Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Salthill Airshow (I'm making a movie)

Options
  • 16-10-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

I'm a film student in NUIG and I'm putting together a proposal to make a documentary about the Salthill Airshow, its cancellation and the various issues surrounding it. Unfortunately I only moved to Galway a couple of months ago so I've never attended the event myself. What I would like is some help. There are many ways in which people can help. If you have any of the following and would be willing to share them with me I will love you long time:

- Videos of the airshow, ideally original footage in the highest quality available.
    - Photographs of the event.
    - Opinions, anecdotes and memories about the airshow.

We have no money to pay you for allowing us to use anything you give us, but we can at the very least offer a big thank you in the credits for anyone who contributes.

The first one (videos) if probably the most useful, it would be great to have some archive footage of previous airshows to put in the documentary. I've found some on youtube and have the permission of the owners to use them, but youtube (especially from '07) isn't very high quality and the more we have to choose from the better it will look.

Most people won't have video to share with us, but even helping me understand the history of the airshow and the feelings people have about it would be very helpful. If anyone feels very strongly about the issue and would like a chance to say that to the camera then it is possible that could happen, though I won't know until later.

This has gone on a bit longer than I anticipated but I think you get the idea so I'll leave it there.

Thanks.

ps, I've spoken with Steyr, he is helping already.

Comments

Advertisement