Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash X Counter - 20th November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So after I said nobody can claim to be Irish Tekken champion until they've beaten Simon, we got a heated reply.
    Originally posted by triademan
    Chopper: you re mistaken here...this is the other way around...I am here since 3 years and played all the best in ireland !

Don t know mister Simon Lau but if he wants to claim something he should try over here the best ! Mevek, GFK wich are still active in tekken 6 like myself !

Anyhow I don t think I am gonna move to Belfast on the 20 th as i have other plans but...but if mister Simon Lau want to come in dublin to play, I am happy to play him whenever he wants !

We ll talk about that this sat ! :eek:

TEST YOU WELL

Will the challenge be accepted...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So after I said nobody can claim to be Irish Tekken champion until they've beaten Simon, we got a heated reply.

Will the challenge be accepted...

Maybe you could point out to him we'd be more impressed if he posted in his own thread, or replied to pm's occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Anyhow I don t think I am gonna move to Belfast on the 20 th as i have other plans

Sure...

So, how 'bout that Guilty Gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

I spoke to Vaughan tonight about the tourney; I'll be running it, free entry, I'm gonna buy a big chocolate cake, maybe with like "Let's get it on yo" written in icing for the winner.

Get cake hype

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Lets go Justin - on the cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Blinn wrote: »
    Get cake hype

One of the better kinds of hype IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Blinn wrote: »
    I spoke to Vaughan tonight about the tourney; I'll be running it, free entry, I'm gonna buy a big chocolate cake, maybe with like "Let's get it on yo" written in icing for the winner.

Get cake hype

Don't worry I'll share it out when I win

Victory flavoured cake, da best flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Probably worth telling the Irish Tekken Grand Wizard Champion Of The Iron Foot that Simon's not the one making claims to be the best in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Who all actually plays Tekken in Ireland?

Yo I'm easily the grand champion of... uuuum... let's see... Fighters Destiny, get at me. :pac:

Do y'all like schedules? I like schedules.

thumb-2F0F_4CDA5F26.jpg thumb-EE0F_4CDA5F51.jpg

Doors open: 12 noon
    Super Street Fighter IV: 1pm
    Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion: 2pm
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift: 4pm
    SSF4 3v3: 6pm

But don't worry, there's more than just those games on. We've got an impressive number of other setups to be used for tournament practise, casual play of other games and side-tournaments!

• Advertisement

Yo I'm easily the grand champion of... uuuum... let's see... Fighters Destiny, get at me. :pac:
    There's a few people kicking about who enjoy a game any time they can. I'm a fan of the game though not very good at it, Roogle and Robbie would both play some matches while they were here. Holly and Ricky would give it a go too, and there's a group of players in Derry as well. That's just the ones I know of, there's of course southern players too, as well as northern players who I just haven't seen at Slayers.

The T6BR tourney at the last Q-Con had over 30 players if I remember right, which means there's definitely people who enjoy it!

Oh there's definitely players about, but I don't think many people practice it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh there's definitely players about, but I don't think many people practice it seriously.
    Because Tekken 6 is divisive.

I prefer watching T6 to playing it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I play it but not competively. I main Lili

is the GGXXAC tourney not on the same day too? Lots of action ^^

The GGXXAC tourney is a side-event run by Robert so I haven't got it listed on the main tourney schedule. Same for the 3S side-event. Much like side-tourneys at the big EU/US fighting game events, it's down to the attendee to run it so I can be lazy and not think with it. ;)
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    I play it but not competively. I main Lili
    Lili bros reppin' :cool:

Pffft, everybody plays Lili in some capacity, she's just so.... classy. :pac:

Dem pirouettes.

*Looks at Lili alt 3*

Yes. "Classy".
    A+ waifu material?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Originally posted by triademan
    Chopper: you re mistaken here...this is the other way around...I am here since 3 years and played all the best in ireland !

Don t know mister Simon Lau but if he wants to claim something he should try over here the best ! Mevek, GFK wich are still active in tekken 6 like myself !

Anyhow I don t think I am gonna move to Belfast on the 20 th as i have other plans but...but if mister Simon Lau want to come in dublin to play, I am happy to play him whenever he wants !

We ll talk about that this sat ! eek.gif

TEST YOU WELL

- Simon has played (beaten and got beaten by) some of the best in Europe. I do not know why triademan states he has been here 3 years. Simon has been here alot longer. Not that it makes any difference. Ireland is hardly a hotbed of Tekken competition.

- Simon is not claiming anything. Is it not triademan that has something about being the Irish Tekken champ in his sig on Zaibatsu? I asked him to change it to ROI champ a while ago and he obliged.

- Of course triademan isnt going to put effort into potentially being proved that he is not the Irish Tekken champ lol.

- Calling Simon NI champ and triademan ROI champ if people REALLY want titles is prob pretty accurate anyway.

I think calling Simon "Tekken Lord" is better. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

When Simon wins he should shout 'I just laid down... THE LAU' (Law)

I'm so terribly sorry.

Seriously, you need Simon Lau to show up.

Make him wear a secret disguise.
    And sign up under a false name.

Kinda like Tokido Murder Face.

I fought the Lau and the Lau won.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

The most ownage thing about The Truth is how quiet and pensive he is.. as he destroys you with sonic booms.

Simon Lau

The Truth hurts

zing

Simon's not The Truth any more btw guys.

Goddamn people and their revolving door nicknames. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Hasn't been "The Truth" for a couple of months now, it's "The One". Like Jet Li.

Also whoever that guy is who claims to be no.1 in Tekken, if he's not willing to come up and prove it then the guy is just a loudmouth.

For all we know he could be really good so no need to discount him, although I find it hard to think that someone has played "all the best in Ireland" but hasn't heard of Simon, who has placed extremely well in large UK tournaments which have players from all over Europe at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm not working! so there

Who else is heading up and is anybody going to get train tickets? I don't think I have time.

Advertisement