Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash X Counter - 20th November 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hai Gaiz,

It looks like I will be able to provide the following.

1 component for the players only.Pretty much lagless.

1 signal for the hauppage and for commentary (which should work fine)

1 Component for the projector or spectator screen.

I have 1 tested and 1 untested VGA converter for these 2 components. However, I won't have VGA cables with me, so if you could dig some out. I'm sure they won't be hard to come by in a college :)

Only thing- those vga converters are powered by USB, so it's be much, much easier if we could stick to component wherever possible. That or a USB dock with some long mini usb leads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

So we can get screen/hauppage/projector all on the go at the same time? Sick stuff! I'll find something to make it up for ya, man!

I don't see us doing commentary, though, so that's one less thing to worry about setting up. We should have some kind of PA setup but that'll just be for announcing players and winners and soforth.

I should have at least one normal VGA cable at home and I could probably find a few in work somewhere. ;)

What time are you arriving at, Doom?

Vyze wrote: »
    So we can get screen/hauppage/projector all on the go at the same time? Sick stuff! I'll find something to make it up for ya, man!

I don't see us doing commentary, though, so that's one less thing to worry about setting up. We should have some kind of PA setup but that'll just be for announcing players and winners and soforth.

I should have at least one normal VGA cable at home and I could probably find a few in work somewhere. ;)

What time are you arriving at, Doom?

Yup, I can split the signal 3 ways so doing projector/ hauppage/ player screen is fine!

I'll be on the 9.35 from Dublin so sometime after 12.

I'll get a taxi over though, this stuff is just too heavy to walk with.

Awesome, well gimme a shout once you arrive and we can see about helping to get your stuff set up! Roughly how much space will you need near the finals screen? About enough room for two laptops or so?

Hopefully you'll be here before 1pm though since that's when SSF4 is due to start and we wouldn't want you to miss signups! :D

Awesome, well gimme a shout once you arrive and we can see about helping to get your stuff set up! Roughly how much space will you need near the finals screen? About enough room for two laptops or so?

Hopefully you'll be here before 1pm though since that's when SSF4 is due to start and we wouldn't want you to miss signups! :D

If I'm not there by 1 you bloody well sign me up! I've had more than my fair share of supporting non SF fighting games lately :D

I'd prob need 2-3 laptops worth of space. Maybe a little less if we're not doing commentary. Bear in mind I have a 17 inch latop as well as the gear.

• Advertisement

Haha no problem, I'll whack your name down if I don't see you by the time we're ready to start. I doubt it'll be like Q-Con again where we'll be totally full before the Dublin guys can even make it anyway forcing us to re-open signups. :P

Unless one of you guys wants to do your own commentary, we won't be doing it ourselves. I'll make sure we've got room for all the equipment, since we've got my own 17" laptop and a projector to set up as well! Will probably need two desks, methinks.

I actually wouldn't mind if someone did want to do some commentary, it'd make a good pre inferno test.

Get Roogle on Skype and pay him to commentate. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Once I get knocked out, I'll hit the bar for a while and I'll be well prepped for commentating the final.

Vyze : One of the handles on the monitor broke on me so I'd say I'll only be able to bring three. Do you still want them? They have no speakers but from Inferno they seem to be pretty much lagless.

They should also cover VGA cables as each of them has two in the box.

Anything else I can do to help, let me know.

Orim wrote: »
    Once I get knocked out, I'll hit the bar for a while and I'll be well prepped for commentating the final.

Vyze : One of the handles on the monitor broke on me so I'd say I'll only be able to bring three. Do you still want them? They have no speakers but from Inferno they seem to be pretty much lagless.

They should also cover VGA cables as each of them has two in the box.

Anything else I can do to help, let me know.
    I think we should have the room pretty much full with screens, but if you want to bring them then we can use them to replace existing screens which may or may not have a bit of lag on them (mostly the same ones that were used at Q-Con).

I'm happy enough using the screens we have (since they have sound already I and wouldn't wanna force you to lug up some heavy screens if you don't need to!) so it's your call if you wanna bring them to replace other screens.

Cheers for all the offers of help, guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Me and Chop to commentate BB. We'll be like Dacidbro & Xie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think we should have the room pretty much full with screens, but if you want to bring them then we can use them to replace existing screens which may or may not have a bit of lag on them (mostly the same ones that were used at Q-Con).

I'm happy enough using the screens we have (since they have sound already I and wouldn't wanna force you to lug up some heavy screens if you don't need to!) so it's your call if you wanna bring them to replace other screens.

Cheers for all the offers of help, guys!

If you have enough then I won't bother. They ain't easy to transport and it just makes it a bit more relaxing for me. I'll bring a couple of VGA cables anyway.

Orim wrote: »
    If you have enough then I won't bother. They ain't easy to transport and it just makes it a bit more relaxing for me. I'll bring a couple of VGA cables anyway.
    No point making your life hell carrying stuff around if you're an attendee rather than staff! :) (Doom, pretend you didn't read that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Ye'll all have to fight me off the mic on the day.
    I'll be calling out EVERY dropped combo and every waitin' on the down-back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wanna hear Voa & Xinkai on mics.

So long as the rest of us don't need to listen to it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Until the tekken guys sort their "scene" out, I'm declaring myself official world champion of Ireland.

Simon Lau: it's on.

(after you help me pick paul from the character select screen.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This character, it was made for me!

mokujin4ns.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This character, it was made for me!

Lies.

Not loli enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Oh my days, does Ryan know there is a 3s side tourney

A FT 10 with Ryan in 3s would be sweet, would make for great content too

Edit ; Posted up on NE

Wow, that's pretty awesome if he can make it! Our first standalone event and now we've got mainland UK players possibly coming over. No pressure or anything! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone from Dublin doing the day trip, returning Saturday evening. The gf has a course in Dublin that weekend and I'll be hanging around up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone from Dublin doing the day trip, returning Saturday evening. The gf has a course in Dublin that weekend and I'll be hanging around up there?

Yeah I plan to

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'll be heading back the same day. We usually do.

I'll be heading back the same day. We usually do.
    "Same" day. If I recall last time I was up, we weren't back until 2 am.

Voa wrote: »
    "Same" day. If I recall last time I was up, we weren't back until 2 am.

That was a clerical error.

And I was trying to get people to MOVE for about an hour and a half before we left (at which point we would have gotten on an air coach and been home about 3 hours earlier).

Ah, yeah, I remember now. I was halfway between staying instead because of the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone booked train tickets yet?

• Advertisement

Anyone booked train tickets yet?

I'll be doing it tomorrow.

Advertisement