Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop playing computer sounds, but not music files. (help!)

• 16-10-2010 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Sometimes once in a while my laptop is unable to play music files. In iTunes I simply can't start music files, the time meter on top never moves. In VLC and Quicktime the music files commences but there is no sound.

I have an Amplifier, NuForce DAC and Headphone. A funny thing is if I open a folder with my headphones on the noise of the "clicking" happens, or if I put my computer into sleep mode the computer makes that sound audible. Even when I remove the DAC the sound of devices being pulled out from the sytem happens through the headphones. When the DAC, amp and headphones are in iTunes won't play songs, but if take out the DAC and restart it it does. But once I resinsert the DAC the music stops.

This happens every once in a while but randomly goes away, it baffles me. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I found out I can play WAVs in Real Player.

I updated to iTunes 10 but still can't play them with iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Download vlc player www.videolan.org or winamp player to play files for the moment.
    PUSH UP the slider in volume control, wave and sw synth, see control panel, audio,.

Advertisement