Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worried :/

• 16-10-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I've just been reading over a few topics and I have noticed that a lot of people are "worried" they're not doing enough revision. Is it just me or is revision at this time of the year a bit early? i'm aiming for 520points and i thought i was doing well until i saw these comments:eek: I'm working relatively hard but i'm only studying what we're doing at the moment. Between that and homework find i don't have time to even look back on last year's material!! Am I aiming a bit high? should i be revising now if i want to get them points? I'm really worried now :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

My sister sat her leaving this year and got 545 points (1 A1, 4 A2's and a B1).. She basically did her homework the whole way along, she didn't overexcert herself with study.. You have to have a pretty good grasp of your subjects however and work consistently.. If you want any tips I can ask her she did English, Irish, Maths, Italian, Economics, Ag-Science, Phys/Chem & Technology (Didn't count Irish or Italian as points)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

No two people are the same when it comes to learning.

Don't just hear "Oh yeah I do 8 hours of study a day" and assume it to be the standard to which you must aim if you wish to succeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

It's best to get a revision program going that best suits you, don't constantly compare yourself to other people as youre your own person. The worst thing you can do is to get yourself over worrying about these things, as the worry will effect you in a negative way. Just make sure you do what's best for you, as only you know what you need to do yourself :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

what you're doing now is fine. Just work on what you're getting in class and then when u get a topic covered, look up exam questions and see if you can answer them.
    You wont have the course finished till well into next year so doing '8 hours a night' would be pointless at this stage. You'd just forget it when it comes to the final few months and have to do it all over again. Like by no means ease up and spend those 8 hours in front of the tv... but to be worried at this stage of the year is premature. U'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Personally I'd be trying to get maybe 3 topics from last year done a week (from all your subjects like, not 3 from French, 3 from maths etc :P) if I was aiming for 520. Maybe just 20 minutes a day reading the old stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm going for 550+ and the only reason I'll be revising if for the Christmas tests. :-/ So far I've just revised for class tests and been consistent with my homework and paying attention in class. S'graaand, I of the the Leaving Cert as a marathon, you must pace yourself and keep up with to the group to make it to the end or you'll run out of steam in the final few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

I'd try to start working some 5th year revision in. there's really not going to come a time in the year that suddenly there will be enough time to look over 2 years of work. of course if remember everything really well and take it in completely the first time (like my brother, but not me unfortunately) then that's great, otherwise try and do a bit of revision every now and then. maybe on the weekend when you don't have the days schoolwork to be looking over

Advertisement