Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Wardens... what assholes!

• 16-10-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

whats the deal with parking wadens?? I have gotten so many parking fines over the past couple of years(many of them deservedly so). Last week however i got a letter in the door to say i had been fined. The parking warden hadn bothered to leave a fine on the car. I was convinced that i had a valid parking disk displayed (as i got a fine the day before) so wasn risking another one. Turns out it was the same warden who gave me both fines, who clearly didn even bother checking my car. Not the first time this happened either. :mad:

Anyone else have bad experiences with parking wardens??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

???.. so did you have a valid ticket or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

And did you have it displayed properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

o ye had it displayed nd everything, even found it in my car the other day, brought it over to the council to appeal it, so we'l see what happens. its just annoying that they do it in the first place. As i said its not the first time that they havnt bothered to leave the fine on the window,so i dont no until i get the letter in the door. So have to keep a hold of all the little tickets that i buy now just incase they fine me anway!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Some idiots also have a habit of taking them off peoples cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

sarah88 wrote: »
    . As i said its not the first time that they havnt bothered to leave the fine on the window,

Maybe kids out messing took the ticket. Got curious, looked at it and threw it away

• Advertisement

ye thats what they tend to say over in the council aswell, could well be the case. Happened to the bf before tho, (he has a permit for the car), he was comin out of his house and saw the parkin warden walking past his road. He got a fine in the door a few days later :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

They are not my favourite people either,there is one fella who i hate with a passion,but they have got a job to do.

ye its true, but some of them are sound enuf, just do their job, but i think others 1 in particular, (more then likely the same 1 that your thinkin bout) goes on a bit of a power buzz!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jesus lads, hasn't the mobile phone really ruined the English language

sarah88 wrote: »
    ye its true, but some of them are sound enuf, just do their job, but i think others 1 in particular, (more then likely the same 1 that your thinkin bout) goes on a bit of a power buzz!!

Yeah most of them are grand,but there is that one man who isn't,I'm sure its the same person you are talking about.
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Jesus lads, hasn't the mobile phone really ruined the English language

It sure has,a lot of people here including a mod have very bad spelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

A friend of mine was fined last winter, despite having a parking permit. Heavy frost had covered the window and obscured the permit. He appealed the fine but was told he would have to pay - apparently it was his responsibility to keep the window clear!:eek:

yeah thats actually unbelieveable, i remember passing a car early this year, the window screen was compleatly covered in ice- and the warden had given them a fine:eek: its crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I got one a couple weeks ago right outside my house for not having a parking permit or ticket displayed. Funny thing was I had the permit displayed on the window and there wasnt anything that could be covering it.Plus it was given a time of 10:35am but I was gone from the house before half 10 :confused:
    What made it worse was I had the car parked there for a few weeks without tax,permit,parking ticket or anything on it while waiting for the log book to come back to me and I didnt get a ticket while it was like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Slightly off topic but my old man never buy's them. His theory is that he's been done maybe twice over the years but he has it worked out that he is up money.

Even more off topic but Pre-Recession I was actually offered a job to be one. I can tell ya the money is nothing to be scoffed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

i'm sorry lads, but i just done believe half the stories posted on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How long does it take a ticket to come in the post? That dickhead you are all on about was in the middle of writing one for me a few weeks ago when i got back to the car and drove off, he said he was posting it but it hasn't arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd imagine well within a few weeks. I'd say your grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but my old man never buy's them. His theory is that he's been done maybe twice over the years but he has it worked out that he is up money.

Even more off topic but Pre-Recession I was actually offered a job to be one. I can tell ya the money is nothing to be scoffed at.

Does Papa Ziedth just takes a chance everytime he parks in Waterford then? hoping he wont get fined?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

ziedth wrote: »

I've heard this argument before, but personally I'd rather pay a euro or two whenever I park than be stung with a forty euro fine, even if it adds up to more in the long run.

I did get a parking fine once when I was in the shop getting change for the meter. Must have only been parked up for a few minutes. Would have protested with the warden, but he/she was nowhere to been seen. I appealed it, attaching a photocopy of my pay and display ticket which was bought two minutes after the fine was issued, and they cancelled it.

Gadgie wrote: »
    I've heard this argument before, but personally I'd rather pay a euro or two whenever I park than be stung with a forty euro fine, even if it adds up to more in the long run.

I did get a parking fine once when I was in the shop getting change for the meter. Must have only been parked up for a few minutes. Would have protested with the warden, but he/she was nowhere to been seen. I appealed it, attaching a photocopy of my pay and display ticket which was bought two minutes after the fine was issued, and they cancelled it.

Reminds me of this :D

Australians-Are-Good-At-Disputing-Parking-Tickets-576-full.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

There is a pretty sound warden in town that iv bumped into a few times, i pulled up onto the kerb on o connell st because the loading bay was full of cars (i drive a van) was unloading a few boxes when the warden waved at me from accross the street and shouted, "will you be finished by the time i give all these cars tickets" I think that was pretty cool of him.

I got a ticket in Galway while i was unloading once, the engine was still running! Its hard enough to do get business without the added cost of getting a ticket because some one has parked there car in a loading bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I'll be the first to step up to the plate and say the following:

Pay for your parking and you wont get fined.

There, I said it! Obviously that does'nt help the people that have valid parking permits that the warden has'nt seen or been bothered to look for.

I've never gotten a parking ticket because I am aware that there are people out there who's job it is to fine people who have'nt paid for their parking or are parked in places they should'nt be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

There's a certain parking warden that's a proper ****, he was born for the uniform, he had an arguement with me one day because I was facing the wrong way while parked up. Herself was in Dunnes getting a few bits, I was parked up sitting in the car not on double yellow, not in a loading bay, but he insisted I'd have to go because I was parked facing the 'wrong' way. I told to him to jog on, but he was insisting on writing a ticket, so to be fair, I did a donut on the street and f*cked off.

Jesus thats taking it a bit too far now, thats crazy trying to give you a ticket for facing 'the wrong way' on a road.:eek:what an ass! That one takes the biscuit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

To be perfectly honest, the guys in the City are fine but there is one lad in Fungarvan who I swear is a member of the Gestappo

You are supposed to park in the direction of the traffic flow. You certainly can get a ticket for parking against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

I got one yesterday while parked outside my house on a quiet street in Cork, no-one obstructed or needing the spot but what can you do. I'm afraid when kids get bullied in school you can end up with asshole parking wardens that don't have common sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Take that to the Cork forum my good man

I have met one sound guy, possibly the same as a previous poster mentioned cause i have had similar experiences with him. eg, he let me run into penneys the other day to grab a pair of pants if i could be back before he finished writing up tickets for the other cars parked illegally, and sure enough he did, he was actually waiting for me when i came out and joked about how slow i was and that he could have written me up about 5 tickets in the time i had taken to get one pair of pants

parking warden humour? perhaps, but he is pretty sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Kahless wrote: »
    You are supposed to park in the direction of the traffic flow. You certainly can get a ticket for parking against it.

Never heard of that in all me days..... is that in the Rules of thd Road?

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Never heard of that in all me days..... is that in the Rules of thd Road?
    First one on this page
    http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/parking/general-rules.html

Advertisement