Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple ipad applications

Options
  • 16-10-2010 6:11pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi I would like to know if anyone has used or seen the ipad used as a communication or learning tool. My son is 9 and has some movement in his right hand were he can press buttons on toys and do switch work.
    He is working on YES, NO cards at the moment but hope to move on to EAT,DRINK,TOY, ect.
    Any thoughts would be great THANKS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Take a look at something like Grace. Its designed with exactly this kind of thing in mind.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Thanks for that. The Tap To Talk looks good to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

If he has an occupational therapist, they should be able to help with advice on this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

He has an OT and they do great work with what they have but with funding the way it is they are not up to speed with the Ipad or it's apps.
    I bought him one today and he loves it,playing on the piano keys,counting numbers and making animal sounds I think "Grace" is a bit advance for him yet but some of the baby learning apps are very good.

DSC00758-1.jpg

Advertisement