Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie app for iPhone/iPod.

• 16-10-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

is there an app for this website on the app store yet and if not does anyone know if the owners of boards are developing one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no app. none in development. http://m.boards.ie is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

That was a request to get tapatalk installed but as boards.ie does not run on a standard vbulletin system, it may be hard to intergrate and the ops may not want to do it

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,752 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Why would you need an app?
    Isnt there a fully functional browser on the Iphone which can either access the "main" site, or the mobile site if you so chose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I think this was discussed before and basically it was said that there was no plans to develop an app in the future. The demand wasn't there to warrent developing one. Bookmarking m.boards.ie as an icon on my springboard does the job for me while i'm away from a wifi signal, though with a few drawbacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

How cool would a Boards Apple Media Devices app be though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

naasrd wrote: »
    How cool would a Boards Apple Media Devices app be though?

Not very.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I wear glasses, when I remember to bring them, I find that the mobile site is very hard to read on the iPhone. I do like the tapatalk app and use it on several other forums

I cannot see boards.ie admins making their own app, that costs time and money and as the tapatalk app is ios, android, windows mobile and nokia, think blackberry as well, it would be easier to use than doing several apps

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i hate using the mobile site, its horrrible
    i much rather use the ful site on my iphone and dont find it difficult to use at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I dont use it myself so i cant comment on it,but im pretty sure this is the APP you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭phill106

I dont use it myself so i cant comment on it,but im pretty sure this is the APP you are looking for.

I just tried it, think forum would need to be added by editing pages on the site, much like tapatalk. As boards is so custom, i doubt that will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Are you familiar with this app.....would it work with adverts.ie. I have an ipad and I recently found out I can’t up load photos adverts.ie. :(

Sorry... i just read the first part of your post.... ignore me.

Soot-fan wrote: »
    Are you familiar with this app.....would it work with adverts.ie. I have an ipad and I recently found out I can’t up load photos adverts.ie. :(

Sorry... i just read the first part of your post.... ignore me.

No problem,sorry i dont use it,but here is the FREE version to try out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's doubtful that app will work with adverts as adverts uses neither vbulletin (in the traditional sense) or phpbb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What about an iPad/iPhone skin? The buttons and links aren't very finger-friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I use the IPB app on my Iphone for the Boards website. It works really well. I have a few other forums loaded on it as well.

Can't link to the App but a search in Itunes will find it!

scout353 wrote: »
    I use the IPB app on my Iphone for the Boards website. It works really well. I have a few other forums loaded on it as well.

Can't link to the App but a search in Itunes will find it!

Is THIS the one you are talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Is THIS the one you are talking about?

Yes that's the one - works fine for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

m.boards works well but it would be nice to be able to upload images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

phpbb3 has a nice iPhone CSS which could be adapted to suit vBulletin, Google project here.

Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is a rule that creating an app to just wrap a website normally does not get approved. So if you were designing one it would require something beyond just reading/posting to the forums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

What's the difference in using the IPB app to using a web browser to view the forum?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

Any update on a boards.ie app???

KingFling wrote: »
    Any update on a boards.ie app???

Doubt it will happen and it would prob just be the same as the touch site. Look at the adverts app. Very similar to the touch site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

guil wrote: »
    Doubt it will happen and it would prob just be the same as the touch site. Look at the adverts app. Very similar to the touch site

Wonder why they bothered with an adverts app in that case?

Think I read somewhere before that because the forum is heavily modified that it would be too hard to make an app or make it compatible with tapatalk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

An app was developed but they weren't happy with it so it was abandoned.

The touch site is fine tbh. I'd rather they spend their limited resources improving it than on a crappy app version of it.

Advertisement