Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa for Pets?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I'm totally up for it. Don't see any problem with giving out address, how often do all of us enter competitions etc and don't hesitate to give our contact info. Just delete it afterwards! Are cats included in this too so, have a dog and a cat and both like to have something under the tree ;)

Count me in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Shamanic wrote: »
    This is a fantasic idea!! I haven't posted on her at all really but our cat just passed away and I'm hoping to get one either from a fellow boardsie I'm in contact with or some of the shelters ive called. So can I join in and give my wee monsters name later?

No problem.

I'm not too sure about pets names? Obviously I will be dealing with peoples personal information here so it depends really on how identifyable people want to be, if you give your pets name your Secret Santa will find it much easier to find you on boards. Of course if they find out who you are they will be better equiped to make you gift as suitable as possible, so I suppose pets names optional?

First things first, shall we just call the official thread "The API Official Secret Santa Thread" or should we come up with a title that looks completely boring and uninteresting to egits that spot it in the main page (threads most recently posted to)?

tommy21 wrote: »
    I'm totally up for it. Don't see any problem with giving out address, how often do all of us enter competitions etc and don't hesitate to give our contact info. Just delete it afterwards! Are cats included in this too so, have a dog and a cat and both like to have something under the tree ;)

Count me in anyway.

All pets will be included - Dogs/Cats/Smallies/Birds/Lizards . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Lets call it Accountacy finals or something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I think it would be a shame if the secret santa didn't go ahead. It's such a great idea, and I think it will be such a laugh trying to figure out who sent it to you!

As Tommy says, we all enter random competitions and as long as our details are treated with the strictest confidence and deleted afterwards then there shouldn't be any problems.

Fair play to AJ for coming up with the concept and for being willing to co-ordinate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Adrenalinjunkie, its a great idea, do continue with it. If everything is done by PM then you shouldnt be worrying about details getting out etc. Just match up the names to everyone, PM people who they got and then everyone can come back here and say how they got on...or post pics....definitely post pics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Not sure i can get from dublin to laois to pick up the cat needing a home, but if all else fails we'll be fostering until we find that special someone to fill the house with the pitter patter of tiny paws, so count us in and hopefully we'll have a a wee family member by xmas x

Shamanic wrote: »
    Not sure i can get from dublin to laois to pick up the cat needing a home, but if all else fails we'll be fostering until we find that special someone to fill the house with the pitter patter of tiny paws, so count us in and hopefully we'll have a a wee family member by xmas x

There will be plenty of time yet. The next 2 weeks will be about registering your interest, I won't be looking for information until near the end of that 2 weeks. Please don't be in rush to find a cat in the next 2 weeks though just because of that deadline, it will still be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

There will be plenty of time yet. The next 2 weeks will be about registering your interest, I won't be looking for information until near the end of that 2 weeks. Please don't be in rush to find a cat in the next 2 weeks though just because of that deadline, it will still be fine.

Thanks AJ x

Well the 'Accounting Finals' thread is up and running now, looks a bit rubbish though, a load of rules and stuff, unavoidable really I suppose. We can all add our bits now though to it to transform it into the happy thead of sweetness and light it's supposed to be! ;)

Have to change the thread a bit having just remembered I can't edit or delete posts more than a day old :rolleyes:

Done and dusted this time!

• Advertisement

Link to the new 'official' thread as I suspect there are people following this thread and not the other one. You can send PM's now anytime if you think you might forget :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056079924

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Are we doing SS this year?Might be a bit late for organising as it got going a mth earlier in Oct last yr. Any thoughts? It was great craic last yr :D

Work In Progress . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Work In Progress . . .

:confused: I think I need to start reading the dates of posts a bit more accurately :confused:

I've sent you a PM with all of my details for the "Accounting Final" :rolleyes:
    What can I say - I'm an eager eejit! :D
    Feel free to delete that message as I thought sign up for the event was now - then realized after I'd sent you the message that the thread I was looking at was dated 2010 :rolleyes:

So, suffice to say - I'm an eager beaver for this if its going ahead! And appologies on the PM being sent :rolleyes:

People - do not send me PM's with personal info! :eek:

Work in Progress I said :p The thread linked was for last year.

Sorry but for the time being -

. . .

<ETA> Never mind Kali_Kalika it was free entertainment! :p

Locking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement