Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing around howth head,

Options
  • 16-10-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

HI, I have been trawling through different posts and picking up some good information,However I am completly new to fishing and have some rather basic questions ..however if you dont ask ...
    • in simple terms what type of a rig should i use for general fishing around Howth head
    • What should I expect to catch Autumn -winter season
    • I was going to use mackeral strips....recommended or ?
    Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

I think the ground can be rough enough there but if you try some flapper rigs off the rocks you should get something. You should get some pollack whiting and dogs. There may be some wrasse around but they kinda disappear for the winter. Try some lug as well and tip it off with some mack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 barrylyons

HI Jack and thanks for the reply. I was out yesterday and as you said ,the rocks were a bit snaggy, next time i go out I will go to a different spot and give the flapper rigs a go, i suppose it will take a bit of time to find some good spots to cast from , I was down past the martello where the old boathouse is .

Thanks

barry

Advertisement