's been many changes in the Dublin site even since 1994.

Advertisement